Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Apparently, the Calipari-Pitino feud was overblown too
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Apparently, the Calipari-Pitino feud was overblown too
All of this Cardinal-Tiger friendliness kinds of turns my stomach...

http://www.thememphisedge.com/2008/02/13...-in-hoops/
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2008 06:47 PM by 3601.)
02-13-2008 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

PetestheShizzle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
RE: Apparently, the Calipari-Pitino feud was overblown too
If it makes you feel any better, as a Cardinal fan, I don't like Memphis 04-cheers
02-13-2008 06:56 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
PetestheShizzle Wrote:If it makes you feel any better, as a Cardinal fan, I don't like Memphis 04-cheers

That's more like it. The feeling is very mutual.
02-13-2008 08:23 PM
Advertisement

CardFANATIC Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL, Neb,OM, EWU
What about an annual neutral court game in Nashville? That might be interesting.
02-13-2008 10:15 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
CardFANATIC Wrote:What about an annual neutral court game in Nashville? That might be interesting.

I saw that mentioned on a Louisville board. Until the last couple years IU and UK played in Freedom Hall and Indy in rotating seasons, and split tickets 50/50. It was always interesting on TV to see an entire arena split in half between blue and red. The colors would be the same here. Nashville roughly splits the difference between the schools, it could be fun.
02-13-2008 10:23 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
I always thought the Pitino/Calipari thing was a rivalry/competitive thing and not a hate thing. Similar to the Duke/North Carolina rivalry.
02-13-2008 10:36 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
CatsClaw Wrote:I always thought the Pitino/Calipari thing was a rivalry/competitive thing and not a hate thing. Similar to the Duke/North Carolina rivalry.

I am in the minority among Tiger fans, but personally, Louisville is also mostly a "rivalry/competitive" thing with me. My hatred is reserved for the SEC and the few former UL, UC and USF fans who became arrogantly disrespectful of Memphis after their school was fortunate enough to obtain full BCS status. "Movin on up" is great, but forgetting your humble origins is shallow.
02-14-2008 10:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

MHSCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville/ND
I miss hating Memphis as much as I used to. I wish they would play but I understand why that game troubles coaches.
I wish Memphis had come instead of DePaul. I nothing DePaul. I would rather hate Memphis than nothing DePaul.
02-14-2008 07:31 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Gray Avenger Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:I always thought the Pitino/Calipari thing was a rivalry/competitive thing and not a hate thing. Similar to the Duke/North Carolina rivalry.

I am in the minority among Tiger fans, but personally, Louisville is also mostly a "rivalry/competitive" thing with me. My hatred is reserved for the SEC and the few former UL, UC and USF fans who became arrogantly disrespectful of Memphis after their school was fortunate enough to obtain full BCS status. "Movin on up" is great, but forgetting your humble origins is shallow.

I can respect that. I was hoping that UC and Memphis would hook up in football. I miss playing Memphis in conference play.
02-14-2008 07:33 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
CatsClaw Wrote:
Gray Avenger Wrote:

I can respect that. I was hoping that UC and Memphis would hook up in football. I miss playing Memphis in conference play.

i would like to see us drop the SEC teams we play (Tennessee, Mississippi, Miss State) and start a home-home series with Louisville and Cincy.

of course, i would prefer to see them as conference games...

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
02-15-2008 02:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.