Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Article: WVU@UC to be in primetime
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
Article: WVU@UC to be in primetime
WVU-UC will be in Primetime
Nov. 5, 2007

CINCINNATI-- The BIG EAST Conference announced Monday that the Saturday, Nov. 17 football game between Cincinnati and No. 6 West Virginia is being televised live in primetime on either ESPN or ESPN2. The kickoff time is scheduled for either 7:45 or 8 p.m. The network listing will be finalized next week.

Public tickets for the matchup against West Virginia are sold out. This week Cincinnati finds itself two spots away from the Associated Press Top 25 and three positions out of the USA Today Coaches Poll's Top 25.

Each of the Bearcats' last two home games have enjoyed sellout crowds. A crowd of 35,097 was on hand for the Bearcats' 40-14 win over Marshall on Sept. 22. UC sold out the 35,097-seat Nippert Stadium for the Homecoming contest with Louisville on Oct. 13. Nippert Stadium has enjoyed a total of 15 sellouts in its lengthy history.

This Saturday, Nov. 10, Cincinnati (7-2, 2-2 BIG EAST) hosts No. 16 Connecticut (8-1, 4-0 BIG EAST) at 3:30 p.m. A limited quantity of tickets remain. The game is being televised by ESPNU
11-05-2007 08:31 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Article: WVU@UC to be in primetime
If UC beats UCONN, they'll be back in the Top 25, and UCONN should stay in, which will give us 3 again - as even if WVU loses to UL the Mountaineers will still be ranked. I'd love for UC to be ranked coming into the WVU game, but either way it will be a tough and exciting game between 2 really good teams.
11-05-2007 08:34 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
wvucrazed Wrote:If UC beats UCONN, they'll be back in the Top 25, and UCONN should stay in, which will give us 3 again - as even if WVU loses to UL the Mountaineers will still be ranked. I'd love for UC to be ranked coming into the WVU game, but either way it will be a tough and exciting game between 2 really good teams.

that would be ideal, if usf quits their slide and wins the next three it should bring them back into the bcs top 25 as well, big if at this point.
11-05-2007 09:30 PM
Bearcat 1984 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati !!!
wvu is not losing to lou at home.

eers come trompin in to Nippert in a strong position. UC might be ranked if we can beat UConn. For UC it would be a critical game to keep alive the chance of winning the BEC title, or at the very least a possible trip to the Gator/Sun. For WVU it might not be as critical, assuming they would be figuring on beating UConn at home which would potentially give them that edge. On the other hand, WVU will want to lock down all possibilities.

So, it sounds like it could be something. The question is whether UC can come up with some way to handle these guys?
11-05-2007 11:21 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Gotta focus on a very good UCONN team....

what I like is we are not ranked and UCONN is so pressure is on UCON ....we are tough in Nippert and I expect UC to show up big time!!!
11-05-2007 11:30 PM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
I for one will be shocked if we do not beat UConn. I just don't think that Lorenzen can beat us with his arm.
11-06-2007 02:04 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
JFlight21 Wrote:I for one will be shocked if we do not beat UConn. I just don't think that Lorenzen can beat us with his arm.

You have no idea how good Lorenzen is. Outside Brian Brohm, I think he is the best QB in the BE who knows how to manage the game better than most. He is definitely better than Grothe and Teel. His throwing stats might not be great, but that's because UCONN does not need to throw very much. He never forces anything. He will run when there is nothing and he is a great runner. He can make the deep throw if needed and he will throw away when there is nothing. Oh yeah, he is calm and collected at all times.

UC will find out how good Lorenzen is soon. It should be a great game.
11-06-2007 03:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

WVU should win out. 05-mafia

The main question will be which team is the bigger challenge for the Mountaineers? Is it UConn or UC? The UC-UConn game will give us a good idea, so we'll find out shortly.

I'm kind of rooting for UConn, since that would make them ranked much higher when they play WVU. But it wouldn't upset me to see UC win. Both WV games will get plenty of TV exposure either way.
11-06-2007 07:53 AM
LaRue777 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU,ECU,MI
SF Husky Wrote:Outside Brian Brohm, I think he is the best QB in the BE who knows how to manage the game better than most. great game.
Umm Pat White??

Maybe you are talking of only throwing QB's but as long as he can run the way he does we may not know how good he could be as a passer. In the few games he has needed to throw a little more often he has done pretty well. I have a feeling we will see more of his passing game in the next few weeks.

It is not unrealistic to think that if he finishes strong this year he could end up in the top 3-4 of Heisman voting.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2007 09:52 AM by LaRue777.)
11-06-2007 09:51 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I think WV beats louisville... though I don't know whether it will be by 3 or 30
11-06-2007 06:25 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

LaRue777 Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:Outside Brian Brohm, I think he is the best QB in the BE who knows how to manage the game better than most. great game.
Umm Pat White??

Maybe you are talking of only throwing QB's but as long as he can run the way he does we may not know how good he could be as a passer. In the few games he has needed to throw a little more often he has done pretty well. I have a feeling we will see more of his passing game in the next few weeks.

It is not unrealistic to think that if he finishes strong this year he could end up in the top 3-4 of Heisman voting.
Since Pat White is among the nation's leaders in pass efficiency, and is completing over 70% of his passes, I'd say he does a decent job as a QB.

He's not just a runner. 04-rock
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2007 07:54 PM by bitcruncher.)
11-06-2007 07:53 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Lorenzon doesn't have to have a "great arm" to beat UC......

As I'm sure everybody knows by now we play a soft zone (intent on int's and forcing TO's) and passing underneath has proven time and again effective vs UC as far as moving the ball.

Now, with the exception of the Pitt debacle, we can and do shut down the running game and ya still gotta run to win games, esp. scoring in the red zone. Our D is bend not break and for the most part has been great this year.

SHould be a good one and I look for UC to come out on top

UC: 28
UCONN: 24
11-07-2007 10:44 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

We'll see how good UC's run defense is shortly. 05-mafia

Same for UConn... 05-mafia
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2007 01:21 PM by bitcruncher.)
11-07-2007 01:20 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.