Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I am back from Santa Barbara california
Bookmark and Share
aggiefansince83 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NMSU Aggies
I am back from Santa Barbara california
I was there for cheerleading camp and it was pretty much squads from NMSU, San Jose State, Nevada, Arizona, San Diego State, plus a bunch of Big West and community colleges.

I never knew California had a whole bunch of small colleges that I have never heard of. There were Big West schools UC Riverside, Northridge, Davis, Irvine plus a whole bunch of small schools like Pasadena City college, Mesa something, Chico state, Orange Coast college, East Los Angeles community college. Geez.

Anyway at camp there was this push up competition. I volunteered for NMSU. Someone from another squad had to count the pushups so a girl from San Jose State came right next to me. She was so pretty. I like San Jose State now. It was like one of those love at first sight things. Hey Anthony you should hook me up. 03-idea

Los Angeles was unreal. It took us 3 hours to get through there on the way. The pollution was so bad I could barely see the hills around Los Angeles. How can anyone live there? What a madhouse.

LOL you guys should have heard San Jose States fight song. It made me laugh. Their squad sang it and it started like, "Tweet tweet tweet tweet, fight on for old San Jose State."

What is with the Tweets? lmfao

It got really cold at night in Santa Barbara. Is it because of the ocean?

I wanted to go say something to the Nevada cheerleaders for the home cooking refs at the WAC tournament in Reno but I didn't want to be mean. 05-footinmouth

I still can't stop thinking about that San Jose State cheerleader that counted my pushups. She just walked up right next to me and interduced herself and was very friendly and happy. I remember her name so hey Anthony you know the cheerleaders? Come on man hook me up.

I had a good time but I am glad to be back in New Mexico. Because here in New Mexico we actually have blue skies and not this grayish haze all over our cities. Even when we were out of Los Angeles we could still see the haze. 03-yawn

LOL here is a funny story. We, the NMSU squad, had a squad dinner at Applebees in Ventura. I ordered a cheeseburger. When my cheeseburger came to me later the guy set it down and said, "Cheeseburger with a side of broccoli." I was shocked. I wanted fries and just assumed cheeseburgers came with fries but I didn't say anything since we were a big group and I didn't want to make a scene.

So for the next day I was bad mouthing Californians. When talking to other people on the squad I was saying people in california are wierd. They eat their cheeseburgers with a side of broccoli instead of french fries. Must be their hippy, enviornmental ways in california. At least back home in New Mexico we get big juicy cheeseburgers with FRENCH FRIES. Not broccoli. 01-wingedeagle

Well what happened was someone on the squad also ordered a cheeseburger but didn't feel like eating fries so he specifically asked for broccoli. The servers got the orders mixed up and gave the one with broccoli to me and the one with french fries to the other guy. So he was thinking californians can't take orders and everything while I was complaining about the broccoli.

Well I had fun. I will never forget what I thought about Californians for the first day though. Cheeseburger with a side of broccoli. lmfao Californians are wierd for eating like that.

Anyway I still can't stop thinking about that San Jose State cheerleader. Hey Anthony you know any of the cheerleaders? I remember her name so maybe she will add me on myspace? 03-idea

Come on man hook me up.

I hope you all enjoyed my story about my trip to California.
08-18-2006 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SJSdude Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: San Jose State

A couple of points:

1) California is a BIG state. You cannot judge the entire state based on a visit to LA. The SF Bay Area/San Jose are different. Even more different are the central valley, and way up in the north state.

2) I've been here 40+ years and have never seen broccoli served with a cheesburger.

3) I have no idea what version of our fightsong the SJSU cheeleaders were singing. Never heard anyone sing it with "tweets".

4) Sorry I can help you with that particular cheeleader that interested you. I have a friend who is related to one of the cheerleaders. But, unfortuntately it's his nephew. Just remember, SJSU will be coming the Las Cruces this year. Perhaps your friend will make the trip.
08-19-2006 10:01 AM
Yoda Offline
1st String

I Root For: Fresno State

First off, that wasn't love. That was lust. That's good too, mind you, but it is important to know the difference.

Second, you gotta learn to strike while the iron is hot, um, so to speak. Nobody here can help you. We don't know who she is and we can't hook you up. But you might get a second chance. San Jose State plays at NMSU on November 4th. Assuming she travels, maybe you can connect with her then.

Most schools have a student directory on line and many include an email address (or at least the coach does) so you might be able to get a message to her to set something up before she arrives. If none of that works, maybe you will have to take a trip to the Bay Area -- which incidentally, is just as overgrown and congested as LA is.

Yoda out...
08-19-2006 11:02 AM
Advertisement

DAgg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

If you are talking Cali & burger and In&Out isn't part of the discussion, you made a wrong turn somewhere.

California, home of In&Out burger, with a menu consisting of a burger and fries, and that's it.
08-19-2006 11:30 AM
aggiefansince83 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NMSU Aggies

Oh yeah I did see in and out burger places all over the place. I have heard good things about that place.

California was cool. I liked how pretty the ocean was. The best view was driving from Ventura to Santa Barbara because the highway went right along the ocean. There is too much traffic though.

Oh yeah and on the way back in Los Angeles I saw that big Hollywood sign on the hill. You can see it from the 101 freeway. I was looking for the Rose Bowl and the Colleseum but I could not see them off the freeway.

Also next to the Hollywood sign I saw this really big house on top of the hill. Mel Gibson must live there or something. Or maybe Kobe Bryant.
08-19-2006 12:04 PM
Six_Pack Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Re: I am back from Santa Barbara california
Thanks for the story. A couple of thoughts myself...

1) You were going to whine to the Nevada cheerleaders about last year's basketball game? Good god man...let it go already, accept defeat and the outcome of the game, and move on.

2) Yoda said it best. You have to strike when the iron is hot. You missed your chance and asking strangers on the internet to track her down and hook you up or going through the myspace route seems kind of creepy and stalker-ish. Not trying to to be mean...just trying to be honest and to help a brother out. Women will respect it a lot more if you have the confidence to make the move right then and there rather than waiting it out and trying to find them later on the internet, and you have to make your move when the opportunity is there. If you get a second chance then take it, but to be perfectly honest the whole having someone else track her down bit shows a lack of confidence, and women don't respect that.

3) I agree with you...Californians are weird. What I don't get about them is how so many of them move here to Nevada to get away from California, and then complain because we don't do things here the same way they did in California. But in their defense it isn't really fair to judge an entire population and an entire state because you were served broccoli after a simple mistake.

If you ever come to Reno, find the burger known as the Awful Awful. It's a legend around here, and I promise you there will be no broccoli within a hundred yards and you'll have more fries than you could possibly eat. Best burger in town.
08-19-2006 04:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.