Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

W.A.C. Players selected in the NFL draft
Bookmark and Share
BoiseStateRules Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State

Travis LaBoy was selected by Tennessee in the 2nd round of the NFL draft today. He is the first player from the W.A.C. to be seleted. Who will be the second?
04-24-2004 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SportsDawg Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I am amazed that Boise State can dominate the WAC with very little NFL caliber players. I don't think any Broncos will be drafted this year. But RD will play in the NFL. It would be so sweet if he signs with Chicago and is reunited with Bryan and Brock.
04-24-2004 06:55 PM
1boisebro Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

tomorrow will be a big day, methinks.

not only the WAC but mid-majors overall were widely ignored today. typical.

after all, what can a mid-major player do in the pros? nothing! just ask jerry rice walter payton brett favre steve young ......
04-24-2004 07:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigBroncoB Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I think that RD will get drafted tomorrow. Last year I didn't think that Brock would get drafted, but he did. That goes to show, that NFL personnel does hold some stock, in, incredible performers at the mid-major level. My prediction is-San Francisco in the 6th round. Hoperfully he reminds Mr. Walsh of Mr. Montana!

Who thinks that RD will get drafted tomorrow? Make your predictions!
04-24-2004 10:37 PM
Advertisement

99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

As a Titans fan, I have to ask...How good is LaBoy?
04-24-2004 11:02 PM
BigBroncoB Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Laboy is a freak! I'm a Boise State fan, and when we played Hawaii he was all over the place. He's a prototypical DE-Tall, fast(quick), he's not huge but a great athlete! It might take a little while, but he'll probably fit into your DE rotation before the season is over.
04-25-2004 02:02 AM
Roughrider Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Regarding Boise's players, our seniors this past year were not prototypical NFL size, that's for sure. But they were what we were recruiting 5 years ago as we moved up and went for speed and athleticism and smarts over size.

Looking at our RS freshmen and this year's recruiting class, there's a much different story forming. We've got NFL talent playing next year on the OL and all over the D, but few are seniors so next year's draft could be a repeat.
04-25-2004 09:46 AM
Advertisement

Be-Nos Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

BoiseStateRules Wrote:Travis LaBoy was selected by Tennessee in the 2nd round of the NFL draft today. He is the first player from the W.A.C. to be seleted. Who will be the second?
FWIW, Chris Cooley was selected by Washington in the third round.
04-25-2004 10:56 AM
BoiseStateRules Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State

That's nice for Utah State, but Utah State is not a member of the W.A.C. .........yet. Cooley would and should be counted as a Sun Belt Conference player.

The 2nd W.A.C. player selected was Bernard Berrian of Fresno State. He was selected by Chicago, which seems to like W.A.C. players (they have Brock Forsey and Bryan Johnson of Boise State on their team as well as a few other former W.A.C. players). Berrian was the 78th overall pick, i.e., picked three spots ahead of Cooley.

Jorge Cordova of Nevada was selected at # 86 by Jacksonville.

Isaac Sopoaga of Hawaii was selected # 104 by San Francisco.

And Luke McCown of Louisiana Tech was selected # 106 by Cleveland. He was the 6th QB to be picked so far in this year's NFL draft. RD was ranked # 14 among the eligible QB's this year by ESPN, so hopefully he'll get picked in the 6th or 7th round. Being picked that late he'd probably be better off if he wasn't drafted and signed as a Free Agent.
04-25-2004 11:26 AM
aggiesports Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

SportsDawg Wrote:I am amazed that Boise State can dominate the WAC with very little NFL caliber players.  I don't think any Broncos will be drafted this year.  But RD will play in the NFL.  It would be so sweet if he signs with Chicago and is reunited with Bryan and Brock.
What amazes me is that USU keeps getting NFL talent (Kevin Curtis last year, CC this year) and still sucks!! 03-confused
04-25-2004 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WestJordanAg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

USU get some credit for Laboy. He did play there for two years, I'm still not sure why he left although I have a feeling it had to do with going to class. Dennehy kicked off 23 players who would not commit to go to class his first two years at USU.

Anyway, way to go, Rainbow!
04-26-2004 04:43 PM
Be-Nos Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

BoiseStateRules Wrote:That's nice for Utah State, but Utah State is not a member of the W.A.C. .........yet. Cooley would and should be counted as a Sun Belt Conference player.

The 2nd W.A.C. player selected was Bernard Berrian of Fresno State. He was selected by Chicago, which seems to like W.A.C. players (they have Brock Forsey and Bryan Johnson of Boise State on their team as well as a few other former W.A.C. players). Berrian was the 78th overall pick, i.e., picked three spots ahead of Cooley.

Jorge Cordova of Nevada was selected at # 86 by Jacksonville.

Isaac Sopoaga of Hawaii was selected # 104 by San Francisco.

And Luke McCown of Louisiana Tech was selected # 106 by Cleveland. He was the 6th QB to be picked so far in this year's NFL draft. RD was ranked # 14 among the eligible QB's this year by ESPN, so hopefully he'll get picked in the 6th or 7th round. Being picked that late he'd probably be better off if he wasn't drafted and signed as a Free Agent.
please note the qualifier: FWIW
04-26-2004 10:31 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

If anyone in the WAC is a Denver fan, Marshall's WR Darius Watts is coming your way........Darius was drafted in the 2nd round.

[Image: 72_uawattsBIG.jpg.JPG]

[Image: Darius%20Watts.jpg]

[Image: 72_ubwattsBIG.jpg.JPG]

[Image: darius.jpg]
Darius Watts
[Image: dariusdraft.jpg]
04-27-2004 02:15 AM
KingBronco Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Roughrider Wrote:Regarding Boise's players, our seniors this past year were not prototypical NFL size, that's for sure. But they were what we were recruiting 5 years ago as we moved up and went for speed and athleticism and smarts over size.

Looking at our RS freshmen and this year's recruiting class, there's a much different story forming. We've got NFL talent playing next year on the OL and all over the D, but few are seniors so next year's draft could be a repeat.
I agree with RR. It has been an process for Boise State as they moved up from d1aa, then Big West, then to newbies in the WAC, to powerhouse in the WAC. Boise State now competes with BCS schools for recruits and actually wins a few of the battles.
04-27-2004 08:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.