Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Anyone know any Southaven Police who might help a Tiger out?
Bookmark and Share
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
Anyone know any Southaven Police who might help a Tiger out?
Got a ticket last night with a outragous fine on it and I was going to see if someone knew anyone who might could help me get it dismissed. I have no driving record as far as tickets go and I rolled through a stop sign ( I thought I stopped) in a parking lot. He gave me a ticket anywho....$250.00 ticket.

Anyone know anyone?
12-12-2007 01:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OneShiningMoment Away
MT.org's Smartass and Dumbass

I Root For: OnCampusStadium

Donators
RE: Anyone know any Southaven Police who might help a Tiger out?
With no driving record, an attorney would be your better bet to get it dismissed. However, you may still have to pay court cost. Of course, you would have to pay attorney's fee unless you're a good friend of the attorney.

Good luck.
12-12-2007 04:51 PM
GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Egads!!!...$250 for rolling through a Stop sign? 04-jawdrop

Good luck on taking care of that. 03-banghead
12-13-2007 12:11 PM
Advertisement

uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
If I go to court, I still have to pay it plus court costs plus cost for driving class. I think I'll just pay it.

Get this though, how many times have you read about someone being killed by someone street racing down Goodman Rd.??? I know in the last 5 years or so I can think of reading that plenty of times in the newspaper. The fine for that.....$204.00

It is more discouraging to roll a stop sign than to drag race in Southaven.
12-13-2007 12:31 PM
FORealTigerFan Offline
Say What?

I Root For: Beer
That sucks. What a freakin christmas present from the Southaven police department. Most of the cops in desoto county are worms. I wish I could help ya but I don't know anybody over there.
12-13-2007 02:04 PM
OneShiningMoment Away
MT.org's Smartass and Dumbass

I Root For: OnCampusStadium

Donators
uofmcamaro Wrote:If I go to court, I still have to pay it plus court costs plus cost for driving class. I think I'll just pay it.

Get this though, how many times have you read about someone being killed by someone street racing down Goodman Rd.??? I know in the last 5 years or so I can think of reading that plenty of times in the newspaper. The fine for that.....$204.00

It is more discouraging to roll a stop sign than to drag race in Southaven.

Not trying to tell you what to do but would you rather:

1) plead guilty, pay $250 and court cost, and having a moving violation on your record (which means you will have one less free pass before your insurance possibly going up if you ever get more tickets)

or

2) try to have ticket dismissed (it's not a guarantee but you should talk to your attorney to see what your chances are), pay court cost, pay attorney fee (could be or may not be cheaper than the $250 fine), have no moving viiolation on your record.

Again, just pointing out your options and not telling you how to take care of the situation.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2007 02:48 PM by OneShiningMoment.)
12-13-2007 02:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.