Florida
FSU
LSU
Other schools
South Carolina
Tech
Tennessee
UGA
M.L. King receiver Daniel McKayhan appeared destined to become a Memphis Tiger, until Georgia Tech arrived on the scene on Thursday and extended a scholarship offer.

Less than one day later, McKayhan committed to the Jackets.

“I was leaning toward Memphis,” he said. “But they were trying to get me to play cornerback. And I didn’t want to.”

It didn’t take long for McKayhan to buy into new Tech coach Paul Johnson’s philosophy.

“I think we’ll win ball games,” he said. “Coach Johnson has a plan. I’ll play wide receiver, in the slot and return punts. I’ll go out on the football field and do whatever is best for the team.”

McKayhan, who plans to major in biology at Tech, hopes to one day become a pediatric dentist. He signs his letter of intent at 10:30 a.m. today.

Permalink | Comments (7) | Post your comment | Categories: Tech

Comments
By hiveredtech

February 6, 2008 6:55 AM | Link to this

Jeff…thanks for the update on DJ.

By White and Gold

February 6, 2008 7:18 AM | Link to this

The top three reasons you chose to go to gt. (3) Memphis’s academics are tougher. At gt you can major in IM like most of the FB players do. (2) You will get more playing time at gt. (1) You can help contribute to gt’s tradition of quality loses and enjoy the annual trek to the Humiliation Bowl.

By Max Sizemore

February 6, 2008 7:34 AM | Link to this

You folks at Georgia Tech had a major college program winning 7-8 games a year. But you weren’t happy with that. Now you can see that you are turning into a mid-major, signing players that no BCS school wants. So now you are going to have Navy’s team. Problem is, you don’t have Navy’s schedule. Not real smart. Welcome to 4-8. And a rivalry with Duke.

By Big ED

February 6, 2008 7:38 AM | Link to this

White and Gold sounds like a barking dawg to me. He should be proud that TECH does so much with so little. UGA has the worlds best recruits and has to depend on luck just to beat teams like TECH, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky. Such a sad group of fans deserves to be called dawgs.

By GT Man

February 6, 2008 8:30 AM | Link to this

Dawg Fans,

See you on the field in November. Your predictions and insults directed at GT and our high school recruits mean nothing. Only the next game matters.

Cheers!

By BUZZ

February 6, 2008 8:34 AM | Link to this

Dawgs have big mouths and when they open them, all that comes out is dribble. Lesson…..keep your big mouths SHUT ! ! !

By BUZZ

February 6, 2008 8:36 AM | Link to this

Dawgs have big mouths and when they open them, all that comes out is dribble. Lesson…..keep your big mouths SHUT ! ! !

Commenting is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F
Post a comment

Name:

E-mail*:

Remember me? YesNo

You may use the following formatting:
Bold: **this text will be bolded** = this text will be bolded
Italic: *this text will be italic* = this text will be italic
Link: [text to be linked](http://www.ajc.com) = text to be linked

Comments:

There will be a delay of up to 5 minutes before your comment appears.

*HTML not allowed in comments. Your e-mail address is required.

ajc.com Web Archives Kudzu.com

What's For Dinner?

Your supper solution, every weekday afternoon.

02-06-2008 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.