Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WOW!!!!!
mmucha Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
WOW!!!!!
from the stater:

Former Kent State men's basketball player Demetric Shaw set an International Basketball Federation record for points in a game last month.

Playing in the Liga Nacional de Baloncesto of Mexico, Shaw scored 74 points on 26-of-37 shooting in 34 minutes. He set LNBP records for points, field goals and 3-pointers (13) in a game.

"(I) wanted the Flashes to be first notified, as I am a proud representative of the Blue and Gold," Shaw said in an e-mail.

Shaw leads the LNBP in scoring with 34 points per game. He said via e-mail that this league is the seventh international league he has led in scoring.

"I feel so honored to do anything that could make ... my school and my family proud," Shaw said in his e-mail. "I want the hype of it all to reach KSU, not only TV and news in Central and South America."

In a three-year career at Kent State, Shaw was named Mid-American Conference Defensive Player of the Year twice. He ranks eighth in Kent State history with 577 career rebounds.

Shaw was one of four senior captains on the Kent State Elite Eight team during the 2001-02 season. He averaged 7.3 points and 5.4 rebounds per game that season and had 21 points and six rebounds in the Flashes' victory over Oklahoma State in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Shaw's No. 10 Kent State jersey was retired Feb. 3, 2003, along with the three other seniors from the 2001-02 season's team.
02-13-2008 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
RE: WOW!!!!!
OLE!
02-13-2008 02:48 PM
goflashes04 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KSU
Great to hear he's doing well

Probably one of the better defenders i've seen play the game in a long time

hats off to d-shaw
02-13-2008 03:07 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
And he didn't even have to score much for us. His role was defense. Those were the days. Hope we can come close to repeating this year.
02-13-2008 03:11 PM
Advertisement

ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Andrew Mitchell, D Shaw & Trevor Huffman. Gonna have to be a very special player to come along to break into my all time 3 favorite flashes.

Shaw's defensive intensity used to literally scare the crap out of the opposing team! Oh the memories.
02-13-2008 05:44 PM
KSUDan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
We've had a lot of good players, but Shaw was always my favorite.
02-14-2008 12:18 AM
T-HUFF24 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kent State
One of the greatest defensive players in the history of the Mid American Conference. Congratulations to him!
02-14-2008 10:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.