Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Are Big East Fans welcome on this Board?
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE
Are Big East Fans welcome on this Board?
I am not a moderator. I have no power on this board. I simply state my opinions. I have nothing against against C-USA or their premier team Memphis. They are a phenomenal basketball team. Unfortunately they are not members of the Big East and if I want to know what is going on with them I can go to the front page of Rivals, Scout, ESPN, Fox, etc and they will be there. They have a very ordinary football program that is not even BCS ordinary. I'm not really interested in them. I spend a lot of time on the sports boards but when I want info about my team and my conference...I rely on this board. I don't go to the C-USA board to find out about UofL. I come here. I want the info and opinions of fans from my conference. So why should I be just giddy all over to read post that have nothing to do with my team or conference? Not just the memphis basketball post, but almost every post on here has multiple comments from C-USA fans. I don't hate them, I don't wish them ill, I just want them to not dominate the Big East board because the fans here who love them one minute then turn around and make us suffer through a lot of arguments about trolling and go back to your board. If that is petty...so be it. I'm the king of petty. I'm just asking C-USA fans please make yourselves less visable in here.
02-14-2008 06:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Are Big East Fans welcome on this Board?
Oh, I don't know. They're kind of fun to mess with. 07-coffee3
02-14-2008 06:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
well card unfortunately as long as USF is in the Big East we wont be rid of ucf fans. they tell us they dont care if we dont play them again, that they are happy in cusa but as we all know they cant stay away from anything USF related on this board
02-14-2008 06:48 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
They don't bother me as long as they are somewhat respectful...board has been kinda slow. We just need to start some more topics.
02-14-2008 07:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
I agree with Cardtopper
02-14-2008 07:21 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
Most (not all) of them (UCF, Memphis) think they are auditioning for membership in the Big East Conference, as if this board has any say in the matter. Not to mention I don't think I have seen any news about a split or expansion recently.

So they feel the need to keep us informed on the goings on at their schools.
02-14-2008 07:32 PM
Advertisement

Crimsonelf Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardinals
I don't have any problem with them, or visitors from any other conference. The board has been kinda slow, and I look at it like this: I could be cleaning, or washing dishes, or some other tedious chore -or- I could be on here talking sports and other stuff. And it doesn't matter to me who it's with. The choice is a pretty easy one to make in my mind. 04-cheers
02-14-2008 08:03 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
This is an internet message board. Not Augusta National.
02-14-2008 08:37 PM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
TexanMark Wrote:They don't bother me as long as they are somewhat respectful...board has been kinda slow. We just need to start some more topics.

Just a reminder; there is now a Big East off-topic board too:

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=637
02-14-2008 09:11 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
I say as long as they are not trolling, I welcome them here! 04-cheers
02-14-2008 10:36 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Put them on ignore if you don't like them. I'm not going to delete posts just because they are from a fan of a C-USA school. If they are being disrespectful, or just trolling, that is one thing, but if they are just giving an opinion then there is no problem.
02-14-2008 11:10 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
No problem with them. Its good to hear other schools' opinions. Otherwise, we are talking in a vacuum and can get boring too.
02-15-2008 12:51 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
cardtopper Wrote:I am not a moderator. I have no power on this board. I simply state my opinions. I have nothing against against C-USA or their premier team Memphis. They are a phenomenal basketball team. Unfortunately they are not members of the Big East and if I want to know what is going on with them I can go to the front page of Rivals, Scout, ESPN, Fox, etc and they will be there. They have a very ordinary football program that is not even BCS ordinary. I'm not really interested in them. I spend a lot of time on the sports boards but when I want info about my team and my conference...I rely on this board. I don't go to the C-USA board to find out about UofL. I come here. I want the info and opinions of fans from my conference. So why should I be just giddy all over to read post that have nothing to do with my team or conference? Not just the memphis basketball post, but almost every post on here has multiple comments from C-USA fans. I don't hate them, I don't wish them ill, I just want them to not dominate the Big East board because the fans here who love them one minute then turn around and make us suffer through a lot of arguments about trolling and go back to your board. If that is petty...so be it. I'm the king of petty. I'm just asking C-USA fans please make yourselves less visable in here.

(1) Nice try, but from your posts in the past, it is easily seen that you are adamantly against the addition of Memphis. This plea for censorship reflects your concern over the growing acceptance here of Memphis.

(2) Can't blame C-USA fans for coming here when their schools are being discussed daily.

(3) Some BE fans DO post on the C-USA and Memphis boards
02-15-2008 09:37 AM
Orange Eagles Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
Thanks for the message, Card! I couldn't agree more! I've often thought about not posting here anymore because I get tired of hearing fans of UCF and Memphis interject. I've even seen fans of these schools update us on how their teams are doing...as if we care!? I sometimes find myself wondering if I am even on the right board.
02-15-2008 10:27 AM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
Well, I would like to welcome everyone to this board (and to all the boards).

Unless you are being a pest and not adding to a discussion, I see no problem with everyone being allowed to voice an opinion.

Everyone understands that this is a Big East Board. Most discussions should have something to do with the Big East or a Big East school.

That understood, general basketball (football) discussions should be welcomed from time to time.

If something is impacting college sports, it should be fair game for discussion.

Finally, during the summer most of these board really die. We pick almost any topics to keep them going (even an occasional "expansion" thread or what if? thread.)

It's fun!
02-15-2008 11:05 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Orange Eagles Wrote:I've often thought about not posting here anymore because I get tired of hearing fans of UCF and Memphis interject.

[Image: crybaby.jpg]
02-15-2008 12:10 PM
Advertisement

usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
3601 Wrote:This is an internet message board. Not Augusta National.

I think that's a valid point (although both the pictures of the antique cheerleaders and the baby crying are creeping me out). At the end of the day, it's not really fair to rip a message board for its lack of content unless you're willing to post more content to your own liking.

I do get tired, though, of watching every thread that mentions USF get hijacked by UCF fans and nothing getting done about it. For that reason, I think a USF fan should be a moderator on this board.

(cue the baby crying picture again...)

USFFan
02-15-2008 03:28 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

What's wrong with the cheerleaders?
02-15-2008 04:23 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
3601 Wrote:What's wrong with the cheerleaders?

They look like they're in their mid-30's. That second one from the right looks like she's Jane Fonda, and I mean the Jane Fonda who dropped the "c" word on NBC yesterday.

I know you guys have talent at Memphis, but that picture's not your top shelf stuff...

USFFan
02-15-2008 04:27 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
The cheerleaders are awesome circa late 70's early 80's. Those that are too young to remember missed some fine ladies when the Louisville and Memphis Dance teams took the floor. Sometimes the dance competition was as heated as the basketball games...
Any pics of the Memphis Dance Team from that era?
CJ
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2008 04:39 PM by CardinalJim.)
02-15-2008 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.