KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Per Neil request: USF's Moffitt Suspected of Cheating
More accurate report for Neil's new headline:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/04/...eges-bulls

(Title changed per Neil's request.)
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/bloggers/charles-rich/
Oh...its the Big East AOL Columns by Charles Rich.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2008 05:45 PM by KnightLight.)
01-04-2008 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Chris Rich's AOL Big East Blog
Until someone is implicated that is associated with the University I'm not sure how he can say major NCAA violations. If it comes out that they knew, then obviously there will be some big issues. At that point Leavitt will be out of a job, I would guess.

It is nice that every time something negative happens about USF the UCF fans come over here and let us all know. Never seen a fan base so dedicated to making sure every negative thing that happens at a school is reported on the conference message board.

Still won't help get UCF into the Big East as well.
01-04-2008 09:43 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
mlb Wrote:Never seen a fan base so dedicated to making sure every negative thing that happens at a school is reported on the conference message board.

I have, and so have you. I won't say the name of the school, but it begins with X 03-wink
01-04-2008 09:47 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
Maybe on the school's message board, not on a conference message board.
01-04-2008 09:48 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

mlb Wrote:Until someone is implicated that is associated with the University I'm not sure how he can say major NCAA violations. If it comes out that they knew, then obviously there will be some big issues. At that point Leavitt will be out of a job, I would guess.

Looks like some of that info can be found in today's Tampa Tribune Article that while one USF Assistant denied meeting with Moffitt's wife and denied telling her the HE knew that she did most of Moffitt's school work ("your name, Shauna, should be on his diploma"), another USF Coach confirms her visit to that football offices and meeting with said USF Assistant.

Here's the story from the Tampa Trib with some new info:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/04/...eges-bulls
01-04-2008 10:03 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
Will be interesting to see how this plays out... a meeting to the office does not mean that they discussed her doing his work. Not saying it didn't happen, but I'll wait to see the whole story comes out before making judgement.
01-04-2008 10:17 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
Same article says the coaches didn't know, and only a GA knew (his wife's words). I'm not sure that will be enough to cause any real damage to the program from the NCAA.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2008 10:20 AM by mlb.)
01-04-2008 10:20 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
KnightLight Wrote:http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/bloggers/charles-rich/

Here's his stories on Big East Football and Hoops over the past week, plus comments about BCS Bowl Games as well.

Give it a rest already. Aren't you real clever? 05-nono
01-04-2008 10:28 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
LOL. Im sure theyll add this to their file on USF troubles that they keep airing over the internet.
01-04-2008 10:29 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
KnightLight Wrote:http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/bloggers/charles-rich/

Here's his stories on Big East Football and Hoops over the past week, plus comments about BCS Bowl Games as well.

UCF fans are truly pitiful. Every time I see this kind of crap from you guys it just reinforces my feelings that I hope that I never have to call you folks BE bretheren. 01-lauramac2
01-04-2008 10:30 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
cuseroc Wrote:UCF fans are truly pitiful. Every time I see this kind of crap from you guys it just reinforces my feelings that I hope that I never have to call you folks BE bretheren. 01-lauramac2

To be fair we are not the ones caught cheating, lying, and being dead beat dads. It is actually news worthy. There is now articles about this from Florida to NY.

You guys sure had fun with the cheating scandal at FSU. All cheaters should be punished.
01-04-2008 10:35 AM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
KNIGHTTIME Wrote:To be fair we are not the ones caught cheating, lying, and being dead beat dads. It is actually news worthy. There is now articles about this from Florida to NY.

You guys sure had fun with the cheating scandal at FSU. All cheaters should be punished.

Why don't you just create your own USF news blog instead of posting a link to an article about it in a new thread every 5 minutes? 01-wingedeagle
01-04-2008 10:40 AM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows
Moffitt is an NFL draft prospect and early projections put him anywhere from the 3d to 5th round. Reaching a quick settlement for alimony and child support would be in Moffitt's and USF's best interest.

nothing is going to come out of this; she'll get her money and all will be fine
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2008 10:46 AM by Fanatical.)
01-04-2008 10:44 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
KNIGHTTIME Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:UCF fans are truly pitiful. Every time I see this kind of crap from you guys it just reinforces my feelings that I hope that I never have to call you folks BE bretheren. 01-lauramac2

To be fair we are not the ones caught cheating, lying, and being dead beat dads. It is actually news worthy. There is now articles about this from Florida to NY.

You mean like your cheating coach? Get over it you and your buddies have an orgasm anytime anything negative happens at USF and then go around every internet board you can find posting it.
I never disliked UCF, until I ran into you bozos in the internet now I hope you guys rot in CUSA.
01-04-2008 10:44 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
mlb Wrote:Maybe on the school's message board, not on a conference message board.

But, other than that, don't you see such a parallel? 03-lmfao
01-04-2008 10:47 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
bearcatfan Wrote:Why don't you just create your own USF news blog instead of posting a link to an article about it in a new thread every 5 minutes? 01-wingedeagle

Honestly I do feel bad for the kids and feel for her if she was really left with no money and the kids.
01-04-2008 10:50 AM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

mlb Wrote:Same article says the coaches didn't know, and only a GA knew (his wife's words). I'm not sure that will be enough to cause any real damage to the program from the NCAA.

NCAA makes it VERY clear that "not knowing" is not a viable excuse for a program.

Here's some important factors that the NCAA brought out to schools in 2007...with special attendance given to Top/Down compliance:

(Starting on Page 27)
http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/membersh...rol.ppt#27

To the NCAA, not knowing when you SHOULD is almost as damaging as covering it up.
01-04-2008 10:56 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Ok and try to explain, how would the school know what is happpenning between a WIFE and her HUSBAND.
You guys want so bad for USF to get on NCAA probation because you see USF separating itself from UCf and want at all costs to slow it down.

So please explain how do you think the school SHOULD had known that his wife was doing his papers. You guys are fricking amazing, obviously those high SATs dont mean much in being rational when it comes to USF
01-04-2008 11:02 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
KnightLight Wrote:NCAA makes it VERY clear that "not knowing" is not a viable excuse for a program.

To the NCAA, not knowing when you SHOULD is almost as damaging as covering it up.

Then Ohio State must have the death penalty for football and basketball, right?

Between $500 handshakes, cars for Clarett, etc....
01-04-2008 11:06 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Dont try to reason with these clowns they can see past theur hate for USF. Knightime has gone on every BE Rivals site posting same stupid article. Im sure hes done the same in the florida schools and who knows whereelse.

As I said PATHETIC. Dont know about you guys but dont know anyother school that has the number of fans that go to these extremes.
01-04-2008 11:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.