Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Early Look Ahead
Bookmark and Share
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CMU
Early Look Ahead
I know...it's way too early...and some of you still have MCB on your mind, however...the nucleus we have retuning is scary, especially on offense. Some freshman or redshirt freshman could be in the mix...however this is what we have returning.

Starting Offense
QB- LeFevour
RB- Hoskins/Sneed
LT- Hartline
LG- Maddux
C- Miller
RG – Cribbs/Antonides/McMahon
RT- Wojt
TE - Watt
WR - Anderson
WR – Brown
WR – Brooks/Poblah/Pitts

10 starters on offense returning 04-jawdrop

Starting Defense
DE- Knight/Williams
DT- Droscha/Kennedy
DT- Ekdahl
DE- Zombo
WLB-Miles
MLB- Bellore
SLB- Berning
SS- Hissong/McLaughlin
FS – Fraser/Edwards
CB- West/Mama
CB- Gordy

About 9 starters on defense returning, however some incoming freshman (secondary) or (D-line) could make a strong push for PT.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2007 04:25 PM by ChipFB.)
12-27-2007 04:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chpfn Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Chippewas
RE: Early Look Ahead
Good effort CFB, but you do seem to have way too much time on your hands. Maybe, Butch should hire you to be his Director of Football operations, Plas has to be approaching the age of mandatory retirement.
12-27-2007 04:28 PM
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

chpfn Wrote:Good effort CFB, but you do seem to have way too much time on your hands. Maybe, Butch should hire you to be his Director of Football operations, Plas has to be approaching the age of mandatory retirement.
03-lmfao 03-lmfao

I certainly wouldn't want to send Plas an e-mail.

[Image: KISPZYTGTZZBLYH.20060907145905.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2007 04:55 PM by ChipFB.)
12-27-2007 04:55 PM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC
I certainly wouldn't want to send Plas an e-mail.

If you do, prepare to get Plastered.
12-27-2007 05:08 PM
WarHawks Offline
Bench Warmer

ChipFB Wrote:I know...it's way too early...and some of you still have MCB on your mind, however...the nucleus we have retuning is scary, especially on offense. Some freshman or redshirt freshman could be in the mix...however this is what we have returning.

Starting Offense
QB- LeFevour
RB- Hoskins/Sneed
LT- Hartline
LG- Maddux
C- Miller
RG – Cribbs/Antonides/McMahon
RT- Wojt
TE - Watt
WR - Anderson
WR – Brown
WR – Brooks/Poblah/Pitts

10 starters on offense returning 04-jawdrop

Starting Defense
DE- Knight/Williams
DT- Droscha/Kennedy
DT- Ekdahl
DE- Zombo
WLB-Miles
MLB- Bellore
SLB- Berning
SS- Hissong/McLaughlin
FS – Fraser/Edwards
CB- West/Mama
CB- Gordy

About 9 starters on defense returning, however some incoming freshman (secondary) or (D-line) could make a strong push for PT.

CMU's offense is going to be scary good the next couple of years.

I hope (pray) some guys step up and press for playing time on defense. Its got to get better. There are some real opportunities there for some new blood.

Bellore is the real deal, and this was only his freshman year! 04-jawdrop
12-27-2007 06:46 PM
mac_helmets Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The MAC
WarHawks Wrote:Bellore is the real deal, and this was only his freshman year! 04-jawdrop

It was interesting seeing Bellore in the MCB as a freshman because he plays like EMUs Dan Holtzclaw at the same age but with a little more muscle.

Anyway, win or lose, it's always fun to see the Chippewas play at Ford Field! 04-cheers
12-27-2007 10:18 PM
Advertisement

Arrohead Offline
Special Teams

Who do you see as coach for all this talent?03-banghead
12-28-2007 12:28 PM
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
Arro, you sound like Butch is gone, the silence in Morgantown makes me think they are still looking. I would have thought after a second interview if he was gonna get the job they would have offered by now.
12-28-2007 02:17 PM
Rowdylikewhat Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
I say we should look within first and see if we can promote somebody (Azzani maybe?) and a retain a few other assistants and have some continuity. If that's not possible, Christenson from Missouri, Chuck Martin from GVSU, or Locksley would be more than fine with me. Give me a spread guy and I give you a winner.
12-28-2007 04:40 PM
MktTimerChip Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: C. Michigan
If BJ leaving does come to pass, I was thinking Azzanni as well. I would hope we can spare the guys having to go through another complete transition for a second year in a row.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2007 05:05 PM by MktTimerChip.)
12-28-2007 05:15 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Online
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
We need someone to desperately fix our secondary and kickoff team. That's what cost us the MCB. And why is it that we wait until the second half to make adjustments. The first half was a replica of the September game. Chrissakes, doesn't anyone on the coaching staff see that?! Why come out the same way twice, do they think Purdue is stupid?
12-28-2007 07:52 PM
Advertisement

Rowdylikewhat Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
BGSU was pretty upset when Azzani came over here last year. He has a year in Butch's system and is also an Urban Meyer disciple so offensively, we would be more than fine. With some continuity, new recruits, and some people being a year older, we should at least be able to bend but not break defensively.
12-28-2007 07:55 PM
LakeMichChip Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
My vote is with Azzani. Lets stop the Chuck Martin talk once and for all. We do not want this guy at CMU!
12-28-2007 08:28 PM
Rowdylikewhat Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
If we couldn't promote Azzani, I'd like Chuck Martin but I'd kind of like to hear why you wouldn't want him around. Not looking for an argument. Just wondering what your reasoning is or if there's some sort of personal experience there.
12-28-2007 09:10 PM
cajunrajan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: cmu
For coach, my top choice is definitely Locksley. Although, Illinois did so well this year, I think Locksley might be too rich for us now. He will hold out for a bigger opportunity in a BCS conference now, which is too bad. My next choice is Dave Christiansen.

As for CFB's look at next year, I think the one player missing is Taylor Bradley. He easily could be our #3 WR. He was great this season, but was hurt and couldnt show his stuff too often, but Bradley could be electric.

The defense does look scary bad. Bellore, Gordy, and Zombo are all very good, but the rest is shaky. However, our offense will be so loaded it is sick, so it will be a lot like this year. Our offense toyed with the MAC, and it will be even more destructive next year. I cant wait.
12-29-2007 10:59 PM
chipfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
It looks like the only defensive reinforcements currently on the roster for next year are:

Josh Allison - 6'2 245 Fr. DL
Lance Beers - 6'3 233 Fr. DE
Chris Boss - 6'3 288 Jr. DL
Sean Murnane - 6'1 237 So. DL
Anthony Quinn - 6'4 252 Fr. DE
Phillip Telfer - 6'3 270 Sr. DE

I would think that the Freshmen would be adding some weight before next season. Allison is someone I am eager to see in action, and Beers and Quinn were excellent HS players at different positions. Maybe a pleasant surprise in those two?

Murnane was getting some mention in fall camp this year, but I have no idea what happened to him. Injured?

Boss and Telfer may not be in the mix. If they were going to do something this would have been the year to break in.

Also, on the offensive side, I am hearing Cribbs may not return.
12-30-2007 10:20 AM
Advertisement

HorseGlue Offline
2nd String

chipfan Wrote:Also, on the offensive side, I am hearing Cribbs may not return.

Yes, what's the deal there? His dad made a post on CI that basically said "good bye", but didn't say why. He then made a post in another thread that trashed the coaching staff. He said, "I Hope BJ leaves and takes all of the other SOB coaches with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2007 12:17 PM by HorseGlue.)
12-30-2007 12:06 PM
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

HorseGlue Wrote:Yes, what's the deal there? His dad made a post on CI that basically said "good bye", but didn't say why. He then made a post in another thread that trashed the coaching staff. He said, "I Hope BJ leaves and takes all of the other SOB coaches with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Horse...I read the good bye post, however I didn't read other post. What exactly did he say? Mr. Cribbs was a pretty nice gentleman...that's to bad...I wonder what the hell could the coaches do in order to cause a player to quit during BOWL WEEK? Unless it's something that has been going on all season. I'm appreciative of the MAC Championship, however with BJ still around...something tells me it might be a good thing if he did get the WV job for both parties. I get the feeling the overall feeling or moral toward the coaches isn't too good. Especially for players who have been there for a few years are have been good character kids. Oh well...I'm sure we'll know something by wednesday.
12-31-2007 10:18 AM
cajunrajan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: cmu
lets just say the coaches were treating his kid like crap, possibly trying to force him out to open a scholarship up. Its wrong.

Someone on the other board also said there are 4 redshirt players tearing it up in practice, 2 on each side of the ball. Any guesses? I think Lance Beers or Josh Allison could definitely be 1 if not both of the defensive guys.
12-31-2007 12:03 PM
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

That's too bad about Cribbs. I wish him and his family nothing but the best and what he was able to contribute to the team.

If I had to pick some guys tearing it up...on offense...I would say, Weaver and maybe not a freshman but a transfer Maddox (WR) from west virgina. On defense...I would expect guys like Allison and Beers to make an impact. These two were highly recruited and should be great players for CMU. I feel bad for Bradley...BJ burned his redshirt but no one knew he would get injured. Lets hope for this kid...he can make the best of it for the next three years.
12-31-2007 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.