January "W" Streak?
Bookmark and Share
OrangeCamel Offline

I Root For: Campbell
January "W" Streak?
That win at Upstate will, hopefully, start a nice little run.

Next at Longwood, then home vs Gardner-Webb, Gulf Coast, and Stetson. None will be gimmes, but I think we can win them all. The team is playing well and seems to have matured.

Here's a bold statement.....I'm really starting to think this team can win the conference this year, be it reg season or tournament. We could easily be 4-0 in the conf right now against a tough stretch of opponents.

At least I think we'll get that winning season (and I didn't think that just a few days ago). They have to keep playing like they have been without any lapses, though.
01-13-2008 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

camelfan Offline
Special Teams

RE: January "W" Streak?
I agree that we are playing much better. I don't know if I will go as far as to say we might win the conference.

I think the biggest difference is that we are playing better defense and Jake has really been shooting well lately. J-Rod usually always comes ready to play but he needs some help. The rest of the team has been giving him that help and it shows up with some good wins and two very close losses against good teams.

The rest of the season will be interesting. I am looking forward to it.
01-13-2008 03:21 PM
OrangeCamel Offline

3 in a row now after beating G-W by 20. This team is really clicking on all cylinders! Keep it up and they'll have a banner to hang in the Gore!! (Re: "keep it up" - I get the feeling this team is hungry and mature enough that they will.)
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2008 09:08 AM by OrangeCamel.)
01-19-2008 09:07 AM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

I agree. I thought the win over GW was great. If we keep playing like that we have a good chance.

We just need to keep playing at that same level of intensity and win the games we should win and maybe some we might should not.

We still have a long way to go but we are going in the right direction.

I am glad to see the turnaround in the season.
01-20-2008 11:00 PM
Advertisement

andone Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Good to see some of the other players stepping up for a change. So far this team is pretty much a one trick pony. JRod needs to trust his teammates more. The down side is that there is no threat of a post game especially against the teams in the league that have one. Since Eddie figured he liked weed better than basketball he is now back home in FL and Dapo as I predicted is not the answer by a long shot. I still think they will be a middle of the league finisher.
01-22-2008 10:45 AM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

I think we can call the January W streak officially over.

Two terrible loses against two schools that we should have beaten.

I don't think I really witnessed two games. It looked more like a scrum to me. I really enjoyed our games against Garnder Webb, Lipscomb and Belmont. We played well and those teams really have some talent.

Playing Gulf Coast and Steton who are much more physical than they are talented was ugly basketball.

The Steton coach almost had a stroke. If he gets that upset when he wins I would hate to see him when he is losing.

Also guys - We have got to get Jake back in a hurry. Teams are double teaming J-Rod and all over Reggie. Someone else has to score. Junard has to shoot the ball and Perkins has to start making free throws.

Preston Dodson has been playing well with a lot of heart. Someone give the kid a scholarship. We need about three or four more that hustle as hard as he does.

Maybe we can get back on the right track in Florida. They sure did a number on us at the creek. We could have been in second place. Now we are fighting to stay out of the cellar.
01-26-2008 06:43 PM
BucsFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU & UVa
camelfan Wrote:The Steton coach almost had a stroke. If he gets that upset when he wins I would hate to see him when he is losing.
Derek Waugh is a whiny little boy!
01-26-2008 10:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.