Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

When is Ron Paul going to drop out?
ETSUfan1 Online
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
When is Ron Paul going to drop out?
He keeps getting this question. I would ask, when are Fred Thompson and Rudy gonna drop out? Ron beat Rudy in Iowa, Fred in NH, and both of them in Michigan. Why do Rudy and Fred get a free pass on this question?
01-16-2008 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: When is Ron Paul going to drop out?
ETSUfan1 Wrote:He keeps getting this question. I would ask, when are Fred Thompson and Rudy gonna drop out? Ron beat Rudy in Iowa, Fred in NH, and both of them in Michigan. Why do Rudy and Fred get a free pass on this question?

Did Thompson ever start running? All I've seen him do is take a slice of the social conservatives from Huckabee with a bunch of negative rhetoric. Rudy, he's an idiot he thinks he can win the nomination by running in only the 25 largest states. I think he's in for a big surprise.
01-16-2008 05:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
I think it is probably quite safe to venture that Fred Thompson will be dropping out of the campaign sometime in the very near future. He has been beaten worse than a baldheaded stepchild in every primary including South Carolina which, honestly, is the only state where he even bothered trying to make a somewhat serious effort.

But, what the heck, he can always return to his old job on "Law & Order" complete with a "straight from today's headlines" episode about how he was away running for political office, got screwed over by the system, and has now rededicated himself to his "real roots" of throwing street criminal scumbags into jail where they belong.
01-20-2008 01:55 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
ETSUfan1 Wrote:He keeps getting this question. I would ask, when are Fred Thompson and Rudy gonna drop out? Ron beat Rudy in Iowa, Fred in NH, and both of them in Michigan. Why do Rudy and Fred get a free pass on this question?

I agree...

All 3 should drop out. I am sure Fred will, Rudy will if he doesn't win FL and/or NY. Paul will never drop out.
01-20-2008 02:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Krocker Krapp Wrote:I think it is probably quite safe to venture that Fred Thompson will be dropping out of the campaign sometime in the very near future. He has been beaten worse than a baldheaded stepchild in every primary including South Carolina which, honestly, is the only state where he even bothered trying to make a somewhat serious effort.

But, what the heck, he can always return to his old job on "Law & Order" complete with a "straight from today's headlines" episode about how he was away running for political office, got screwed over by the system, and has now rededicated himself to his "real roots" of throwing street criminal scumbags into jail where they belong.

The thing Thompson entered the race as the potential frontrunner had he put any effort in from the time he entered in September till yesterday, he would have easily won South Carolina and maybe Iowa. Instead he trashed Huckabee likely costing him South Carolina and only finished 3rd for his effort. Thompson never really wanted to run playing the reluctant candidate will only take you so far.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2008 02:40 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
01-20-2008 02:13 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Thompson...Over before he started.
Gouliani......Over after Fla....Is running out of cash.
Hucky........Running out of $$$ and Bible thumpers.
McCain....In for the long haul...and the likely winner.
Romney...With magic underwear and lots of $$..In until he gives up.
Paul......Still has $$...and will be there at the convention.
01-20-2008 09:18 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Giuliani will probably make it into February. It all depends on how close the Florida primary results turn out. A win there gives him a small bounce and he probably ends up winning somewhere on Super Tuesday to pick up another lifeline. Losing in Florida, but keeping the margin close, will still send him into Super Tuesday hoping to snag a win somewhere. Getting destroyed in Florida will make him look completely foolish and, although he would still hang on through Super Tuesday, the end would certainly be near his bizarro campaign.
01-21-2008 08:45 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
Paul's bucking for a speaking offer at the convention at this point.
01-22-2008 12:35 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Yep. On the afternoon of Tuesday, January 22, Fred Thompson calls it quits. Bye.
01-22-2008 04:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.