12-11-2007 05:22 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC
RE: Petrino to Arkansas Rumor?
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3150783

Where will Petrino be the year after next? Arkansas next year. The following year? 03-lmfao
12-11-2007 05:30 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Petrino the pop tart..
12-11-2007 06:21 PM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
Multiple posters on UofL boards in the last couple months or so said that his wife made plans to move back to Louisville and that the family never wanted to leave.

Supposedly she never liked living in Atlanta, and the even more time Bobby put into this NFL job left her more neglected then when he was a college coach.

I don’t know for sure, but perhaps some of this has to do with a compromise from Bobby to help save his marriage.
12-11-2007 06:29 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Bob to AK is a done deal according to local TV.
12-11-2007 06:42 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
That guy is so flaky.
12-11-2007 08:07 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
CatsClaw Wrote:That guy is so flaky.

I think the guy has ADHD. And I am not kidding.
12-11-2007 08:33 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

cuseroc Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:That guy is so flaky.

I think the guy has ADHD. And I am not kidding.

You seriously might be on to something cuse. There is talk in one of the threads on the Cincinnati board I believe, that said his wife never wanted to leave Louisville and has a home there. And this might be a compromise to keep the marriage together. I thought it was stupid of him to leave Louisville. He built Louisville into a national power, was on pace to win a national championship, was a kingpin in a BCS conference that was improving by the day, and was in position to solidify his legacy as a great coach.
12-11-2007 09:05 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

The guy is a great college coach. Some people always see greener grass however.
12-11-2007 09:18 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
CollegeCard Wrote:The guy is a great college coach. Some people always see greener grass however.

Spurrrier want to the pros and returned. Saban went to the pros and returned. Now Petrino has done the same. The Arkansas AD better get a hundred million dollar buyout in the contract if he leaves. I hear he is already negotiating with SYRACUSE for 2009. 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao
12-11-2007 09:39 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
What a bunch of looney stuff. You guys take the fact that petrino may change jobs and morph it into the idea that he is saving his frickin marriage when you have no clue about the state of his marriage. No wonder we have people making up expansion threads over here.
12-12-2007 04:55 AM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
TopCoog Wrote:What a bunch of looney stuff. You guys take the fact that petrino may change jobs and morph it into the idea that he is saving his frickin marriage when you have no clue about the state of his marriage. No wonder we have people making up expansion threads over here.

Top Coog, his kids still live in Louisville-(As a matter of fact his son is getting ready to start at Trinity HS here in Louisville) and unfortunately there is a lot of stuff around here about his marriage.
12-12-2007 06:43 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Petrino can coach, but he's a first class turd.
12-12-2007 08:20 AM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
Petrino doing Falcons a favor
By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
December 11, 2007

From a distance, Bobby Petrino's sudden resignation as coach of the Atlanta Falcons would appear to be more chaos for the wounded franchise, just a day removed from learning that suspended quarterback Michael Vick had been sentenced to 23 months in prison.

From a closer view, Petrino's departure might be a blessing.

After Petrino got his Nick Saban on by leaving for Arkansas on Tuesday, the reaction from Falcons veterans had to be relief, not angst. Petrino's aloof, standoffish style was accentuated by what some veteran players believed were questionable tactics.

The tactics were questioned by cornerback DeAngelo Hall and tight end Alge Crumpler earlier in the season, Crumpler raising the issue of whether Petrino was coaching to win at one point. Hall, fined $100,000 and suspended by the team for the first quarter of play against the Houston Texans in Week 4 after a run-in with the coaching staff, demanded a trade in September, two sources told Yahoo! Sports at the time.

There was even some belief that Hall, the No. 8 overall pick in 2004 and one of the top cover men in the league, might sit out part of next season if he had not been dealt and Petrino had returned. After the news Tuesday, one person close to Hall said the corner, Atlanta's best player, might be in the mood to do an extension with the Falcons now.

Bottom line: The Falcons (3-10) were one unhappy bunch and the ill will went beyond the usual complaints about losing.

"This is the worst year I've ever had in football," one veteran player said. "It's just miserable. I think (Petrino) had a clue about offense, but he couldn't communicate with anybody. You'd talk to him and it was almost as if he would stare at you and not get what you were talking about. He's a strange guy."

That player went even further, claiming that Atlanta owner Arthur Blank had told some of the veteran leaders on the team, including Crumpler and running back Warrick Dunn, that the team had made a mistake in hiring Petrino.

That conflicts with what Blank was saying Monday night during the Falcons' fourth straight loss, a 34-14 dismantling at the hands of the New Orleans Saints. Blank talked supportively about Petrino, even backing up Petrino's theories about taking a quarterback in the first round in April's NFL draft, but not playing him right away.

"I feel real fortunate we have a terrific guy leading our team, our CEO, in Bobby Petrino," Blank said Monday night before the game. "I think he's proven to me he's a better head coach than we thought he was going to be, dealing with a set of cards we didn't see unfold this year, which probably never in the history of the NFL has anything like this happened. Bobby has done a wonderful job dealing with all of these issues. He's kept the players focused."

There has been plenty of speculation since Vick's legal troubles heated up in the summer that Petrino would take Louisville quarterback Brian Brohm. Petrino recruited and coached Brohm at Louisville before leaving for Atlanta.

That speculation was put on hold as quickly as Petrino could take millions from Arkansas and join Saban in walking away from the NFL for the college ranks. Unlike Saban, who spent two years with the Dolphins and had the courtesy to finish his second season with the Dolphins before going to Alabama, Petrino abruptly ended one of the shortest coaching tenures by a coach who was not an interim.

This leaves the Falcons, who have been below .500 in 32 of the franchise's 42 seasons, back searching for another head coach. Petrino had been brought in to tutor Vick originally, only to see that plan go up in smoke.

Whoever the new coach is – defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and offensive coordinator Hue Jackson are the obvious interim candidates – expect him to have an offensive background. The Falcons, who have gone through three starting quarterbacks this season, need to rebuild much of the offense and will still likely draft a quarterback.

Among NFL offensive coordinators, Jason Garrett of the Dallas Cowboys and Brian Schottenheimer of the New York Jets, are usually referred to as among the top young minds in the game. On defense, Jim Caldwell of the Indianapolis Colts and Jim Schwartz of the Tennessee Titans are also considered viable candidates.

This article appeared on the Yahoo Sports website on Tuesday, December 11, 2007.
12-12-2007 01:15 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Did you guys watch Hall ripping Petrino on ESPN last night? That guy left some bad vibes in ATL this year. I think the man is just a pure snake with no loyalty whatsoever. I hope Ark get theirs asses beat in the SEC. SEC is full of snakes right now with Saban, Petrino and Miles.
12-12-2007 02:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

TopCoog Wrote:What a bunch of looney stuff. You guys take the fact that petrino may change jobs and morph it into the idea that he is saving his frickin marriage when you have no clue about the state of his marriage. No wonder we have people making up expansion threads over here.

It's interesting that you run over here and run your mouth about us "morphing" things into ideas. We have actually heard stuff about his marriage for awhile. I thought it wasn't true until it was brought up again. This has nothing to do with people making up rumors because he is switching jobs and this has nothing to do with expansion threads. I actually heard rumors about Bob Huggins having a drinking problem 2 years before that DUI incident so it's not like it's unheard of for us to hear rumors about these guys lives. Why don't you run back over to the C-USA board and stop embarassing yourself.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2007 04:13 PM by CatsClaw.)
12-12-2007 04:07 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

SF Husky Wrote:Did you guys watch Hall ripping Petrino on ESPN last night? That guy left some bad vibes in ATL this year. I think the man is just a pure snake with no loyalty whatsoever. I hope Ark get theirs asses beat in the SEC. SEC is full of snakes right now with Saban, Petrino and Miles.

Man that was rough. I don't blame Hall at all. The situation with Petrino was ridiculous. He called Blank to say he was resigning, never met him face-to-face. And, reportedly, he never told the players he was leaving and there was even a rumor that his assistant coaches didn't know he was leaving Atlanta for Arkansas!
12-12-2007 04:11 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Would you want to be the head man in Atlanta now? I wouldn't. 07-coffee3
12-12-2007 06:41 PM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

CatsClaw Wrote:

It's interesting that you run over here and run your mouth about us "morphing" things into ideas. We have actually heard stuff about his marriage for awhile. I thought it wasn't true until it was brought up again. This has nothing to do with people making up rumors because he is switching jobs and this has nothing to do with expansion threads.

Exactly.

I was just throwing that out there for non-UofL fans here that didn't know that apparently things aren't too rosy with the family.

TopPooP, as usual, you come to this board and add nothing. Go back to the CUSA board and open up a poll or something. Here, I'll even give you a topic you can take back:

What sucks worse:

A. CUSA Basketball
B. CUSA Football

03-lmfao
12-12-2007 08:19 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Patrino is getting what he deserves in the media. He is getting hammered. When classy guys like Warrick Dunn come out and said this guy is fake along with many Falcon players, this can't be good. How will this guy recruit? What kind of parents would trust their kids with this guy? He will say he will be there for 4 years but you know he is lying. He is lying when he opens his mouth. I can't believe how ridiculous this whole situation is. Even Arthur Blank came out and ripped this guy today.

I hope his career go into flames and all the top recruits don't play for him. He can't be trusted and he is sending a very bad message to all the kids. Why would anyone want this guy to be their role model?
12-13-2007 03:46 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.