Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Johnson to Tulsa
Bookmark and Share
mawagg46 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Johnson to Tulsa
Rivals has 4* WR Damarius Johnson to Tulsa.
02-04-2008 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HHammerhead Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Football

Donators
RE: Johnson to Tulsa
WHY!?!?!?!? 03-hissyfit
02-04-2008 09:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
damn...Tommy needs to finish strong on this - Da. Johnson to Tulsa, Des. Johnson to USM, Alonzo Houston to North Texas...McGee committing to Minnesota...
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2008 09:13 PM by HoopDreams.)
02-04-2008 09:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ron Paul
Another one bites the dust....I get my hopes up every year, and every year this crap starts to happen....
02-04-2008 09:30 PM
ChattTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
it is one thing to lose recruits to BCS schools, but if we want to win in Confusa, we can't lose them to other Confusa teams.
02-04-2008 09:35 PM
Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

Look guys, I said I was going to stop hating on TW, but if we once again have one of the bottom twenty recruiting classes and a mediocre season I will not be able to stay silent....
02-04-2008 10:19 PM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I Root For: Memphis
Dak10 Wrote:Look guys, I said I was going to stop hating on TW, but if we once again have one of the bottom twenty recruiting classes and a mediocre season I will not be able to stay silent....
Memphis was 96th last year in recruiting with 23 recruits, 2.22 rating.
Memphis was 73rd in 2006 in recruiting with 17 recruits, 2.12 avg rating.

Currently they are 105th with 9 recruits, 2.22 rating. Baring some kind of miracle this may be their worst recruiting class in recent memory.
02-04-2008 10:31 PM
Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

mairving Wrote:
Dak10 Wrote:Look guys, I said I was going to stop hating on TW, but if we once again have one of the bottom twenty recruiting classes and a mediocre season I will not be able to stay silent....

Currently they are 105th with 9 recruits, 2.22 rating. Baring some kind of miracle this may be their worst recruiting class in recent memory.

That means we are one more mediocre season away from me and I'm sure many more showing some serious protest. I don't want to stand for this mediocrity....TW can have one more season, but if things don't change then I personally feel it is time. Those who don't drink blue kool-aid non stop will probably agree with me....
02-05-2008 01:35 AM
ballhog Offline
All American

Dak10 Wrote:
mairving Wrote:

That means we are one more mediocre season away from me and I'm sure many more showing some serious protest. I don't want to stand for this mediocrity....TW can have one more season, but if things don't change then I personally feel it is time. Those who don't drink blue kool-aid non stop will probably agree with me....

I don't drink the blue kool-aid, and I completely disagree with you. With so few scholarships available I was expecting a low rating this year. I'm very encouraged by our class that has already committed.

I'm glad Tommy has started tapping the JuCos a little more. I have wondered why we didn't go after some of the top junior college players in the past. It's tough to get a top-notch high school recruit away from a BCS school especially if you're located right in the middle of SEC country. JuCo players on the other hand are looking to start immediately and want to go anywhere they can do that.

And, we've signed some good high school players on top of that with the possibility of some more coming.

I'm much more excited this year than I have been the last couple. Let this class play out before you make a judgement on it.
02-05-2008 09:21 AM
Mortiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
HoopDreams Wrote:damn...Tommy needs to finish strong on this - Da. Johnson to Tulsa, Des. Johnson to USM, Alonzo Houston to North Texas...McGee committing to Minnesota...

We didn't offer Des. johnson or Alonzo Horton. Da johnson is a fast WR but Hightower and Rod Davis are just as fast and alot bigger. We can only sign so many you are not going to get them all. If we finish tonight and tomorrow with the correct ones it will be a great year. Just wait and see the 20 or so we sign tomorrow.
02-05-2008 09:45 AM
Mortiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
HoopDreams Wrote:damn...Tommy needs to finish strong on this - Da. Johnson to Tulsa, Des. Johnson to USM, Alonzo Houston to North Texas...McGee committing to Minnesota...

We didn't offer Des. johnson or Alonzo Horton. Da johnson is a fast WR but Hightower and Rod Davis are just as fast and alot bigger. We can only sign so many you are not going to get them all. If we finish tonight and tomorrow with the correct ones it will be a great year. Just wait and see the 20 or so we sign tomorrow.
02-05-2008 09:58 AM
Advertisement

gdayre Offline
All American

I Root For:
Thanks Mortiger for the info. I am one who trust what you have to say. You seem to be fair and honest with your opinion about recruiting. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again for the information you provide for us.
02-05-2008 10:30 AM
UOFMGLENN Offline
The Grand Wazoo

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Mortiger Wrote:

Thanks Mortiger, Historically you are always on the money.
02-05-2008 10:32 AM
FatCat Offline
1st String

Memphis Hall of FameMemphis Hall of Fame
Mortiger, any chance we turn Tank Wright from Arkansas and Antonio Harper from Miami? I think we have a better shot at Wright.

Am I reading too much into USF's commitment of a QB other than BJ Daniels? I think that bodes well for us.

I'll be interested to see our final average ranking per player, not so much the total number. Our reduced scholarship numbers this year will keep the total number down.
02-05-2008 10:40 AM
Mortiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
FatCat Wrote:Mortiger, any chance we turn Tank Wright from Arkansas and Antonio Harper from Miami? I think we have a better shot at Wright.

Am I reading too much into USF's commitment of a QB other than BJ Daniels? I think that bodes well for us.

I'll be interested to see our final average ranking per player, not so much the total number. Our reduced scholarship numbers this year will keep the total number down.

I think Harper is going to sign with Miami but will have a hard time getting in school. Tank is still 50/50 we are just working him.
BJ is a big fish we need but who knows with these kids???
02-05-2008 10:58 AM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
Mortiger Wrote:

always calm me down...good stuff...
02-05-2008 11:01 AM
Advertisement

RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

It's not who we sign that matters so much as how those we sign perform on the field. I'm not worried about how many stars a player has beside his name...I'm more concerned with how many wins said player helps the team achieve in the future. The proof will be in the pudding and the pudding won't come out of the fridge until August. Boy, that was a terrible analogy.
02-05-2008 11:25 AM
ChattTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Mortiger Wrote:
FatCat Wrote:Mortiger, any chance we turn Tank Wright from Arkansas and Antonio Harper from Miami? I think we have a better shot at Wright.

I think Harper is going to sign with Miami but will have a hard time getting in school. Tank is still 50/50 we are just working him.
BJ is a big fish we need but who knows with these kids???

it is unlikely Harper will be ready to play this fall, regardless of where he signs and whether he has the grades. He might be the type to fall in to our laps for 2009, but I think there are some effort issues that need to be addressed first.
02-05-2008 02:34 PM
cbhstiger Offline
Phantom Mercenary

I Root For: Brewpubs
Guys trust me, the class we sign tomorrow will bring a few GOOD surprises. Have faith, just because its not looking good now doesn't mean that it won't be a good class....just wait and see.
02-05-2008 03:31 PM
TigerTodd72 Offline
1st String

cbhstiger Wrote:Guys trust me, the class we sign tomorrow will bring a few GOOD surprises. Have faith, just because its not looking good now doesn't mean that it won't be a good class....just wait and see.

Was disappointing to see Damaris Johnson fall off our list, but some very good names are still in play for the Tigers (Daniels, Wright, McGee, Rucker, Poe).
02-05-2008 04:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.