Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
LSU Wins
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
LSU Wins
I can see there's a lot of excitement here for the "National Title Game" - nobody's posted about it yet. 03-zzz

Usually when I watch a title game, I believe the winner is the best in the country. Not so this year. I have no idea who the best is, but there are a pool of probably 6 or 7 teams that are about even, and nothing LSU has done puts it ahead of any others in that group, IMHO.
01-07-2008 11:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows
RE: LSU Wins
funny thing, if they actually had a 4 team playoff the other two would have been VPI and Oklahoma
01-07-2008 11:08 PM
DBell Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Ohio State would finish 3rd or 4th in the SEC east and maybe 3rd in the SEC West. Ohio State needs to play some body in the OC games. They need to play in the SEC on the road to find out just what it is like. South Florida played Auburn and found out what it was like.
01-07-2008 11:16 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
The result is expected. Just saw a clip of ESPN Gameday and those idiots mentioned every team (including Kansas) but they did not mention WVU for a possible #1. WVU would have smoked both LSU and OSU if they played like they did against OU. Oh yeah, Corso did not mention anything about his WVU prediction. Who will call his ass out on that?
01-08-2008 01:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

templefootballfan Online
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
#3[VT] & #4[Okla] lost, Missouri, Ga, Kansas did not win thier conf. USC[stanford], WV[Pitt], Haw[Ga] have no beef. Looks like "True" national champ.
01-08-2008 04:52 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
wvucrazed Wrote:I can see there's a lot of excitement here for the "National Title Game" - nobody's posted about it yet. 03-zzz

Usually when I watch a title game, I believe the winner is the best in the country. Not so this year. I have no idea who the best is, but there are a pool of probably 6 or 7 teams that are about even, and nothing LSU has done puts it ahead of any others in that group, IMHO.
I turned it on just before the 1/2 to see if Lsu was winning .. but to be honest I wasnt all that interested. I just couldn't see Oh State staying with them...
01-08-2008 07:09 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
SF Husky Wrote:The result is expected. Just saw a clip of ESPN Gameday and those idiots mentioned every team (including Kansas) but they did not mention WVU for a possible #1. WVU would have smoked both LSU and OSU if they played like they did against OU. Oh yeah, Corso did not mention anything about his WVU prediction. Who will call his ass out on that?

and U would have been killed if you played like u did vs USF and PITT.. no one knows what would have happened if u played LSU.. Olk has stunk in their bowl games 4 years in a row now..
01-08-2008 07:11 AM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

Fanatical Wrote:funny thing, if they actually had a 4 team playoff the other two would have been VPI and Oklahoma

Yeah, I think they need to have the +1 game determined AFTER the bowl results. I'd love USC vs. LSU right now.
01-08-2008 07:27 AM
LaRue777 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU,ECU,MI
templefootballfan Wrote:#3[VT] & #4[Okla] lost, Missouri, Ga, Kansas did not win thier conf. USC[stanford], WV[Pitt], Haw[Ga] have no beef. Looks like "True" national champ.
Umm LSU[Arkansas] LSU[Kentucky]
01-08-2008 07:56 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
LaRue777 Wrote:
templefootballfan Wrote:#3[VT] & #4[Okla] lost, Missouri, Ga, Kansas did not win thier conf. USC[stanford], WV[Pitt], Haw[Ga] have no beef. Looks like "True" national champ.

LSU won their conference. The toughest conference in the country. The conference that went 7-2 in bowl games. Their only two losses were both in TRIPLE overtime.

They didn't get beat at home by a TERRIBLE Stanford team. They didn't get beat at home by a 28 point underdog Pitt team. They absolutely waxed Virginia Tech and Ohio State.
01-08-2008 09:48 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

And if Les Miles had been less lucky, the Tigers would have lost 5 games instead of just 2.
01-08-2008 09:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

3601 Wrote:
LaRue777 Wrote:

LSU won their conference. The toughest conference in the country. The conference that went 7-2 in bowl games. Their only two losses were both in TRIPLE overtime.

They didn't get beat at home by a TERRIBLE Stanford team. They didn't get beat at home by a 28 point underdog Pitt team. They absolutely waxed Virginia Tech and Ohio State.

A loss is a loss. Sure, LSU has a great argument, perhaps the best argument. But it's all 100% subjective without some sort of playoff.

Although, as I've said, I just don't know if it's feasible for a major college playoff. How are you going to get large groups of fans to travel to multiple locations during the holidays on short notice?

Perhaps something could be worked out incorporating the existing bowls.
01-08-2008 09:55 AM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
The way I see it...any conference or school who accepts BCS money should have no problem with how the BCS determines its champion. All the schools signed up for the champion to be determined in this manner.
01-08-2008 09:59 AM
Advertisement

Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
MichaelSavage Wrote:The way I see it...any conference or school who accepts BCS money should have no problem with how the BCS determines its champion. All the schools signed up for the champion to be determined in this manner.

IMHO - 4 of the 6 conferences would have see it done a different way, but it is not a majority that wins the argument.
01-08-2008 10:59 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
bitcruncher Wrote:And if Les Miles had been less lucky, the Tigers would have lost 5 games instead of just 2.

If the queen had balls then she'd be king.
01-08-2008 11:00 PM
LaRue777 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU,ECU,MI
3601 Wrote:LSU won their conference. The toughest conference in the country. The conference that went 7-2 in bowl games. Their only two losses were both in TRIPLE overtime.

3601 Wrote:
bitcruncher Wrote:And if Les Miles had been less lucky, the Tigers would have lost 5 games instead of just 2.
If the queen had balls then she'd be king.
You seem to be giving LSU credit and considering their losses good losses because they were in 3OT while discounting the close games that they won.

Again, the discussion is not whether LSU has more right to be #1 then any other team but whether this is a "true" national champion. Several other 1 and 2 loss teams might think otherwise and have reason to believe that a playoff was in order.
01-09-2008 06:55 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.