Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Rank the BIG EAST Week 13
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Rank the BIG EAST Week 13
1. WVU - One more game from playing for the BCS Title.
2A. South Florida
2B. Cincinnati
4. UConn
5. Rutgers
6. Pittsburgh
7A. Syracuse
7B. Louisville
11-24-2007 11:06 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Rank the BIG EAST Week 13
My rankings are based on how I think things would pan out on a neutral field... not necessarily based on wins/losses this season.

1. WVU
2. Cincinnati
3. South Florida
4. Rutgers
5. UConn
6. Louisville
7. Pittsburgh
8. Syracuse

By the way, this is the first time I've done one of these all year.
11-24-2007 11:09 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Big East Standings
TEAM CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L
West Virginia 5-1 10-1
Connecticut 5-2 9-3
Cincinnati 4-3 9-3
South Florida 4-3 9-3
Rutgers 3-3 7-4
Louisville 2-4 5-6
Pittsburgh 2-4 4-7
Syracuse 1-6 2-10

The official BE standing. All other rankings mean squat!

This is why they play the game. Teams are judged over the entire season, not one game.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2007 11:19 PM by SF Husky.)
11-24-2007 11:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
I would have to go

1.WVU-obviously
2-3.UC-USF-to close to say who is better
4.UCONN-great season but looked horrible today
5.Rutgers-Has good wins, but also bad losses
6.UL-most dissapointing team in the big east, maybe in the country
7.Pitt-LeSean McCoy is a monster
8.Cuse-get GRob out of there now
11-24-2007 11:30 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
1. WVU. The BE championship still comes thru Morgantown, folks.
2. USF
3. UC
4. UCONN
5. Rutgers
6. Louisville
7. Pittsburgh
8. Syracuse
11-24-2007 11:47 PM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
SF Husky Wrote:Big East Standings
West Virginia 5-1 10-1
Connecticut 5-2 9-3
Cincinnati 4-3 9-3
South Florida 4-3 9-3
Rutgers 3-3 7-4
Louisville 2-4 5-6
Pittsburgh 2-4 4-7
Syracuse 1-6 2-10

This is why they play the game. Teams are judged over the entire season, not one game.
If you are judging teams by the whole season then you would have to put cincy in front of Uconn. Both are 9-3 and Cincy beat uconn pretty bad. By basing it off BE standings you are not judging them by the whole season but by the mere fact that Uconn got their third loss to a mediocre OOC opponent and Cincy got their third loss to a mediocre in conference opponent. I fail to see how that would make Uconn a better team than Cincy.
11-25-2007 12:19 AM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

UltimateCFBfan Wrote:
West Virginia 5-1 10-1
Connecticut 5-2 9-3
Cincinnati 4-3 9-3
South Florida 4-3 9-3
Rutgers 3-3 7-4
Louisville 2-4 5-6
Pittsburgh 2-4 4-7
Syracuse 1-6 2-10

If you are judging teams by the whole season then you would have to put cincy in front of Uconn. Both are 9-3 and Cincy beat uconn pretty bad. By basing it off BE standings you are not judging them by the whole season but by the mere fact that Uconn got their third loss to a mediocre OOC opponent and Cincy got their third loss to a mediocre in conference opponent. I fail to see how that would make Uconn a better team than Cincy.

You made my point for me. If you don't see your own point, I don't know what else to tell you.

Each BE team played 7 opponents, UCONN is 5-2 and Cincy is 4-3. Nothing else matters. If records mean nothing and only head to head, then what's the point of a conference champion? If Cincy is so good, they should have beat UL and Pitt. They lost to both so don't keep making excuses.
11-25-2007 12:24 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

SF Husky Wrote:
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:
West Virginia 5-1 10-1
Connecticut 5-2 9-3
Cincinnati 4-3 9-3
South Florida 4-3 9-3
Rutgers 3-3 7-4
Louisville 2-4 5-6
Pittsburgh 2-4 4-7
Syracuse 1-6 2-10

You made my point for me. If you don't see your own point, I don't know what else to tell you.

Each BE team played 7 opponents, UCONN is 5-2 and Cincy is 4-3. Nothing else matters. If records mean nothing and only head to head, then what's the point of a conference champion? If Cincy is so good, they should have beat UL and Pitt. They lost to both so don't keep making excuses.

BUT head to head they beat the hell out of UConn.

Fact is in two of your losses you got embarrassed while the UC defeats were very close.
11-25-2007 12:30 AM
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
We kicked your butt all over the field, that is what matters to me. If you want to say your team is better than us, have at it.

You know the truth.
11-25-2007 12:31 AM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
Louisville has the talent to beat anyone on any given night. They beat UC and nearly beat WVU, they lost because a Pat White long run (image should be fresh in your head). Hell, Louisville would have beat you guys if it weren't for the missed fair catch. and you almost lost to TEMPLE. UC dominated UCONN, clearly they are the better team, 27-3. I repeat, you only scored 3 points.
11-25-2007 12:38 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Cincy lost to inferior opponents. One of your losses was at home.

UCONN finished ahead of Cincy in the BE. That's all it matters. Everything else is just noise.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2007 12:42 AM by SF Husky.)
11-25-2007 12:41 AM
Advertisement

JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
If the standing are all that matter then why do we even do threads like these? UC would beat Uconn 19 out of 20 games and thats the truth.
11-25-2007 12:54 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

SF Husky Wrote:Cincy lost to inferior opponents. One of your losses was at home.

UCONN finished ahead of Cincy in the BE. That's all it matters. Everything else is just noise.

And Cincinnati is going to finish the regular season ranked and UConn will not. Maybe UConn finished 5-2 because they had a extra conference home game that UC and USF did not have.

Dude, you got your arses handed to you by UC and WVU. Just take it and move on to the Papa John's.com Bowl.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2007 01:03 AM by Maize.)
11-25-2007 01:01 AM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
SF Husky Wrote:
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:
West Virginia 5-1 10-1
Connecticut 5-2 9-3
Cincinnati 4-3 9-3
South Florida 4-3 9-3
Rutgers 3-3 7-4
Louisville 2-4 5-6
Pittsburgh 2-4 4-7
Syracuse 1-6 2-10

No this thread is ranking the Big East teams. Not ranking how the Big East teams played in conference. For some reason you think since Uconn went 9-3 and lost to an OOC opponent that makes them better than UC. Both have the exact same records. Both teams have three losses. Regardless of whether a loss came to Virginia or to Pittsburgh it is still a loss. And on top of that They embarassed you head to head. The only reason the BE standings have Uconn ahead of Cincy is because they only look at in conference records. However we as logical fans can use the whole season to determine who was the best team. And the whole season shows that Uconn and Cincy have the exact same record cincy has a better OOC record and Uconn a better in conference record. We can also see Uconn lost to cincy by 24 points. And they lost to WVU by 45 points while Cincy lost to WVU by 5.
11-25-2007 01:02 AM
SO#1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Connecticut
The Big East for the most part is very balance.
UConn never beat Cincinnati or West Virginia but UC have hard time with Pittsburgh which UConn don’t have problem with. USF manage to beat WVU two in the row. UConn can beat USF but only at home. For some reason our games against Rutgers are very competitive. We have not beat Syracuse at the dome yet.

The football league has two programs that represented us well in Louisville and WVU. But I don’t like to see the same team year after year as our champion. The old football league gets no respect even when Miami and VT played in national championship games. Miami and VT get the respect but not the league to the point if they are in the league. The football league is not worthy of the BCS. WVU better bring home NC trophy. Let hope next year, we get someone else other than WVU or Louisville to represent the league.
11-25-2007 01:10 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Husky, you are just going to have to deal with the fact that nearly all UConn fans don't think you are the 2nd best team in the conference. You aren't going to change their/my opinion, and I know we aren't going to change your's. Every thread is turning into UConn vs. UC.
11-25-2007 01:12 AM
Advertisement

stpnum4 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Cincy owned UCONN...it wasn't even close. UC is also better than USF and the scores prove it this year.

Cincy beat itself 2 times this year, simple as that.
11-25-2007 01:14 AM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
WV
Cinn
USF
Conn
Rutgers 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana
L'Ville
Pitt
Cuse
11-25-2007 01:16 AM
ccbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
JFlight21 Wrote:If the standing are all that matter then why do we even do threads like these? UC would beat Uconn 19 out of 20 games and thats the truth.

I doubt a team that loses to Pitt and UL can beat any team in the conference 19/20.
11-25-2007 01:29 AM
ccbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Oh and not to get the wrong idea.

I don't think any BE team except for maybe WVU can beat a BE team 19/20.
11-25-2007 01:49 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.