Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Big East OOC games / 2007
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
Big East OOC games / 2007
I know there are still a couple OOC games left, but I was really curious to see where the league stood this year.

Not quite as stellar as last year, but still pretty damn good. I went thru the games and this is what I came up with.

BE vs. ACC
BE leads 4-3
Average score: BE 28, ACC 20.4

BE vs. 1-AA
BE leads 6-0
Average score: BE 48.5, 1-AA 6

BE vs. MAC
BE leads 7-1
Average score: BE 34.25, MAC 12

BE vs. 1-A Indy (Navy)
Tied 1-1
Average score: BE 43, I-A Indy 36

BE vs. CUSA
BE leads 4-0
Average score: BE 50, CUSA 14 (ouch!)

BE vs. SEC
BE Leads 2-1
Average score: BE 32.7, SEC 25.3

BE vs. Sun Belt
BE Leads 2-0
Average score: BE 46.5, Sun Belt 32.5

BE vs. Big 10
Big 10 Leads 3-0
Average score Big 10 31, BE 11

BE vs. Pac 10
Tied 1-1
Average score: BE 23, Pac 10 22.5

BE v. MWC
Tied 1-1
Average score: BE 43.5, MWC 33.5

Overall BE record OOC: 28-11
Overall BE record against BCS: 7-7

Overall Average score:
BE 36, OOC 18.7
BE 24.2, OOC (BCS) 22.6

Some notes:

Only league with a winning record OOC against BE: Big 10
Only league to outscore BE in combined games: Big 10
The BE has totally destroyed OOC teams from Non-BCS leagues

We'll see how things go in the bowls, but I'd say in the regular season this was another stellar year overall for the BE against OOC competition.
10-28-2007 01:34 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
RE: Big East OOC games / 2007
Nice data. Although 2 losses to the B10 are from CUSE and 1 from PITT. So losses were from our bottom feeders. Overall, pretty good.

We will settle this once the bowl season starts.
10-28-2007 02:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
What is the Big East's record vs ranked teams from other BCS Conferences?
10-28-2007 01:29 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
KnightLight Wrote:What is the Big East's record vs ranked teams from other BCS Conferences?

Good question. I can name a few wins off the top of my head:

Louisville over #17 Miami and #15 Wake Forest. West Virginia over #25 Georgia Tech and #5 Georgia. South Florida over #17 Auburn.
10-28-2007 04:20 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

The BEast's best win this year might be WVU's win over Mississippi State. They've come up with some big wins this year.
10-28-2007 05:19 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
bitcruncher Wrote:The BEast's best win this year might be WVU's win over Mississippi State. They've come up with some big wins this year.

Cincinnati's win over Oregon State also looms as huge, just a tad bit below Mississippi State. I think though that USF's win over Auburn was the biggest one, simply because Auburn is still a Top 25 team. They slipped out of a week or two, but slipped right back in and have been, mainly, a mainstay.
10-28-2007 08:34 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

USF's win over Auburn is the biggest OOC this season, IMHO. I think WVU winning at MD and at home against MSU, and UC's win over Oregon State are all very nice wins as well.

USF over UNC was nice because it was so dominating, and UNC beat Miami.

But by and large impressive OOC wins against BCS teams are few and far between this season, unfortunately. That's what makes the bowl season even more important.
10-28-2007 09:25 PM
Advertisement

Bull Daly Offline
2nd String

I Root For: South Florida
Miss St is not that bad of a football team as some may think. WVU dominated Miss St which makes the BIG EAST look good against the SEC. USF's win at Auburn on Saturday night was huge for the BIG EAST this year.
10-28-2007 09:37 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
USF's win over AUBURN was the biggest win for the conference. I really want to apologize to the BE on the UCONN/UVA game. We had that game and should have won. We just needed 15 more yards and we were driving on UVA. Two stupid fumble snaps later, we lost the game by 1 point. There is no do overs but thats one game UCONN should have won.

Bowl season will be important. I hope BE gets some good opponents.
10-28-2007 10:52 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
SF Husky Wrote:USF's win over AUBURN was the biggest win for the conference. I really want to apologize to the BE on the UCONN/UVA game. We had that game and should have won. We just needed 15 more yards and we were driving on UVA. Two stupid fumble snaps later, we lost the game by 1 point. There is no do overs but thats one game UCONN should have won.

Bowl season will be important. I hope BE gets some good opponents.

You just may get some revenge on Virginia in the Gator or the Tire Bowl, or whatever its called now.04-rock It will be on a mostly nuetral field too. The reason you lost the game to virginia is because of the crowd and all the noise that they made. The players could'nt hear the count in the last couple of minutes. Thats what caused the fumbles and bad snap. That game was one of the the best examples of homefield advantage that I have ever seen. If that game were played on a nuetral field, Uconn wins.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2007 07:18 AM by cuseroc.)
10-29-2007 07:17 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.