Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Cal on playing SEC teams
Bookmark and Share
TigerCT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Cal on playing SEC teams
This is one of my favorite things I have ever heard Cal say. On last nights radio show, he said, I will play any SEC team home and home if they come out in public and support the Tigers becoming a member of the SEC when a spot opens. He continued by saying they reap all the benefits in playing us. We can continue to schedule the Big East and would like to add some Big 10 schools. Untill we receive support from the area SEC schools, he will continue to try to look elsewhere in building his schedule.
01-15-2008 06:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
RE: Cal on playing SEC teams
TigerCT Wrote:This is one of my favorite things I have ever heard Cal say. On last nights radio show, he said, I will play any SEC team home and home if they come out in public and support the Tigers becoming a member of the SEC when a spot opens. He continued by saying they reap all the benefits in playing us. We can continue to schedule the Big East and would like to add some Big 10 schools. Untill we receive support from the area SEC schools, he will continue to try to look elsewhere in building his schedule.

I love the guy, and I'm not even gay.
01-15-2008 06:29 AM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
georgiatiger Wrote:
TigerCT Wrote:This is one of my favorite things I have ever heard Cal say. On last nights radio show, he said, I will play any SEC team home and home if they come out in public and support the Tigers becoming a member of the SEC when a spot opens. He continued by saying they reap all the benefits in playing us. We can continue to schedule the Big East and would like to add some Big 10 schools. Untill we receive support from the area SEC schools, he will continue to try to look elsewhere in building his schedule.

I love the guy, and I'm not even gay.

Maybe not, but you have a close friend I'm not too sure about.
01-15-2008 06:32 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

I Root For: Memphis

Donators
How 'bout a four year series with Florida? We could drop that team from Appalachia.
01-15-2008 07:10 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
Quote:We can continue to schedule the Big East and would like to add some Big 10 schools

that should be engraved over the front door of the AOB. contrary to the views of some, we dont need the $ec
01-15-2008 07:14 AM
TigerInPrisonWithALaptop Offline
Get busy living, or get busy dying.

I Root For: offensive line
tigerjeb Wrote:
Quote:We can continue to schedule the Big East and would like to add some Big 10 schools

that should be engraved over the front door of the AOB. contrary to the views of some, we dont need the $ec

As long as we can keep the shackles on Cal, they're the last thing in the world we need.
01-15-2008 07:21 AM
Advertisement

ChattTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
tigerjeb Wrote:

so why was everyone up in arms when we tried to drop the football series with Tennessee@Knoxville?
01-15-2008 07:29 AM
Derby Offline
tigris rex

DonatorsSkunkworksCrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
ChattTiger Wrote:
tigerjeb Wrote:

so why was everyone up in arms when we tried to drop the football series with Tennessee@Knoxville?
"everyone" wasn't
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2008 07:40 AM by Derby.)
01-15-2008 07:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stammers Offline
Legend

There are 2 reasons that we play $EC schools. First, we are infatuated with the UT game, which is played every 4 years. Second, we are unable (or haven't tried) to schedule other BCS teams home and home.

The football program needs to be built from the ground up. That means that even if we need the revenue from the Ole Piss and UT games; that we cut them out of the schedule anyway. There are plenty of peer programs and Sun Belt programs that make do with an inferior brand and inferior facilities and they manage to put a good product on the field and pay the bills without having to rely on their basketball programs to carry them.

If we have a few seasons where we average 30,000 fans and operate on a shoestring so be it. The coaches are very well paid and should be able to perform. Also, Tommy along with RC should also be able to perform when it comes to finding BCS programs that will play us home and home.
01-15-2008 07:45 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
TigerInPrisonWithALaptop Wrote:As long as we can keep the shackles on Cal, they're the last thing in the world we need.

I'm afraid it might be the other way around. It's Cal's world, and we're just livin' in it.
01-15-2008 07:48 AM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

Donators
bubbapt Wrote:
TigerInPrisonWithALaptop Wrote:As long as we can keep the shackles on Cal, they're the last thing in the world we need.

I'm afraid it might be the other way around. It's Cal's world, and we're just livin' in it.

Excellent point. He didn't even raise admission.
01-15-2008 07:51 AM
Advertisement

tweetmartin Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: City of Memphis
I worship Cal but we can't mess with the UT series. Our FB schedule is hard enough to get through with UT on it occasionally.

Forget the $ it brings; I like the pure excitement-the blood pumping. I mean that's why we're here right?
01-15-2008 08:06 AM
TigerInPrisonWithALaptop Offline
Get busy living, or get busy dying.

I Root For: offensive line
tweetmartin Wrote:I worship Cal but we can't mess with the UT series. Our FB schedule is hard enough to get through with UT on it occasionally.

Forget the $ it brings; I like the pure excitement-the blood pumping. I mean that's why we're here right?

JMO, but eff 'em. One thing I've learned in here is what respect is all about. They will never respect us, so eff 'em. Let's climb a different mountain.
01-15-2008 08:10 AM
Derby Offline
tigris rex

DonatorsSkunkworksCrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
tweetmartin Wrote:I worship Cal but we can't mess with the UT series. Our FB schedule is hard enough to get through with UT on it occasionally.

Well, I hear what you are saying, but I'm here because of who we are, not who we play.
01-15-2008 08:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Don't forget a filled up Liberty Bowl at $40 a pop is $2.2 mil plus parking and concessions. While a stadium of 25,000 Kroger tickets is less than $500,000.
01-15-2008 08:17 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

TigerInPrisonWithALaptop Wrote:

JMO, but eff 'em. One thing I've learned in here is what respect is all about. They will never respect us, so eff 'em. Let's climb a different mountain.

You're exactly right. Why do we have to play them every year in basketball and only every 2nd year in football? We would make the same amount of money if we could get a midrange BCS school to play us home and home every year instead of giving home games to Sun Belt teams.
01-15-2008 08:17 AM
Advertisement

tweetmartin Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: City of Memphis
I hear you guys. What game on our BBall schedule makes the season fun from here out? Really fun? C'mon. Half the fun is their disdain for us. They'll look down on us till the end of time.
What should we do pick up Troy in FB? Because that's who we'll get.

Our FB shcedule almost makes me not care. I'm serious.
01-15-2008 08:19 AM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

Donators
tweetmartin Wrote:I hear you guys. What game on our BBall schedule makes the season fun from here out? Really fun? C'mon. Half the fun is their disdain for us. They'll look down on us till the end of time.
What should we do pick up Troy in FB? Because that's who we'll get.

Our FB shcedule almost makes me not care. I'm serious.

As far as bball is concerned, we squeezed them in for a national TV game. They could have easily been replaced. We're money, and we should act like it.
01-15-2008 08:25 AM
BaylorTigerFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
I figure what ever Cal does is gonna be okay by me.
01-15-2008 08:29 AM
gdayre Offline
All American

I Root For:
I agree with Cal. F'em! We should never play a sec school again. I think we could schedule other BCS teams. I think if Tenn wants to play us in BB then they should match the FB games. If not, then cancell remaining games left. I would be thrilled never to play a sec school again. The only schools we play anyways is only Miss, Miss ST, and Tenn.
01-15-2008 08:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.