Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
ECU and the Big East...
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
ECU and the Big East...
They're really putting it on Boise right now... therefore, they need to be considered for BE membership 05-stirthepot 03-lmfao
12-23-2007 07:56 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: ECU and the Big East...
They are handing Boise State their behinds right now!!
12-23-2007 08:13 PM
MOUNTAINEERFAN64 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WVU & Big East
I've always liked the thought of ECU in the Big East.. They would be my #1 expansion candidate. GO PIRATES! Putting a spanking on Boise State right now! 05-mafia
12-23-2007 09:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
I have to admit, Boise was my pick. I'm not all that surprised ECU is leading, but I'm surprised they're doing it so easily. If it holds up, have to give them props 04-bow
12-23-2007 09:10 PM
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Crappies
We'll take those props.....04-cheers
12-23-2007 11:23 PM
Crimsonelf Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardinals
ECU barely managed to pull it out, good win though.:ecu: I don't see this as being a convincing argument in favor of ECU joining the BE.
12-23-2007 11:51 PM
Advertisement

Topcard91 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU Pirates
Nothing changed tonight.

This is not our first win over a top 25 team. This is not our first Bowl game. This is not our first Bowl victory.

It is nice that a couple of you think that because we won tonight we are somehow NOW worthy of joining your BCS club.

We have been winning football games for 70 years. We have been winning Bowl games for over 50 years. Thanks for the kind words from some of you...but we do not need your validation.
12-24-2007 12:54 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Topcard91 Wrote:Nothing changed tonight.

This is not our first win over a top 25 team. This is not our first Bowl game. This is not our first Bowl victory.

It is nice that a couple of you think that because we won tonight we are somehow NOW worthy of joining your BCS club.

We have been winning football games for 70 years. We have been winning Bowl games for over 50 years. Thanks for the kind words from some of you...but we do not need your validation.

03-yawn03-yawn03-yawn
12-24-2007 08:10 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Is sarcasm always lost on you?

I have to wonder why you come to this board to lie about Memphis bowl attendance numbers if you really don't feel the need for validation.
12-24-2007 09:36 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
CollegeCard Wrote:

Is sarcasm always lost on you?

I have to wonder why you come to this board to lie about Memphis bowl attendance numbers if you really don't feel the need for validation.

You gotta remember this is the same cat that was on both the BIG EAST and C-USA Boards saying C-USA should try to lure WVU, Louisville and USF back because the BIG EAST was so weak and C-USA was stronger. 01-wingedeagle03-lmfao01-wingedeagle03-lmfao01-wingedeagle03-lmfao01-wingedeagle03-lmfao01-wingedeagle03-lmfao
12-24-2007 09:47 AM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
Big East will look at Basketball credentials too since they can't afford to let basketball slide. Big money is made in March and adding teams that are not able to compete in basketball costs the BE bids if they split down the road. The fear of a split is that basketball will lose bids from having two conferences. Right now BE has the balance in basketball and football. Adding ECU would shift the balance to football, and perhaps water down the image of Big East basketball. Memphis brings the basketball that BE needs. You won't see CBS throwing more money at the BE with ECU being added. ECU won't let BE ask for more $$$ from networks. Memphis basketball would.
12-24-2007 09:48 AM
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Right now i would say ECU,UCF and Memphis are in an arms race to be that 9th member if there is a move in Big East. All three have their positive and negatives. It will be interesting to see who makes the major moves. certaintly UCF did not do all their upgradings in facilities to be in CUSA and Memphis has an outstanding basketball program and facility, brings the Liberty bowl and if it strengthens its football and gets a new stadium could be hard to beat out.
The Big east is in a good position so lets stand back and see what happens down the road.
12-24-2007 09:54 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

Dude relax already.
12-24-2007 10:47 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Cubanbull Wrote:Right now i would say ECU,UCF and Memphis are in an arms race to be that 9th member if there is a move in Big East. All three have their positive and negatives. It will be interesting to see who makes the major moves. certaintly UCF did not do all their upgradings in facilities to be in CUSA and Memphis has an outstanding basketball program and facility, brings the Liberty bowl and if it strengthens its football and gets a new stadium could be hard to beat out.
The Big east is in a good position so lets stand back and see what happens down the road.

Partially agree

All three are in an arms race but they are doing it for themselves. The Big East Bid bid may or may not be there. Their immediate goals are to assume flagship of C-USA. Safe to say that USM has taken a step back.
12-24-2007 10:55 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
TexanMark Wrote:
Cubanbull Wrote:Right now i would say ECU,UCF and Memphis are in an arms race to be that 9th member if there is a move in Big East. All three have their positive and negatives. It will be interesting to see who makes the major moves. certaintly UCF did not do all their upgradings in facilities to be in CUSA and Memphis has an outstanding basketball program and facility, brings the Liberty bowl and if it strengthens its football and gets a new stadium could be hard to beat out.

Partially agree

All three are in an arms race but they are doing it for themselves. The Big East Bid bid may or may not be there. Their immediate goals are to assume flagship of C-USA. Safe to say that USM has taken a step back.

USM ship unfortunately for them has passed. They just don't have the resources or Market to keep up with Memphis or Orlando.
12-24-2007 10:57 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Maize Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:

Partially agree

USM ship unfortunately for them has passed. They just don't have the resources or Market to keep up with Memphis or Orlando.

And NAIA Larry isn't helping his basketball team with scheduling Bellhaven, Blueball and Mars.
12-24-2007 11:06 AM
Advertisement

BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
I think ECU and UCF are in a race for spot 10. I dont think its really even close with Memphis as #9. With the threat of a split we would badly need another basketball school to stay elite in basketball, and their football attendance is right on par with UCF and ECU (i know its a little lower but its in the same area). Facilities about the same. Memphis is also the only one bringing their own bowl game.
12-24-2007 11:26 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
I like ECU and Memphis. Nice win ECU, beating Boise shows you are on your way back! 04-cheers

If we split, it would be sweet to add:

Penn State (Pipe Dream)
Memphis
ECU
Central Florida

I would add Memphis and ECU to get to 10.
12-24-2007 11:52 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Though they almost let that game slip away from them, ECU had a great win against a 10-2 strong Boise St. team that is well respected. I think that was a very nice statement game for the Pirates as far as where they are headed. They were only one dumb loss away from the C-USA crown. There is a great future there. I wish they could get the basketball team going.

Nice win Pirates! I watched and was cheering for you all the way!
12-24-2007 01:58 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC
I would love to have Memphis in the Big East.

I would prefer Central Florida to ECU if we go to 10.

However, the Presidents, not the ADs will make decisions regarding Big East expansion. And both Memphis and ECU are Tier 4 schools with very small endowments. (I know I know the U.S. News and World Report Rankings are biased, and suspect, but they unfortunately matter). Central Florida is much better positioned in terms of academics, athletics, and endowment.

So from the President's perspective, I think that Central Florida is a no-brainer. And if we go to 10 schools then maybe Memphis, but it could be that Temple is invited back into the league.

My educated guess at the Big East after the split is:

West Virginia
Rutgers
UCONN
Syracuse
Louisville
South Florida
Cincinnati
Pittsburg
Central Florida
Temple
12-24-2007 02:20 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.