Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
BCS Bowl selection
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
BCS Bowl selection
Hawaii is in, headed to the Sugar Bowl against, I would guess, Georgia. I would love to see West Virginia vs Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl, hopefully it happens!
12-02-2007 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: BCS Bowl selection
Illinois getting an at-large bid clinches Ohio State to the title game.
12-02-2007 08:15 PM
UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
West Virginia vs Oklahoma in Fiesta Bowl
12-02-2007 08:21 PM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
Crybaby Les Miles and LSU get rewarded for losing to Kentucky, and Arkansas (in Baton Rouge) by getting a chance to play for the National Championship a few miles down the road in New Orleans. 03-shhhh

….gotta love the BCS. 01-wingedeagle
12-02-2007 08:53 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I gotta tell you I have NEVER been a fan of Ohio State and I like LSU as a school and team but after listeing to Miles this entire year. I CANT FRICKIN stand him.
Go Buckeyes!!!!!
12-02-2007 08:57 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I agree Cuban, the guy is a whiner.  Also take into account he basically trashed USC and the Pac-10 prior to the start of the season claiming they had an easier path to the title, and then the bush league way he handled the Michigan situation and wow.  I want Ohio State to beat them now!
12-02-2007 09:13 PM
Advertisement

bearcatstubb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
How about Missouri beating Kansas and then seeing Kansas get the BCS Bid...That had to hurt
12-02-2007 09:35 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
Missouri got screwed. 04-jawdrop 03-nutkick They had a .9751 Harris rating and a .8500 CPU. They also beat Kansas who's scores were all lower than Kansas. They should been in the BCS instead of Kansas. No offense Kansas and congratulations any way. The Coaches poll really sucked up to LSU, VT, and Oklahoma too, trying to push their agendas and their conference leaders for the Championship game. 03-puke You can see it in the voting verses the Harris poll.

As for the BE the conference, it did pretty good with 4 teams in the top 25. West Virginia actually did very good in the Harris pole despite their loss this week. Good work NBE.

04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2007 09:43 PM by panite.)
12-02-2007 09:42 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Once again fans have to realize that Bowls pick on who they think will bring more fans and thus dollars to their game. Mizzou has not traveled well in last couple of games and thtas why kansas was chosen over them.
12-02-2007 10:08 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
Missouri was definitely screwed. They were punished for making the title game and losing to OU. No way Kansas beats Oklahoma, but they get the bid over Missouri - a team that beat them.

Makes zero sense.
12-02-2007 10:26 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC
wvucrazed Wrote:Missouri was definitely screwed. They were punished for making the title game and losing to OU. No way Kansas beats Oklahoma, but they get the bid over Missouri - a team that beat them.

Makes zero sense.

Kansas and Hawaii have figured out the BCS. Play a crap schedule!!
12-02-2007 10:46 PM
Advertisement

BugsyCT Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
wvucrazed Wrote:Missouri was definitely screwed. They were punished for making the title game and losing to OU. No way Kansas beats Oklahoma, but they get the bid over Missouri - a team that beat them.

Makes zero sense.

They were the #1 team in the nation going in and not only lose a berth in the NC game, but any BCS bid. Kansas and Ohio State get rewarded simply for being idle this weekend.

You gotta love this system. 03-lmfao01-wingedeagle
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2007 12:08 AM by BugsyCT.)
12-03-2007 12:08 AM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
BugsyCT Wrote:

Makes zero sense.

They were the #1 team in the nation going in and not only lose a berth in the NC game, but any BCS bid. Kansas and Ohio State get rewarded simply for being idle this weekend.

You gotta love this system. 03-lmfao01-wingedeagle

KU actually was penalized in the BCS standings for not playing this weekend....they dropped 3 places. they were rewarded for having a larger fanbase and better name recognition than mizzou.
12-03-2007 12:16 AM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC
KU actually was penalized in the BCS standings for not playing this weekend....they dropped 3 places. they were rewarded for having a larger fanbase and better name recognition than mizzou.
[/quote]

KU has better name recognition than Mizzou? You are talking about basketball, right?

04-cheers04-cheers
12-03-2007 12:27 AM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
WRT to fans, recognition and traveling, KU vs. MU would be a push wouldn't you think?
12-03-2007 10:57 AM
LaRue777 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU,ECU,MI
It will be interesting to see how WVU handles what could arguably as tough a test as any. It wouldn't be too difficult to swap Oklahoma in for either LSU or OSU. I for one would be more comfortable playing either of the teams in the NC (or VT).

Which of the Oklahoma team will show up? The one that beat some of the best or the one that let down against lesser teams?
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2007 11:04 AM by LaRue777.)
12-03-2007 11:03 AM
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
The Rose Bowl screwed up the BCS as predicted. Stubbornly sticking to their precious tradition, they picked an overmatched 9-3 Illinois team for the Rose Bowl, which ends up screwing 10-2 Arizona State and their home conference, the Pac-10, out of nearly five million dollars. I would be completely livid if I was running the Pac-10. The Rose Bowl hit them in the bank account big time. Simply amazing.

USC is going to completely pimpstomp Illinois. They are not ready for the BCS at this point in their development. It would have been a much more interesting game for Ron Zook to lead them against Florida as had been previously projected. The Rose Bowl should have picked 10-2 Missouri, 10-2 West Virginia, or 12-0 Hawaii and went with the better game. Oh. Kansas allegedly travels better than Missouri.
12-03-2007 12:00 PM
LaRue777 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU,ECU,MI
I bet that the Big Ten and Pac Ten have some sort of back room agreement to do something like this if this type of situation comes up. Put Illinois at 10-2 and ASU at 9-3 with USC and LSU in the NC and I bet the Rose Bowl takes ASU.

I'm sure the Big Ten owes them one.
12-03-2007 12:17 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Illinois gonna get drilled by USC. USC is looking pretty tough lately with that D. Michigan gonna get slaughtered vs. Florida. Ohio St might have a chance to beat LSU, but most likely they will lose in a LSU home game. Bowl season will expose B10 as just a bad conference.
12-03-2007 12:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
A backroom deal is about the only way this makes any sense. I could never otherwise understand how the Rose Bowl would knowingly screw the Pac-10 out of about five million dollars and basically give all that loot to the Big Ten instead. The worst thing about it is that the Pac-10 seems to get screwed by the BCS almost every other year going back to when a two-loss Nebraska that did not even play for the Big 12 championship ended up making the BCS Title Game over Joey Harrington's second-ranked Oregon team and, of course, got absolutely annihilated at the hands of Miami.
12-03-2007 12:30 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.