Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for Steve Macy
Bookmark and Share
BoiseStateRules Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
Question for Steve Macy
I am appreciative that someone from the WAC offices actually visits this site and posts informative messages here from time to time. So in light of that fact (since you do) I would like to ask you a question if you don't mind....that being.....WHEN will the 2007 Western Athletic Conference's football schedule be publicly released? It is now March of 2007. Isn't the schedule always finalized by now (for the next season).

I am, of course, more interested in what Boise State's schedule will be next season (since I am a BSU fan). But I'd also like to know what the other schools in the WAC will have as their football schedule as well.

According to the Boise State website BSU's football schedule (so far) is the following:

1. Weber State Univ. - Friday August 30, 2007 - AT Boise, ID.
2. Univ. of Washington - Saturday September 8, 2007 AT Seattle, WA.
3. Univ. of Wyoming - Saturday September 15, 2007 AT Boise, ID.
4. Univ. of Southern Mississippi - Saturday Sep. 22, 2007 AT Boise, ID.
5. Univ. of Bowling Green - Saturday Sep. 29, 2007 AT Bowling Green, OH.
(Word is this game against Bowling Green may be a Thursday night game on ESPN and not a Saturday game, i.e., a VERY short week for BSU that week considering BSU will also have to travel to Bowling Green, OH)

Then there is the, as yet unknown, W.A.C. schedule which includes home games for Boise State against Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico State and San Jose State as well as road games for Boise State against Louisiana Tech, Fresno State, Hawaii and Utah State. Question is - WHEN will those Conference games take place next season. Thanks
03-03-2007 08:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stevemacy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Re: Question for Steve Macy
BoiseStateRules Wrote:I am appreciative that someone from the WAC offices actually visits this site and posts informative messages here from time to time. So in light of that fact (since you do) I would like to ask you a question if you don't mind....that being.....WHEN will the 2007 Western Athletic Conference's football schedule be publicly released? It is now March of 2007. Isn't the schedule always finalized by now (for the next season).

I am, of course, more interested in what Boise State's schedule will be next season (since I am a BSU fan). But I'd also like to know what the other schools in the WAC will have as their football schedule as well.

According to the Boise State website BSU's football schedule (so far) is the following:

1. Weber State Univ. - Friday August 30, 2007 - AT Boise, ID.
2. Univ. of Washington - Saturday September 8, 2007 AT Seattle, WA.
3. Univ. of Wyoming - Saturday September 15, 2007 AT Boise, ID.
4. Univ. of Southern Mississippi - Saturday Sep. 22, 2007 AT Boise, ID.
5. Univ. of Bowling Green - Saturday Sep. 29, 2007 AT Bowling Green, OH.
(Word is this game against Bowling Green may be a Thursday night game on ESPN and not a Saturday game, i.e., a VERY short week for BSU that week considering BSU will also have to travel to Bowling Green, OH)

Then there is the, as yet unknown, W.A.C. schedule which includes home games for Boise State against Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico State and San Jose State as well as road games for Boise State against Louisiana Tech, Fresno State, Hawaii and Utah State. Question is - WHEN will those Conference games take place next season. Thanks

As you may have read in various news reports, schools in the MAC dropped three games against WAC schools just a few weeks ago. This has caused a major problem in being able to develop the schedule.

There are several pieces at work here in how the schedule is developed. The schools make their non-conference plans first, so as to leave all available dates for them to schedule these games. Then, ESPN comes in and selects the games they want and when they want them. Finally, we fill in the blanks with the fairest possible schedule. Usually, this process is completed by mid-February, but the dropped non-conference games have complicated this issue.

I am not at liberty to go public with when the schedule will be presented to the membership, but it will be soon and will include a discussion by the membership.

Wish I could be more help and tell you exactly when, but you won't have to wait much longer. The forces at play here are completely out of the control of the WAC schools and they have been scrambling to make a good non-conference schedule for the 2007 season.
03-03-2007 10:11 AM
WAC_FAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Baseball Genius

According to this article:

Quote:Conference athletic directors are scheduled to review a proposed schedule Wednesday in Las Cruces, N.M., site of the WAC Basketball Tournament, commissioner Karl Benson confirmed yesterday.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/p...035/SPORTS

Hopefully, it will be released soon after that...
03-04-2007 01:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.