11-25-2007 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user
nucleus Offline
Banned

I Root For:
RE: Papa Johns Bowl
Cool,
Either would be good for me.
I don't know much about UCONN, but i do know Cinci was AWESOME at the 1st half of the season. I know you guys might like a better bowl, but us USM fans would really like to play you.
In C-USA we played each other pretty even.
I will NEVER forget the a$$ kicking we got at home by you guys..something like 52-21?
That might be the worst home loss in a decade or more at the ROCK!

Also congrats to West Virginia! You guys will win it all IMHO!04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2007 06:05 PM by nucleus.)
11-25-2007 06:05 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I know Cincy fans will be dissapointed if they have to go there but Cincy will be a TOUGH team for USM to hang with this year.
11-25-2007 06:08 PM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
This is why BE has to take controll of Bir bowl & move it to Tampa. Pay million apiece for C-usa #2. You would get USF vs Tulsa or UCF vs Cin.
11-25-2007 06:11 PM
nucleus Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Yeah,
I know Cinci would be really tough.
We Southern Miss fans are really dissapointed in our season at 7-5.
The only factor I think would really help us, is that we would bring alot to Birmingham since its close by.

Congrats to most all your teams this year, they really played some good ball!

I was shocked at Louisville though!, we would want them the most, but Im not sure they would make a bowl.
11-25-2007 06:21 PM
Advertisement

TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Temple, where do you come up with this nonsense...just out of thin frickin air. The Birmingham bowl is not going to Tampa.
11-25-2007 06:39 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Actually I could see them starting anew Bowl or try to move Toronto to Tampa and convince the ACC to sign up and give up the Boise Bowl.
11-25-2007 06:42 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
TopCoog Wrote:Temple, where do you come up with this nonsense...just out of thin frickin air. The Birmingham bowl is not going to Tampa.

I agree. The Big East needs to add at least one more bowl not move bowls. The teams then have to work on attendence issues at their bowls (some teams have a good following) and they also have to generate enough interest at the local level too to fill the stadiums too. When the stadiums are full the payouts will improve. 05-stirthepot
11-25-2007 07:48 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Southern Miss vs. Cincinnati huh?

Could be interesting, although the Bearcats well may be 15-17 favorites in that game.
11-25-2007 08:10 PM
nucleus Offline
Banned

I Root For:
No way, more like 71/2 at the most.
We will double their fans, and have UAB fans and BAMA fans cheering for us too.
I think it could be a good game, and give Cinci the upmost respect, and they have a great coach.
Rumors are he will be in Michigan next year.
11-25-2007 08:37 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
nucleus Wrote:No way, more like 71/2 at the most.
I think it could be a good game, and give Cinci the upmost respect, and they have a great coach.

The Predictor has UC by 21 over USM.
11-25-2007 09:16 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

I'd say that is still a long shot... he could be in Michigan, but I expect Les Miles to be there.
11-25-2007 09:22 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
Cincinnati and Southern Mississippi have played so many times over the years. I can't see that game being of much interest to the Bearcats fanbase. Many people simply want new and different opponents. Connecticut and Rutgers, on the other hand, have little or no history with the Golden Eagles. Either one of those pairings could be very interesting. And the Big East needs to add a completely new bowl rather than just move a low-tier bowl around.
11-25-2007 11:20 PM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
I'll give you another dumb idea, if BE took control of Toronto game & moved to Indainaplious. You get Rutgers or Cin vs Indaina or Perdue. And in case nobody noticed there no bowls coming, CFB can barely come 6-6 to fill what they got
11-26-2007 05:14 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
templefootballfan Wrote:This is why BE has to take controll of Bir bowl & move it to Tampa. Pay million apiece for C-usa #2. You would get USF vs Tulsa or UCF vs Cin.

I agree... that would be a much better set up...Better $$$ for BE and Cusa.. and to be honest a more even match up..only problem is at 1mil they probably want the BE #3..even at 900k.. the likely could get cusa #2.. and BE could then send #4..
11-26-2007 06:46 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
A Southern Mississippi-Cincinnati match up would be a good bowl game to interest both fan bases. There are still some feelings of rivalry, I'm sure.

I don't think there would be the same kind of fan interest generated by USM-UConn. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2007 08:06 AM by bitcruncher.)
11-26-2007 08:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
bitcruncher Wrote:A Southern Mississippi-Cincinnati match up would be a good bowl game to interest both fan bases. There are still some feelings of rivalry, I'm sure.

I don't think there would be the same kind of fan interest generated by USM-UConn. 07-coffee3

Trust me, on the UC side there would be no interest. The only real rivalry feelings are from when Huggs said he would be happy never having to go to Hattiesburg ever again. A match up with Wake or FSU in the Meineke Bowl is much more interesting. Wake because of the Mauk connection.
11-26-2007 08:57 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
subflea Wrote:
bitcruncher Wrote:A Southern Mississippi-Cincinnati match up would be a good bowl game to interest both fan bases. There are still some feelings of rivalry, I'm sure.

Trust me, on the UC side there would be no interest. The only real rivalry feelings are from when Huggs said he would be happy never having to go to Hattiesburg ever again. A match up with Wake or FSU in the Meineke Bowl is much more interesting. Wake because of the Mauk connection.
I don't remember him saying that. But it sounds like him. I love his warped dry sense of humor.
11-26-2007 09:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Maize Wrote:

The Predictor has UC by 21 over USM.

That's why I guessed 15-17. It's a matter of how they think people will bet, but Vegas' original numbers are very largely computer driven based on power ratings that are not disclosed. I'm guessing that if Sagarin has UC as a 21 point favorite on a neutral field, the power ratings are going to be a large spread as well. What will bring it down possibly is that you don't normally see large spreads in bowl games. However, I'll guarantee now that the Birmingham Bowl will be 1 of the 5 largest spreads of the 32 games. Most bowls are not as big of a mismatch on paper, and that isn't so much a USM thing, it's due to a poor BE bowl lineup resulting in a team playing "down" a bowl from what they deserve.
11-26-2007 11:23 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.