Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Falcons take down Kent...
Bookmark and Share
Falconfreak Offline
2nd String

I Root For: BOWLING GREEN
Falcons take down Kent...
BG beats Kent State....Joe Jakubowski leads BG with 21 as the Falcons win it 89-83!! Finally, we beat this team in our house after 6 losses in a row.

Edit: Brian Moten led BG with 24...deadly from 3.

ROLL ALONG YOU BG WARRIORS.....
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2008 04:19 PM by Falconfreak.)
03-01-2008 02:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
RE: Falcons take down Kent...
Congrats on a big win, you guys were deadly from downtown (11-21 from 3) and controlled the boards early as Q got in quick foul trouble. The troubling part for Kent State is their D allowing BG to score almost 90 points and dictate the tempo.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2008 02:44 PM by Polish Hammer.)
03-01-2008 02:43 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Congrats to the Falcons as you have good reason to be proud although I fear what it may mean for the MAC in terms of 2 bids.

The East race is still undecided and KSU has two challenging games left.
03-01-2008 02:45 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
Kent State with a major choke job.....They could have clinched the East today and know the door is wide open. Akron and Ohio are still alive for the East title. Kent State now in serious danger of blowing the #1 seed after being ranked in top 25. They still have to play Miami and @ Akron.....WMU could win the MAC regular season title with one more Kent State loss and clinch an NIT spot and #1 seed.....
03-01-2008 02:46 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
Yep, we should blow an at large if we cannot take care of business against a sub .500 team that has nothing to play for other than being the spoiler while we are playing for a title. While we have some nice wins, we have lost to some of what the selection committee will look at as "gimmes"...Detroit, Toledo and now BG. Our biggest problem is that we look at them as "gimmes", too, and get a loss or a scare every time.

On, well, the funs over. Back to the Q for everyone.

Congratluations to BG. They just outplayed us. I think the Falsons will be a force in the MAC next year. Just don't wait until the last friggin' game of the season to show up...as you did with Miami last year and us today.
03-01-2008 03:09 PM
Airport KC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mid American
Could the Falcons be a dark horse team at the Q.

05-stirthepot
03-01-2008 03:28 PM
Advertisement

Falconfreak Offline
2nd String

Airport KC Wrote:Could the Falcons be a dark horse team at the Q.

05-stirthepot

Yes...BG will be a team nobody wants to play. I like this underdog role.
03-01-2008 04:20 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Congrats Falcons, although yo could have helped out the MAC by caving in. NW Ohio seems to hold some mojo over NE Ohio, at least when the games are in NW Ohio.
03-01-2008 04:37 PM
Falconfreak Offline
2nd String

H2Oville Rocket Wrote:Congrats Falcons, although yo could have helped out the MAC by caving in. NW Ohio seems to hold some mojo over NE Ohio, at least when the games are in NW Ohio.

Well H2O, we were tired of losing to Kent at home. As much as I love the MAC, BGSU comes first and always will. It isn't our fault Kent lost to Detroit and UT as well.
03-01-2008 04:50 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Falconfreak Wrote:
Airport KC Wrote:Could the Falcons be a dark horse team at the Q.

05-stirthepot

Yes...BG will be a team nobody wants to play. I like this underdog role.

Geez, I hope we are still the team nobody wants to play. 03-wink

Big congrats to BG. They played with a lot of enthusiasm, and we have no excuses, When you have a 8 ppg kid who can hit 6 of his first 8 3's, what can you say? Hats off. :ncaabbs:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Louis Orr will have this team battling at the top of the conference by '09-'10 and after. He is one of the best 3 coaches in the conference (and was the day he was hired) and will have the the talent he wants soon enough.
Great game, Falcons!
03-01-2008 05:09 PM
Pulltown Falcon Offline
1st String

I Root For:
FlashFan Wrote:Congratluations to BG. They just outplayed us. I think the Falsons will be a force in the MAC next year. Just don't wait until the last friggin' game of the season to show up...as you did with Miami last year and us today.

Well, you got one thing right - we outplayed Kent yesterday.

But we did not wait until the last game of the season to show up. We also beat OU back on January 5 and Miami on January 23. This squad needs to learn how to win conference games on the road.
03-02-2008 08:02 PM
Advertisement

DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
This will probably piss off BG fans, but you have really overachieved thanks to a great coaching job by Orr and that ridiculous facility you play in. However, you will not shoot the ball as well from the perimeter and you will not get the advantage of bad officiating(caused by the fact that there is not enough room at BG for refs to actually get in the proper positions and they often have to guess based on crowd reactions). BG teams have been overrated by their own fans for years because they think their team is really good based on what they see in that gym but they simply are never anywhere near that good playing away from Anderson. That has been true for the 40 years I have been watching MAC basketball, and I certainly think it is true of this years team. While I think there are some teams which will not earn a seed which could make a run in Cleveland, I don't see Bowling Green being one of those teams...Maybe when you get that beautiful new facility built.
03-03-2008 12:43 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
DICK Wrote:This will probably piss off BG fans, but you have really overachieved thanks to a great coaching job by Orr and that ridiculous facility you play in. However, you will not shoot the ball as well from the perimeter and you will not get the advantage of bad officiating(caused by the fact that there is not enough room at BG for refs to actually get in the proper positions and they often have to guess based on crowd reactions). BG teams have been overrated by their own fans for years because they think their team is really good based on what they see in that gym but they simply are never anywhere near that good playing away from Anderson. That has been true for the 40 years I have been watching MAC basketball, and I certainly think it is true of this years team. While I think there are some teams which will not earn a seed which could make a run in Cleveland, I don't see Bowling Green being one of those teams...Maybe when you get that beautiful new facility built.

Wow. I'm a UT fan and even I think that's silly. Refs guess based on crowd noise? Everybody knows that MAC refs guess based on a random table of numbers they receive in a sealed envelope before each game.

Anderson is a hole but there have been plenty of BG teams that won on the road- Dakich, not anderson Arena, ran the program into the ground. And BG certainly isn't alone in terms of playing worse on the road. Its true of every MAC team- witness Kent's loss to UT on the road as well. We have plenty of room for the refs- when the ushers move Ranger out of their way. 03-wink
03-03-2008 07:11 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
DICK Wrote:This will probably piss off BG fans, but you have really overachieved thanks to a great coaching job by Orr and that ridiculous facility you play in. However, you will not shoot the ball as well from the perimeter and you will not get the advantage of bad officiating(caused by the fact that there is not enough room at BG for refs to actually get in the proper positions and they often have to guess based on crowd reactions). BG teams have been overrated by their own fans for years because they think their team is really good based on what they see in that gym but they simply are never anywhere near that good playing away from Anderson. That has been true for the 40 years I have been watching MAC basketball, and I certainly think it is true of this years team. While I think there are some teams which will not earn a seed which could make a run in Cleveland, I don't see Bowling Green being one of those teams...Maybe when you get that beautiful new facility built.

Boy, you started out fine with the overachieving part and then you turned into a bitter fan who's team just lost.

Suck it up and move on buddy.
03-03-2008 08:16 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

Dick is a long-time Miami fan.
03-03-2008 09:28 AM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

Crappies
I do not know who this DICK is, but he has rocks in his head. I was at the BG game and there was nothing wrong with the officiating. I can complain about officiating with the best of them, but I know being outplayed when I see it. That Orr can did a masterful job with his team. I am not sure about our coach. He said that he gave our players the defensive adjustment and they did not respond. That does not sound very good to me. DICK just needs a little Basketball 101. 05-stirthepot
03-03-2008 10:36 AM
Advertisement

BGSUalum1987 Offline
Noah's Dad

I Root For: BGSU!
H2Oville Rocket Wrote:Wow. I'm a UT fan and even I think that's silly.

Good litmus test! 02-13-banana
03-03-2008 11:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rightupinthere Offline
Mercenary of Churlishness

I Root For: BG 1st; MAC 2nd
I wonder if there is truly any doubt around Coach of the Year.
03-03-2008 11:46 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I doubt it: Christian.
03-03-2008 11:52 AM
Gooch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio University
Orr is coach of the year, hands down.
03-03-2008 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.