Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Tournament Games
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Tournament Games
Villanova ends Orange dreams 82-63

WVU-Providence tied 28 apiece @ the half. The Mountaineers played lousy in the first half, going scoreless for over 7 minutes. But they weathered the storm and went on a run that tied the score to end the half.

Now for the 2nd half... 04-cheers
03-12-2008 02:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
RE: Tournament Games
Congrats to Huggy and Co. In comfortably now 04-bow 04-cheers
03-12-2008 03:30 PM
Find all posts by this user
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

When the game's on the line, Joe Alexander is money in the bank. 04-rock
03-12-2008 03:32 PM
Advertisement

LaRue777 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU,ECU,MI
bitcruncher Wrote:When the game's on the line, Joe Alexander is money in the bank. 04-rock
We seem to be seeing the effect of the fire Huggins lit under him earlier in the year. I'm starting to warm up to the Huggy Bear and get his style. The better the player, the harder you are on him. Trying to milk a little extra out of whatever talent a player has.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2008 10:58 AM by LaRue777.)
03-13-2008 10:56 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

WVU and UConn played a game of basketbrawl. The Mountaineers won. That's their favorite game. 05-mafia

The officiating sucked. They're so inconsistent. Nobody knows what's going to be called. It's become a disgrace.

Ah well. The Hoyas are next on the radar...
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2008 03:59 PM by bitcruncher.)
03-13-2008 03:58 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
bitcruncher Wrote:WVU and UConn played a game of basketbrawl. The Mountaineers won. That's their favorite game. 05-mafia

The officiating sucked. They're so inconsistent. Nobody knows what's going to be called. It's become a disgrace.

Ah well. The Hoyas are next on the radar...

Congrats WVU. That was one of the ugliest games I have ever seen. Officials called every tap and tick. UCONN never got into the flow of the game. Thabeet was taken out by the refs for the most part. Alexander is a great player but the guy pushes off almost on every single shot. That was ugly. I guess WVU is now playing full time thuggin ball. Even the announcer called WVU Cincy a few times.

Man it is good to get out of the BE conference. I think the NCAA might be a relieve. I think all the BE teams will be tough outs in the tournament. WVU is definitely in. BE deserves 8 teams in the NCAA.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2008 08:26 PM by SF Husky.)
03-13-2008 08:26 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I know what you mean, dude. They called every ticky-tack foul available, and let the muggings go unmolested. It's no both teams had so many fouls. The officials definitely controlled the flow of the game.

They didn't only disrupt UConn's flow, they disrupted WVU's momentum several times as well. Man, our officiating is BEastly. 03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2008 07:59 AM by bitcruncher.)
03-14-2008 07:58 AM
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Georgetown might be pleased that only the 5, 6, and 7 seeds remain. However, Marquette over ND wasn't much of an upset and WVU and Pitt were less than 5 point dogs as well. The Hoyas are the clear favorite at this point are but are a long way from a sure thing to win the next two. I will go ahead and call them the definitive best team in the league after yesterday. They not only won the regular season by a game but also are the only bye team to make the semis.

For as ugly as UofL has looked the last two games, it all comes down to shooting %. I think it's that simple. I think the Cards looked horrific the last two games, against two quality opponents. And yet they were only 1-2 more made shot away from winning both games. Last night our main 3 guard combo of Sosa, Smith, and McGee shot 2 of 22 from the field. I'm not sure how we were even in the game with that kind of slump from your guards. Earl Clark is the answer but if the UofL guards (Smith especially, who didn't make a shot against Georgetown) can hit a few we can hang with anyone. If they don't start hitting we can lose to anyone really, although no one seems to beat us by more than 1 or 2 shots in those cases.

The games tonight should be interesting. I don't see Marquette whipping Pitt like they did in the regular season, but I wonder how tired the Panthers will be after a battle of a game that would have had them tired even if it hadn't gone to overtime. WVU is playing great and it will be a good game, although no one is beating Georgetown if they hit 50% from the field.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2008 09:37 AM by CollegeCard.)
03-14-2008 09:37 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
It's official we're Pitt's ******* in Madison Square Garden. We are bought and paid for / owned by the Panthers. Congrats to the folks in Pittsburgh.
That being said I love being in the Big East. You can't take a night off. The greatest collection of basketball programs ever assembled. Even though we lost last night, I'm proud as hell to be part of this league.
CJ
03-14-2008 10:16 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

WVU was a step slow and a hair off all night, and Georgetown was firing on all cylinders. Ouch...

That's the recipe to use if you want to run into a buzzsaw. 05-mafia

Go Hoyas! Beat Pitt! 04-cheers
03-15-2008 07:39 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.