Thread Closed 
Orange Koolaid
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Orange Koolaid
Borrowed from long time Scout poster PhatOrange:
http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=185#s=...m=18111288

Individual numbers of course considering as a team we stink.

*Return 16 of 22 starters according to final depth chart

*Return 35 of the 44 players listed on final two deep (obviously does not include players out with injury)

TM edit: Starting Players out with season ending injuries: 4 star RBs: Delone Carter and Curtis Brinkley, 2 star DE sleeper sensation: Jared Kimmel all three will be Sophomores are not included in the nums below.

*27 players were sophomores or younger

*Return 12 of the top 15 tacklers

*Andrew Robinson should improve in his second year. (2007 - .523%; 2,192 yards; 13 TD’s; 7 INTS)
*His 2,192 passing yards rank 5th in SU history/season
*154 completions rank 6th in SU history/season
*13 Touchdown passes rank 9th in SU history/season

*Mike Williams
*10 TD catches are 3rd all time in SU season
*14 TD catches are already 6th all time at Syracuse
*60 catches in a season ties with Kevin Johnson for most all time/season
*837 yards is 8th most in a season

*Mike Williams (837 yds) and Taj Smith (822 yds) are the 3rd most productive receiving duo in a season in Syracuse history and both players ‘should’ return.

*Art Jones
*3rd all time Syracuse single season with 17.5 TFL (with one DNP)
*Ranked 2nd in BE and 9th nationally with 1.59 TFL per game
*His 17.5 TFL as a starter placed him 1st all time among Syracuse rookies.

Special Teams

*Fat Pat Shadle currently has the highest field goal percentage in Syracuse history .787%

*Rob Long as a rookie avg. 41.9 per punt. Of 73 punts he had 8 Touchbacks, 22 FC and 21 Inside the 20. 3,139 yards in a season ranks 3rd all time in an SU season – not sure if we gave up any blocks

****when you look at the youth, the number of returning players with substantial game experinece and the individual numbers there is reason for optimism. The players need to gain confidence and an attitude that 'knows' it's going to win.

If we can only find a running game the program will do a 180.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2007 07:16 PM by TexanMark.)
12-04-2007 07:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Orange Koolaid
More defensive prowess wouldn't hurt any either.
12-04-2007 07:18 PM
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
TexanMark Wrote:*Fat Pat Shadle currently has the highest field goal percentage in Syracuse history .787%

Are you sure that's not his BMI?

I can't believe he has a better percentage than Gary Anderson or Olindo Mare.
12-04-2007 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

This just in:

Brian White is out as Offensive Coordinator...early rumor is Mitch Browning but another source (with team connections) has it as another name with past Syr connections (can't name it as it is premium board info)
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2007 08:52 PM by TexanMark.)
12-04-2007 08:50 PM
cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

Donators
TexanMark Wrote:This just in:

Brian White is out as Offensive Coordinator...early rumor is Mitch Browning but another source (with team connections) has it as another name with past Syr connections (can't name it as it is premium board info)

05-nono

The only person that should have been fired was the head coach, and maybe the DC. White was a proven OC in Robinsons west coast offense, from his days as Wisconsins OC.
12-05-2007 10:10 AM
Advertisement

mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
How many OCs has Robinson had?
12-05-2007 11:23 AM
cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

Donators
mattsarz Wrote:How many OCs has Robinson had?

Brian Pariani was one, then there is Brian White. I dont know if there was another, but his staff has had many turnovers since he has been head coach. This next OC will be the 3rd in 4 years at least. Not to mention the other coaches like the qb coaches and the O-line coaches. Some folks will say that these people have moved on, but I say that many of these folks had no choice as Robinson has been just passing the buck and blaming everyone else except his own lousy coaching abilities.

One Cuse fan posted on another board, that " It has to be very demoralizing when you are fired by someone who has demostrated that he is less qualified at his job than you are".
12-05-2007 12:06 PM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
cuseroc Wrote:The only person that should have been fired was the head coach, and maybe the DC. White was a proven OC in Robinsons west coast offense, from his days as Wisconsins OC.

Based on the way you played against us (scoring 31 and allowing 52), I would think the other way around as well 01-wingedeagle
12-05-2007 01:15 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
cuseroc Wrote:

Brian Pariani was one, then there is Brian White. I dont know if there was another, but his staff has had many turnovers since he has been head coach. This next OC will be the 3rd in 4 years at least. Not to mention the other coaches like the qb coaches and the O-line coaches. Some folks will say that these people have moved on, but I say that many of these folks had no choice as Robinson has been just passing the buck and blaming everyone else except his own lousy coaching abilities.

One Cuse fan posted on another board, that " It has to be very demoralizing when you are fired by someone who has demostrated that he is less qualified at his job than you are".

What I wanted to point out is that continuity is important for some of these kids. Some of the guys are learning their 2nd or 3rd offense in a four year span.
12-05-2007 01:23 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

Donators
mattsarz Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:

What I wanted to point out is that continuity is important for some of these kids. Some of the guys are learning their 2nd or 3rd offense in a four year span.

I totally agree.
12-05-2007 04:25 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

Besides DC3 looking like he is coming back--the latest news is:

4 star LB Jermaine Pierce wants to come back and play (he has a history of blood clotting issues), Ofcourse SU and the Doctors will have to allow him.
12-06-2007 04:16 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.