Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

NTR Outsourcing to India and The Phillipines
Bookmark and Share
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
NTR Outsourcing to India and The Phillipines
I have been reading up on outsourcing and wonder if anyone on here has any experience or has someone in their company who I can talk to about recommendations on outsourcing some of our work to India and The Phillipines and companies they recommend.
12-17-2007 11:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: NTR Outsourcing to India and The Phillipines
You are hurting America
12-17-2007 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
We outsource some of our artwork that has to be done real quick. They are very reasonable and located in India.

http://www.nittanycreative.com/
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2007 11:31 AM by missjtiger.)
12-17-2007 11:30 AM
Tigerbythetail Offline
Special Teams

DallasTiger Wrote:I have been reading up on outsourcing and wonder if anyone on here has any experience or has someone in their company who I can talk to about recommendations on outsourcing some of our work to India and The Phillipines and companies they recommend.

My company does extensive outsource work in India. It depends on what type of work you need. PM me and I can give you more info.
12-17-2007 12:31 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Please tell me you are not trying to outsource you "customer service"? How in the @&$# can you give good customer service when your CS Reps don't have a full understanding of the language of your customers?!
12-17-2007 12:39 PM
mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

Mr_XcentricK Wrote:Please tell me you are not trying to outsource you "customer service"? How in the @&$# can you give good customer service when your CS Reps don't have a full understanding of the language of your customers?!

calm down turbo.

your right though, and i should know since I'm Indian (but born in los angeles)!! 03-drunk
12-17-2007 12:51 PM
Advertisement

mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

DallasTiger Wrote:I have been reading up on outsourcing and wonder if anyone on here has any experience or has someone in their company who I can talk to about recommendations on outsourcing some of our work to India and The Phillipines and companies they recommend.

bangalore, india is booming with IT business. my company has a technology center there as well ... developers, quality assurance, tech/dispute support, etc ...

good luck.
12-17-2007 12:52 PM
transitt Offline
The William Hung of Memphis music

I Root For: A fresh start
My wife finally had a Dell customer service call transferred to Dallas after arguing with Indian "customer service" reps for 3 hours. Once it was transferred, the problem was resolved in under a minute.

It would be nice if American companies would quit outsourcing. More importantly, it would be nice if companies didn't have to answer to a bunch of ignorant stockholders who panic every time they don't understand a move made by that company.

God I'm glad I work for Whole Foods. If y'all saw their business models you would soil your pants. Whole Foods is a Fortune 500 company which sees profits well into the billions annually. The CEO(and founder) makes $350,000 per year. Why? It's because there is a cap on how much any one employee in the company can make compared to the average wage in the company. 93% of their stock options go to NON executive positions. My medical insurance is paid for. Moreover, after 3 more years, my entire FAMILY'S medical insurance is paid.
12-17-2007 02:03 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
I worked for a company that outsourced it's IT customer service to India. We still had IT people on site but had to call to get a job number to have a computer fixed. So basically I had to call India to have someone two cubes down from me come load software on my computer.
12-17-2007 02:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
transitt, do you know when Wild Oats changes to Whole Foods ?
12-17-2007 02:23 PM
FORealTigerFan Offline
Say What?

I Root For: Beer
Contact International paper, they know a lot about that. They canned a bunch of folks in memphis and sent their jobs overseas.
12-17-2007 02:36 PM
Advertisement

transitt Offline

missjtiger Wrote:transitt, do you know when Wild Oats changes to Whole Foods ?

THEY don't even know. The store will either be moved (not likely at this point) or remodelled before the sign on the door changes. I visited the Green Hills location in Nashville yesterday and now have a better understanding of why the name hasn't changed yet. Rest assured, we have Whole Foods people in the store daily, we've just switched to their ordering system, and are starting to see their "365" house brand in the stores. However, the current incarnation of the Memphis store isn't even CLOSE to being on par with what a Whole Foods store is.
12-17-2007 03:12 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
thanks....I can't wait for the change over ! I love the veggie lasagna 04-bow their pre-prepared tofu is ok...but nothing special.
12-17-2007 03:20 PM
transitt Offline

missjtiger Wrote:thanks....I can't wait for the change over ! I love the veggie lasagna 04-bow their pre-prepared tofu is ok...but nothing special.

If you are in Nashvegas in the near future...that store is worth a visit...they even have on site coffee roasting.
12-17-2007 03:33 PM
Chi-Town Offline
Perpetually Optimistic

transitt Wrote:My wife finally had a Dell customer service call transferred to Dallas after arguing with Indian "customer service" reps for 3 hours. Once it was transferred, the problem was resolved in under a minute.

It would be nice if American companies would quit outsourcing. More importantly, it would be nice if companies didn't have to answer to a bunch of ignorant stockholders who panic every time they don't understand a move made by that company.

God I'm glad I work for Whole Foods. If y'all saw their business models you would soil your pants. Whole Foods is a Fortune 500 company which sees profits well into the billions annually. The CEO(and founder) makes $350,000 per year. Why? It's because there is a cap on how much any one employee in the company can make compared to the average wage in the company. 93% of their stock options go to NON executive positions. My medical insurance is paid for. Moreover, after 3 more years, my entire FAMILY'S medical insurance is paid.

Sounds like you work for a great company.

If not for the ignorant stockholders, you would not have a job.
12-17-2007 03:37 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

mempho_to_diego Wrote:
Mr_XcentricK Wrote:Please tell me you are not trying to outsource you "customer service"? How in the @&$# can you give good customer service when your CS Reps don't have a full understanding of the language of your customers?!

calm down turbo.

your right though, and i should know since I'm Indian (but born in los angeles)!! 03-drunk

Granted, I came on a little strong in my post and I apologize for that and I am sorry if I offended you. I was speaking strickly about colloquial English. I have been on both sides of it. I went to grade school in San Diego where I learned Spanish. Second grade was all day in Spanish, third grade was the same except for one hour of english reading and fourth grade was half day Spanish and half day English. After all that I still really did not learn the language until I lived in Spain for 2 years and that is only Castilian Spanish. I also spent a year in China teaching English. Many of my students had a great knowledge of "book" English but got lost very quickly if I tried to speak to them in "common" english.
12-17-2007 04:25 PM
Advertisement

DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

fsquid Wrote:You are hurting America

I am not convinced that this is true since those outsourcing companies now have to buy Microsoft software, computers from US companies, etc. Surely by that logic, using email is also bad for America because:

1. The envelope companies are not making as many envelopes
2. The paper companies are not selling as much personal stationery
3. The USPS is not hiring as many mail handlers as they should be and not generating as much income from the sale of stamps.

It was interesting to go into an OLD NAVY store and look at the labels to see where the clothing was made. I doubt much of what any American wears today, was made in the USA.

Progress comes in different forms. It is just a matter of learning how best to adapt to current market conditions.

The world is getting smaller and computers, the Internet and fiber optics have made it happen.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2007 04:28 PM by DallasTiger.)
12-17-2007 04:27 PM
mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

Mr_XcentricK Wrote:
mempho_to_diego Wrote:

calm down turbo.

Granted, I came on a little strong in my post and I apologize for that and I am sorry if I offended you. I was speaking strickly about colloquial English. I have been on both sides of it. I went to grade school in San Diego where I learned Spanish. Second grade was all day in Spanish, third grade was the same except for one hour of english reading and fourth grade was half day Spanish and half day English. After all that I still really did not learn the language until I lived in Spain for 2 years and that is only Castilian Spanish. I also spent a year in China teaching English. Many of my students had a great knowledge of "book" English but got lost very quickly if I tried to speak to them in "common" english.

no problem man, i wasn't offended ... it takes a lot to get at me, but what school did you go to? i live off the 15, mira mesa exit!
12-17-2007 04:28 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

We lived in the Point Loma area for bit but I can not remember the names of the two schools I went to for Kinder & 1st grade. We then moved to the Dubois Street, in the North Clairemont area. The last place we lived in was up by Mesa Community College on Auburndale. The school I went to that taught Spanish was Longfellow, over by Tecolote Canyon Park.
12-17-2007 04:55 PM
mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

Mr_XcentricK Wrote:We lived in the Point Loma area for bit but I can not remember the names of the two schools I went to for Kinder & 1st grade. We then moved to the Dubois Street, in the North Clairemont area. The last place we lived in was up by Mesa Community College on Auburndale. The school I went to that taught Spanish was Longfellow, over by Tecolote Canyon Park.

point loma is beautiful ..... good location!
12-17-2007 04:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.