Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Bass Pro wants yet another LOI. Ericson ready to play ball
Bookmark and Share
DRose23 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
Bass Pro wants yet another LOI. Ericson ready to play ball
Sounds to me that they know Ericson's plan is much more appealing. This is all why they offered the bus trip to begin with. To bribe the council and it doesn't sound like they're biting (pardon the pun) this time.03-lmfao

Go Ericson.04-rock Bye bye BPS.03-lol:dirtyvegas:

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=7743186
01-18-2008 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerkeep Offline
Blue Poobah

I Root For: memphis tigers
RE: Bass Pro wants yet another LOI. Ericson ready to play ball
time for bass pro shop to fish or cut bait. i had highschool girlfriends who werent this coy.
01-18-2008 05:50 PM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
tigerkeep Wrote:time for bass pro shop to fish or cut bait. i had highschool girlfriends who werent this coy.

So did I, but it wasn't nearly as irritating.
01-18-2008 06:01 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies
Did Bass Pro ever get around to starting their project in Buffalo? The one they've been talking about for what, five years now?
01-18-2008 07:01 PM
Advertisement

slktigers Offline
Alumni and Vintage Tiger Fan

Whoever gets the pyramid still needs to plant a huge fish on the pyramidion.

The correct name or terminology for the top of a pyramid is the pyramidion.
Quite often this capstone,which was the final stone to be set in place before the outer casing of the pyramid was set in place and highly polished, was covered in electrum (a mixture if silver and gold) or it was actually plated in gold in some instances.
The pyramidion of the Great Pyramid at the Giza complex was located in recent years by Dr Zahi Hawass quite near the actual pyramid itself.

It is thought it may have dislodged in antiquity during one of the several earthquakes that the pyramids have withstood over the past 4.500 years approx. There is evidence of seismic damage in the Kings Chamber of the Great Pyramid where all of the pink granite stones of the chambers walls are cracked.

All pyramids had a pyramidion and the later pyramids of the Middle Kingdom were little more than a pyramidion set on top of a temple or funerary building where the mummified remains of the pharaoh or other personage of rank or status was laid to their eternal rest.
01-18-2008 09:03 PM
72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Tear the stupid thing down, sell the metal for scrap, and give the University back it's money that was wasted on it.
01-18-2008 09:16 PM
ChattTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
BPS can't even spring for a chartered jet to take the council/commission to Springfield? And we are supposed to take them seriously?
01-19-2008 08:53 AM
Advertisement

MetroChamp Offline
2nd String

I hate it that BPS is screwing around like this. They obviously have the best idea and they know that they have the upperhand. The Pyramid themepark idea is foolish. It wouldn't be successful long term.

Sure all of the buildings that they'd build look great, but the fact is those are just drawings. I bet they'd have to scale back everything and make cuts until it's just some halfa__ed job that nobody cares about. I just can't imagine that it would really be as much as a destination as a Bass Pro Megastore (which is more than just a store). Ideally I'd like to see Bass Pro work with that Ericson guy and try to use some of the legitimate ideas that he has and make that whole area useful.
01-19-2008 09:38 AM
wkid87 Offline
1st String

MetroChamp Wrote:I hate it that BPS is screwing around like this. They obviously have the best idea and they know that they have the upperhand. The Pyramid themepark idea is foolish. It wouldn't be successful long term.

Why not the themepark idea? The closest theme park is located in Hot Spring, plus it will be open year around. If it is done right, I think it will be a major success.
01-19-2008 12:25 PM
DRose23 Offline
Banned

wkid87 Wrote:
MetroChamp Wrote:I hate it that BPS is screwing around like this. They obviously have the best idea and they know that they have the upperhand. The Pyramid themepark idea is foolish. It wouldn't be successful long term.

Why not the themepark idea? The closest theme park is located in Hot Spring, plus it will be open year around. If it is done right, I think it will be a major success.

By George, I think he's got it.04-bow
01-19-2008 12:48 PM
Advertisement

slktigers Offline
Alumni and Vintage Tiger Fan

wkid87 Wrote:

Perhaps a little more successful than the Fairgrounds Amusement Park, Libertyland or Jillians? All these places were eventually run over by vagrants. I think there may be some local interest, but one wouldn't expect to draw out of towners from the already saturated market of amusement parks. I don't think we'll be able to compete with Six Flags, Silver Dollar City, Disneyworld, etc..
01-19-2008 12:51 PM
UOFMGLENN Offline
The Grand Wazoo

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Bass Pro hasn't even moved on their planned store for Buffalo which was announced in 2004. They seem to be asking for more and then some more, etc. financial help from the local governments. After four years there they are still making promises.
01-19-2008 01:26 PM
Greysmith Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I think there is more to this story than we are being told.

One of the most respected posters on this board referred to a conversation he had at a local watering hole with a Bass Pro exec in town for negotiations. He said the exec mentioned that the folks at Bass Pro were stunned at how many of our politicians had their hands out.

When it comes to corruption, New Orleans has nothing on Memphis.

BTW, I'm for the other plan, but if our politicians get in the way again, that plan might not happen either. (Then again, maybe enough of them are in prison now that things have changed a little bit.)
01-19-2008 01:56 PM
Advertisement

DRose23 Offline
Banned

Greysmith Wrote:I think there is more to this story than we are being told.

One of the most respected posters on this board referred to a conversation he had at a local watering hole with a Bass Pro exec in town for negotiations. He said the exec mentioned that the folks at Bass Pro were stunned at how many of our politicians had their hands out.

When it comes to corruption, New Orleans has nothing on Memphis.

BTW, I'm for the other plan, but if our politicians get in the way again, that plan might not happen either. (Then again, maybe enough of them are in prison now that things have changed a little bit.)

Don't believe everything you read on a message board. Besides, if Ericson does prove to the city council that Pyramid Harbor can be funded come Tuesday as he promises, then I don't see them turnin' it down in favor of BPS and their continuous excuses for delayin' the deal.

Also, Ericson has said that he can have the construction in place to begin within the next 6 months.
01-19-2008 07:28 PM
eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

I Root For: Throat Punches
Did BPS sign the letter today?
02-01-2008 12:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.