Open TigerLinks

Interesting little Tyreke tidbit
Bookmark and Share
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I Root For: Memphis
Interesting little Tyreke tidbit
I found this last night.

Quote:So Memphis' John Calipari and Louisville's Rick Pitino remain Evans' hottest pursuers, and neither is accustomed to losing this kind of race. But Wright and Villanova are still recruiting Evans, too, still interested in the 6-foot-5 shooting guard with the supple game. Deep down, Wright and his coaches don't believe he'll choose Villanova, a source at the university said recently. Nevertheless, the reasoning goes, there's a benefit for Wright in staying in the hunt until the end, even if Evans decides to go elsewhere.
So it looks like Nova is out of the Evans sweepstakes. Down to just us and Louisville.
02-01-2008 09:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
RE: Interesting little Tyreke tidbit
We must have really impressed him this season. Nova was his leading school coming into the season. I predict we beat UT, he commits the next day. I base that prediction on the fact he'll be at the game, and nothing else.
02-01-2008 09:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

MemphisCanes Wrote:We must have really impressed him this season. Nova was his leading school coming into the season. I predict we beat UT, he commits the next day. I base that prediction on the fact he'll be at the game, and nothing else.
I doubt that he commits next day. Since he is a one-and-done player, he will most likely wait to see what our guards are planning to do. If Rose and CDR leave he is a shoo-in. If CDR stays he might think twice. If for some unknown reason both stay he will probably commit to Louisville.
02-01-2008 10:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

That_Guy Offline
2nd String

MemphisCanes Wrote:We must have really impressed him this season. Nova was his leading school coming into the season. I predict we beat UT, he commits the next day. I base that prediction on the fact he'll be at the game, and nothing else.

I mentioned the same thing to someone the other day.... I think win or lose (which we'll win anyways), he'll commit to us within the week. If he comes down to that game and sees all the excitement and hype around the program, especially with Gameday being here making it an all day event, it would be hard to see how he wouldn't commit to us.

Personally, I feel he put off his visit here this late to get a better feel about what Rose, CDR, etc. would be doing next year. If it looks like 1 or both are gone, i see him in blue next year.

It's getting kinda amusing, but I could see us have a 1-and-done guard for the following 2 years, in addition to this year.
02-01-2008 10:31 AM
DRose23 Offline
Banned

CDR's stock is risin' fast. his latest performance, in an NBA city at that, was a sure sign that he's gonna be testin' the waters./ If we win it all as we should, then he's gone. But let's be real here. We're sittin' in the best possible position that any school could be in.

A)If we win it all and Rose and CDR both leave.....we land the nation's premier guard.

B)If we lose in the Final Four and Rose leaves but CDR stays......we may lose Reke but gain another year of CDR which might be better than havin' just 1 year of Reke.

C)If we slip up and lose early in the tournament and Rose has a bad showin' and comes back for another year (doubtful)........we get Rose and possibly CDR for another year but lose out on Reke.

Either way, we're in a great position!
02-01-2008 03:50 PM
Advertisement

TIGERSCAPER Offline
2nd String

Dont forget we have willy, who already took us to an elite 8 as a freshman
02-01-2008 04:02 PM
Felonious Offline
Formerly known as D20

mairving Wrote:
I doubt that he commits next day. Since he is a one-and-done player, he will most likely wait to see what our guards are planning to do. If Rose and CDR leave he is a shoo-in. If CDR stays he might think twice. If for some unknown reason both stay he will probably commit to Louisville.

Actually, his brother has been quoted as saying Tyreke wants to enjoy college and that he's not necessarily a one-and-done. But we've all heard that one before.
02-01-2008 04:17 PM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I found this story today.

Here is what his coach said about him.

Quote:"He'll visit Memphis in February and he'll make his decision in April," American Christian coach Tony Bergeron said a week ago in Newark when his team beat the St. Benedict's Prep team comprised mainly of fifth-year players

He will wait to after underclassmen have declared before he decides.
02-02-2008 09:57 AM
e_smith_1992 Offline
Spell Check Icon !!!

I Root For: MEMPHIS STATE !
Is Tyreke playing in one of those CUPCAKE leagues like D-Wags did in Camden or does he have some stiff competition night in/out?
02-04-2008 01:34 AM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

e_smith_1992 Wrote:Is Tyreke playing in one of those CUPCAKE leagues like D-Wags did in Camden or does he have some stiff competition night in/out?
These teams play so many other teams around the country that are good teams. The team that Evans plays for only has an enrollment of 450 but travels quite a bit. Here is a link to his latest game.

Quote:The two marquee games at the Kobe Bryant Classic Saturday at Villanova featured Tyreke Evans and American Christian against Academy of the New Church, and Rutgers-bound Mike Rosario and St. Anthony taking on Rancocas Valley.

The 6-6 Evans scored eight of his team's final 11 points and finished with a game-high 33 points as American Christian, No. 4 in the National Prep Poll, fended off ANC, 78-71. Evans added 12 rebounds, 4 blocks and 2 steals to earn game MVP honors.
02-04-2008 09:16 AM
MM4Memphis Offline
All American

MemphisCanes Wrote:We must have really impressed him this season. Nova was his leading school coming into the season.

3 words: World Wide Wes
02-04-2008 12:20 PM
Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

MM4Memphis Wrote:
MemphisCanes Wrote:We must have really impressed him this season. Nova was his leading school coming into the season.

3 words: World Wide Wes

I saw him sitting behind the bench Saturday. He must have more than 1 of those blue suits. Or he was wearing the same one. LOL

[Image: GQfeature9v.jpg]
02-04-2008 06:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.