Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Robinson Stays
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
Robinson Stays
02-13-banana :pbjtime:Just read an ESPN article. Robinson gets another year at Cuse.

02-13-banana 02-13-banana 04-cheers

Orange reprieve: Greg Robinson gets a fourth year at Syracuse

November 28, 2007

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) -- Greg Robinson will have another season to get Syracuse turned around.

Athletic director Daryl Gross said Wednesday that Robinson will remain as coach in 2008, despite leading the Orange to through the worst three-year stretch in the history of the program.

Robinson, who became a head coach for the first time in his 30-year coaching career when he succeeded Paul Pasqualoni in January 2005, is 7-28 and 2-19 in the Big East.

Robinson's teams have gone 1-10, 4-8 and 2-10. In those 28 losses, Syracuse has been outscored by 514 points.

:kneelsucka: :noisycricket: 03-woohoo :rocker: :dance: :clap2: 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2007 06:40 PM by panite.)
11-28-2007 06:18 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Robinson Stays
congrats cuse.. glad no one took away your coach.
11-28-2007 07:20 PM
cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
01-lauramac2
11-28-2007 07:21 PM
cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

Donators
01-lauramac2 01-lauramac2 01-lauramac2

03-hissyfit 03-hissyfit 03-hissyfit

01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle
11-28-2007 07:22 PM
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Crappies
Does Robinson have some major dirt on someone or something???? Wow......
11-28-2007 07:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
i'm not too surprised, as robinson goes so does gross. gross needs him to succeed so the move to hire him doesn't look as inept as it actually is. if cuse fired him now, which is what he deserves, gross would also be on thin ice since he hand picked him, so he'll get every oppurtunity to keep his job. it's tough to be a cuse football fan right now, hopefully next year's schedule is more manageable.
11-28-2007 07:30 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
USFMike Wrote:hopefully next year's schedule is more manageable.

I think these are four of the five OOC games

at Northwestern
Akron
Penn St.
at Notre Dame
11-28-2007 07:43 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
mattsarz Wrote:
USFMike Wrote:hopefully next year's schedule is more manageable.

I think these are four of the five OOC games

at Northwestern
Akron
Penn St.
at Notre Dame

not too bad you might even be favored against the golden domers
11-28-2007 07:52 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
who knows... maybe next year he'll turn it around. Sometimes it takes awhile... look at Frank Beamer.
11-28-2007 08:20 PM
Advertisement

zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead

03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead
11-28-2007 08:37 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
probably add greg shiano to that list as well, if cuse beats notre dame it'll help start bring fans back to the games. but i still think it might be too little too late for robinson and company. maybe coughlin will be available by then.
11-28-2007 08:53 PM
St. Patrick Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I think it is time for the AD to be let go. What numbers or facts can he possibly point to for him to keep coach Robinson? He has brought Syracuse football to record lows in every aspect. I feel for Cuse fans, they deserve alot better then to just throw next year away.
11-28-2007 09:05 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
He beat Kragtrhorpe!03-puke
11-28-2007 09:53 PM
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
Orange reprieve: Greg Robinson gets a fourth year at Syracuse
By JOHN KEKIS, AP Sports Writer
November 28, 2007

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) -- Greg Robinson will have another season to get Syracuse turned around.

Athletic director Daryl Gross announced Wednesday that Robinson will remain as coach in 2008, despite leading the Orange through the worst three-year stretch in the history of the program, including the first two 10-loss seasons in school history.

"I have evaluated our football program now that the 2007 season has concluded and want to make clear that Greg Robinson remains Syracuse University's head football coach," Gross wrote in an e-mail. "Nevertheless, I have set a bar of significant expectations for all of our programs, and like our players, fans, and supporters, I was very disappointed with the outcome of this season, along with our overall record the past three years."

Robinson, who said he had extensive discussions with Gross about the future of the program, hinted there could be changes on his staff "to maximize the substantial talent we have on our roster to achieve success."

Robinson's teams have gone 1-10, 4-8, and 2-10, and been outscored by 514 points in the 28 losses.

Gross said he sought input from current student-athletes, former players such as Floyd Little and Art Monk, former head coach Dick MacPherson, alumni and fans.

"Despite our collective disappointment with this season, those I talked with agreed with me that stability is tremendously important to our program, specifically as it relates to recruiting, and stabilizing and building solid classes of student-athletes," Gross said. "We also recognize that as deeply as the SU community wants to win, we are a place of integrity and commitment, and that it is important to provide our head coaches with a legitimate and reasonable time frame in which to demonstrate progress."

So far, not much progress has been evident on the field. Robinson, who became a head coach for the first time in his 30-year coaching career when he succeeded Paul Pasqualoni in January 2005, is 2-19 in the Big East.

Improvement was expected this fall after the Orange finished 4-8 in 2006. Instead, they put up these sorry numbers: 1-6 and last in the Big East; 63 yards rushing and 292 yards of offense per game; nine sacks and 54 sacks allowed; 16 points per game and 35 points allowed per game; and 469 yards allowed per game.

All of those statistics rank 107th or worse among the 119 teams that play at college football's top level.

"I had substantial expectations coming into this season, expectations that were not met," Robinson said. "As head coach, I take full responsibility for that, as I should.

"I share the community's desire for a winning program, and there is no one that wants to win more than I do," Robinson said. "I have won before and I expect to win again. I know we have the talent, heart and commitment to bring Syracuse football back, and I plan to make that happen."

This article appeared on the Yahoo Sports website on Wednesday, November 28, 2007.
11-28-2007 11:15 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Sorry Syracuse fans. And Krapthrope should also be sorry, for giving GRob his only Big East road win.....ever.
11-29-2007 12:21 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

The decision was made due to the fact GRob reall has only had two seasons of recruits. The first year were mostly Coach Pasqualoni's recruits. They want to allow him one more year. If you look at our depth chart it is the young guys making the plays. Even with GRob coaching we should win 4 games easily next season. However 4 games won't keep him employed.
11-29-2007 10:01 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Syracuse fans, you have my sympathy. I'm sorry for your loss. Maybe one day you will recover your football program. But for now, it is lost.
11-29-2007 07:55 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.