Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QUOTE TO NOTE (BJ)
Bookmark and Share
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CMU
QUOTE TO NOTE (BJ)
"We're holding open tryouts on campus this week for our secondary, so be there with your pads on." -- Central Michigan coach Butch Jones, talking about the Chippewas' short-handed defensive backfield heading into the MAC championship game against Miami.
11-28-2007 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SCCHIP Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: THE CHIPPEWAS
RE: QUOTE TO NOTE (BJ)
Can't no eligibility left
11-28-2007 02:14 PM
BarnardHall211 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: the Chippewas
In other words, it's going to be an ugly bowl game for us.
11-28-2007 02:32 PM
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

It's funny you mention that, because the feelings I get as BJ being the coach, is NOT feeling too confident as a fan and I would assume the players read these quotes, especially the secondary and instead of the "Next Man In" approach...it;s probably the "You'll be on the bench if you 'F' up" approach.
11-28-2007 02:47 PM
WarHawks Offline
Bench Warmer

SCCHIP Wrote:Can't no eligibility left

Me either. Damn. 03-yes
11-28-2007 02:52 PM
CMUMAN95 Offline
Water Engineer

Where was that quote from?
11-28-2007 03:59 PM
Advertisement

ChipFB Offline
2nd String

CMUMAN95 Wrote:Where was that quote from?
foxsports.com, under CMU Team Report.
11-28-2007 04:08 PM
SCCHIP Offline
Bench Warmer

Well, in college I was DB size. Now I'm closer to linebacker weight. No more muscle. Didn't grow any taller just "bulked," up to linebacker weight. Damn beer
11-28-2007 04:13 PM
WarHawks Offline
Bench Warmer

SCCHIP Wrote:Well, in college I was DB size. Now I'm closer to linebacker weight. No more muscle. Didn't grow any taller just "bulked," up to linebacker weight. Damn beer

Yeah, me too. But... damn... that beer sure is good!! 04-cheers
11-28-2007 04:33 PM
SCCHIP Offline
Bench Warmer

Yeah, me too. But... damn... that beer sure is good!! 04-cheers
[/quote]

You drink beer for the taste? 04-jawdrop
:drinky2:

Yeah, me too 04-cheers
11-28-2007 04:40 PM
ChipWatcher Offline
Water Engineer

ChipFB Wrote:"You'll be on the bench if you 'F' up" approach.

That sums up BJ's style most excellently!
11-28-2007 10:19 PM
Advertisement

Rowdylikewhat Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Hopefully the revolving door moves a little slower this week then.
11-29-2007 12:47 AM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
Hey guys -

I hope everybody realizes that BJ was joking when he made that remark. The remark was in response to a question about the secondary's injuries and being shorthanded.
11-29-2007 07:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SCCHIP Offline
Bench Warmer

HuronDave Wrote:Hey guys -

I hope everybody realizes that BJ was joking when he made that remark. The remark was in response to a question about the secondary's injuries and being shorthanded.

Yeah but it's still fun to joke about his making a joke. Kind of like the MAC Report's final power rankings. BSU #1 Seriously? Ahead of the team that destroyed them at home? Really? You guys ought to do a little better job. I guess you have to promote them so someone gets a bowl when Miami looses this weekend.
11-29-2007 07:42 AM
midlandchip Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
I think everyone understands that comment was meant as a joke Dave. It just looks like folks are having a little fun with it.

Hell, if it weren't for my advanced age, bad back, poor left leg, high blood pressure and the fact that I can't do a single push up and am over weight I would be out there. However, I'm going to start a conditioning program tomorrow in hopes of trying out next fall.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2007 09:24 AM by midlandchip.)
11-29-2007 09:24 AM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
SCCHIP Wrote:

Yeah but it's still fun to joke about his making a joke. Kind of like the MAC Report's final power rankings. BSU #1 Seriously? Ahead of the team that destroyed them at home? Really? You guys ought to do a little better job. I guess you have to promote them so someone gets a bowl when Miami looses this weekend.

As I stated elsewhere, the power ratings are the opinion of one of our writers. Diversity of opinion makes for better reading. If everything was my opinion I would just do a blog. We have a staff of writers and we encourage them to add their input and I would never squelch differing views.

We are not promoting anybody over anybody else. C'mon. Chill out over it.
11-29-2007 09:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuronDave Offline
Heisman

DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
midlandchip Wrote:I think everyone understands that comment was meant as a joke Dave. It just looks like folks are having a little fun with it.

Hell, if it weren't for my advanced age, bad back, poor left leg, high blood pressure and the fact that I can't do a single push up and am over weight I would be out there. However, I'm going to start a conditioning program tomorrow in hopes of trying out next fall.

That's cool. I was the one who solicited that quote and just wanted to ensure that it was being received in the proper context.
11-29-2007 09:34 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
HuronDave Wrote:
midlandchip Wrote:I think everyone understands that comment was meant as a joke Dave. It just looks like folks are having a little fun with it.

That's cool. I was the one who solicited that quote and just wanted to ensure that it was being received in the proper context.

Oh, it was, Dave. My grandmother could play better defense, and she's not only injured, but dead! How's that for "context?"
11-29-2007 11:30 AM
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

Dave...we were just having a little fun...that's all. No one in their right mind would assume any coach at this time would hold open try outs.

We have an excellent defense...it's called "Dan LeFevour".
11-29-2007 11:54 AM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
ChipFB Wrote:

Dave...we were just having a little fun...that's all. No one in their right mind would assume any coach at this time would hold open try outs.

We have an excellent defense...it's called "Dan LeFevour".

I know. I just wanted to make sure nobody here thought that Jones was doggin' his secondary with those remarks.

Me? I'm a little slow on the uptake today personally. 03-melodramatic
11-29-2007 02:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.