Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

9/6/08 @ Georgia
Bookmark and Share
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CMU
9/6/08 @ Georgia
Did anyone watch Georgia DOMINATE Hawaii on defense in the Sugar Bowl? Wow...Georgia looked, really, really good. I thought Hawaii along with Colt Brennan would put up more than 10 points. Hawaii got embarrassed. IMHO...I thought Hawaii's offense is much more dangerous than our offense, so come 9/6/08...we better hope and pray Georgia self-destructs and we don't get embarrassed...because Georgia looked like they might make a run at the National title in 2009.

It was as if Georgia had a Hawaii head set on and knew every single play they were going to run. Everytime Georgia blitzed...Hawaii ran a screen (good call), however Georgia's defenders were all over the RB or WR. Hawaii couldn't get anything going.
01-02-2008 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC
RE: 9/6/08 @ Georgia
Re: 9/6/08

If the game goes as I dread, let's hope Mark Richt doesn't pull a "Steve Spurrier".
01-02-2008 04:40 PM
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

Okie Chippewa Wrote:Re: 9/6/08

If the game goes as I dread, let's hope Mark Richt doesn't pull a "Steve Spurrier".

I agree Okie...Hawaii's defense wasn't great, but they kept an extra 21 points from being scored. Goergia could have easily scored 60 or 70+, if Hawaii's defense was bad. Why am I getting flashbacks of the Clemson game? 03-banghead 03-hissyfit
01-02-2008 04:58 PM
Advertisement

SCCHIP Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: THE CHIPPEWAS
If our D doesn't improve significantly Clemson will be a nice memory. Georgia is going to be scary good next year. I think they will be ranked #1 or 2 when we face them. But, that being said, I'll be there sporting the Maroon and Gold!
01-02-2008 09:34 PM
LakeMichChip Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Mark Richt, along with Martinez and Jancek have more class than Spurrier could ever think of. They may beat us up, but the Dawgs will lay off with a comfortable lead. They even slowed down and layed off the last 2 first half possesions against the Rainbows.
01-03-2008 07:52 AM
Advertisement

SCCHIP Offline
Bench Warmer

Yeah, Richt is a good coach but high class? Couldn't you call that into question after the GA celebration after the first FL TD?

Also, I'm sure everyone around the country saw what happens when a team let's off the Gas against us, or at least does not come out in the second half with the same fire. Georgia or any other team for that matter had better not slow down on us until they are up 5 TD's in the 4th or we will scare the hell out of them if not come back and beat them.

Don't get me wrong I think Richt and his staff are class guys I'm just throwing trying to stir a pot a little.

Seriously next year against GA, Our OL will be tested and LeFevour will probably be running all day, which is not a bad thing necessarily. I just think the way they can run the ball they will keep our O off the field and we will go down to a top 5 team as expected. I hope not, but right now I don't see another outcome. But hey, that's why they play the game.
01-03-2008 08:43 AM
midlandchip Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
ChipFB, I didn't watch all the game but I watched enough to come away with the same thoughts and impressions. Georgia will be a Top 10 team at the start of next year. We don't have a chance.
01-04-2008 12:09 PM
Advertisement

ChipFB Offline
2nd String

midlandchip Wrote:ChipFB, I didn't watch all the game but I watched enough to come away with the same thoughts and impressions. Georgia will be a Top 10 team at the start of next year. We don't have a chance.

Midland...are you and the wife flying out to Athens for this one? I know your experience at Lawrence wasn't very memorable.
01-04-2008 12:47 PM
SCCHIP Offline
Bench Warmer

I personally think the game will be one to forget but the game day atmosphere and being in that stadium will be an experience. Athens is a cool little town too. Good bars and restaurants.
01-04-2008 01:12 PM
Advertisement

Rowdylikewhat Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
It should be a fun trip to make and I think we can put up some points in the second half. I'll say Georgia 52 CMU 24 (14 of which will come late).
01-05-2008 04:29 PM
CMichFan Offline

Crappies
The main problem was that Hawaii's OL couldn't keep Georgia out of the backfield. Brennan got sacked, hit, and hurried all game. Our OL is better, IMHO, and we use a TE more often. Brennan is also nowhere near as mobile as LeFevour. Our offense will do better than Hawaii's did. It's the other phases of the game that concern me. Hopefully, catching Georgia early -- maybe it will be the Bulldogs' first game? -- will also help.
01-06-2008 11:18 PM
midlandchip Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
ChipFB, I don't know what the wife and I are going to do about the Georgia game. Our frends in Dayton Beach, FL would like to meet us in Atlanta and then ride over for the game together. But I'm really undecided. As I have said before, I just don't like watching the Chips get mauled in a football game. That's not a good time in my book. I have been thinking we might drive down for the Indiana game instead - that is if we play them again this year. But then our friends may just talk us into the Georgia thing. It's all up in the air right now.

And you are right about Kansas. We were killed in that one and it wasn't fun to watch. But we went to that game because we thought the Chips had a chance to win. How was I to know Kansas was going to have the best season they have had in more than a 100 years. Georgia is different. We know they are going to be at least a Top 10 team to start the season.
01-11-2008 09:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.