Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Zune vs Ipod
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Duke Blue Devil
Zune vs Ipod
which is better and why?

If I want to get into the whole legal download music world...which do I want? (leave Apple vs. Microsoft alone-I want device vs device)
11-27-2007 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators
RE: Zune vs Ipod
11-27-2007 07:45 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
Laettners Legacy Wrote:which is better and why?

If I want to get into the whole legal download music world...which do I want? (leave Apple vs. Microsoft alone-I want device vs device)

Neither...

They both limited what you can and cannot play and to a certain extent how you get your music.

Get a Creative or Archos player. They both are open to all formats.
11-27-2007 08:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
zune's are ugly, ipod's are cool. but seriously it depends on what you wanna do with it.
11-27-2007 08:00 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
THe 30gb Zune's were pretty affordable @ $200 ...but @ 30gb I'd almost have it full on initial download. So basically I'm looking at $250 for the 80gb Zune.

I rip all my cd's into WMP so the Zune is more friendly to what i already do on my computer.

I wouldn't mind hearing from folks who have used a Zune to go into what they like/dislike about it.
11-27-2007 08:29 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Im no expert but Id avoid both, find whatever mp3 player gives you the most bang for your buck.
11-27-2007 08:35 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Both are highly proprietary ... it's just that Microsoft is downright evil about it, and Apple is more subtle. I'll take my Sansa e250.
11-27-2007 08:50 PM
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

flyingswoosh Wrote:zune's are ugly, ipod's are cool. but seriously it depends on what you wanna do with it.

what do you mean? other then playing music what do they have?

I know you can watch tv shows on Ipod.

are Ipods bad for ripping cd's? that is what I am gonna do-I have a nice collection but cd's get scratched and lost so I am gonna burn them to computer then put them on a player. will Itunes/Ipod work for that. I dont get the whole format thing-Attack of the Show had a segment on it
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2007 09:08 PM by Laettners Legacy.)
11-27-2007 09:04 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
My blackberry curve works pretty good as a MP3 player :)

Granted, I can't fit all my music on it since there are no microSD cards big enough to fit it all.
11-27-2007 09:28 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Look at this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?...cat0200000

Two 16 gig players, one is 200 bucks the other is 400, guess which is the Ipod?

Like I said previously im not an expert, the last time I had an mp3 player it was a 64 MB (thats right I said MB) RCA Lyra that I got for Christmas about 7 years ago, but I cant imagine the Ipod being worth twice as much as another player with the same capactiy.
11-27-2007 09:44 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
Laettners Legacy Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:zune's are ugly, ipod's are cool. but seriously it depends on what you wanna do with it.

what do you mean? other then playing music what do they have?

I know you can watch tv shows on Ipod.

are Ipods bad for ripping cd's? that is what I am gonna do-I have a nice collection but cd's get scratched and lost so I am gonna burn them to computer then put them on a player. will Itunes/Ipod work for that. I dont get the whole format thing-Attack of the Show had a segment on it

well, you could get an ipod touch, which has that sweet touch screen and has a really nice internet browser that uses wi-fi signals.

The Zune can wirelessly transfer music to other zune's, which seems kinda gay to me, since most people don't have zune's.

ripping cd's is easy with itunes and coverflow is a really sweet little tool.

A lot depends on what you think of aesthetics. i value it in my electronics. I got an iphone the day it came out and not a day has gone by in which i haven't loved it. Don't listen to these guys about how evil this company is and the underhanded things that company does. just write down exactly what kinds of features you want, how nice you want it to look (all mp3 players not from apple are ugly IMO) and most importantly, how much storage capacity you're looking for.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2007 10:03 PM by flyingswoosh.)
11-27-2007 10:01 PM
Advertisement

Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

like I said in the 1st post-I already picked my side in the Apple/Microsoft debate (viva Jobs)

Attack of show basicaly said Ipod is still the king and get it
11-27-2007 10:20 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

2 things...

1. Hey Swoosh, how did it feel when Apple assraped you by overcharging for the iPhone when it came out and then lowering the price like a month later?

2. I agree with someone above, iPods are overpriced for what you get. The only reason that Apple can charge more is name recognition. If you want to be one of the sheep, get an iPod.

My Archos functions like an external hard drive. You don't need any software to make it work or to hook it up to any computer. I can hook up to anyone's computer, give them anything I want, take from them anything I want, all while charging my player through the USB. It has an 80GB HD, a screen that is twice the size of the standard iPod and costs about $50-100 less.
11-27-2007 10:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
In other words if price/cost effectiveness matters to you at all dont waste your money on an Ipod.
11-27-2007 10:57 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Almost all other MP3 players treat themselves like an external hard drive.
11-27-2007 10:59 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

mlb Wrote:Almost all other MP3 players treat themselves like an external hard drive.

Almost all?

Maybe I am mistaken, but I think most mp3 players require you to have some sort of software along with the player for it to function like a hard drive. With iPods it is iTunes, with Creative it is MediaSource.
11-27-2007 11:18 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
blah Wrote:2 things...

1. Hey Swoosh, how did it feel when Apple assraped you by overcharging for the iPhone when it came out and then lowering the price like a month later?

2. I agree with someone above, iPods are overpriced for what you get. The only reason that Apple can charge more is name recognition. If you want to be one of the sheep, get an iPod.

My Archos functions like an external hard drive. You don't need any software to make it work or to hook it up to any computer. I can hook up to anyone's computer, give them anything I want, take from them anything I want, all while charging my player through the USB. It has an 80GB HD, a screen that is twice the size of the standard iPod and costs about $50-100 less.

it felt fine. i wasn't the least bit upset. i knew what i was getting into as an early adopter. There are negatives to buying electronics when they first come out and i knew that. I still wanted it right away. And it ended up being cool, because i got a $100 gift card as my rebate and i've used it to buy all the music that's been coming out lately.

yeah, maybe you get more storage with other players, but ipods look so much cooler. the other ones look like crap. i've gotten my money's worth out of all my apple products.

i should say that i have no brand loyalty, i just gravitate towards the coolest product.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2007 11:47 PM by flyingswoosh.)
11-27-2007 11:44 PM
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

flyingswoosh Wrote:i should say that i have no brand loyalty, i just gravitate towards the coolest product.

which just happens to be Apple...just about everytime
11-27-2007 11:59 PM
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

doesnt every electronic ever made do that?
11-28-2007 12:00 AM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

Laettners Legacy Wrote:

doesnt every electronic ever made do that?

Usually they wait for a while...6 months, year. Not usually right after that first rush.
11-28-2007 12:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.