The fraud BC survives. Ouch!
10-25-2007 10:23 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
RE: BC
Both of those teams would get drilled in the BE.
10-25-2007 10:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
You bet but by ESPN they won't.
10-25-2007 10:43 PM
MOUNTAINEERFAN64 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WVU & Big East
Neither team impressed me at all.
10-25-2007 10:46 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Jokies did the greatest choke job ever. How did they let BCU recover that onside kick? What the hell was the prevent D thing when they rushed 4 all game. They let Ryan get in rhythm for the last 2 drives and that was the game. BCU looked terrible the entire game. Va Tech offense sucked the big one.
10-25-2007 11:05 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
that was an ugly one, i thought it was going to be a 10-0 shutout and we could all rejoice, because both teams looked so bad. than va tech melted down, if that was 2 big east teams we'd get crucified the next day. i'm sure the media will spin it as ryan reaffirming his heisman status, when in reality he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn for most of the game, and absolutely wilted when pressured. somehow bc always plays just well enough to win.
10-26-2007 12:31 AM
Advertisement

frogman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse
The really sad news is that BC doesn't get challenged again by a really weak ACC. Actually, if they play the pathetic OSU from the equally suckie Big 10, they just may win the title, leaving way better teams out of the title picture all together.
At this point the title game is between the two best teams from the two weakest BCS conferences. For years Miami as accused of cakewalking to the title game and now the BE is looking at this from the other side.

Neither team was worth a top 10 ranking tonight.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2007 01:40 AM by frogman.)
10-26-2007 12:51 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

frogman Wrote:The really ad news is that BC doesn't get challenged again by a really weak ACC. Actually, if they play the pathetic OSU for theequally suckie Big 10, they just may win the title, leaving way better teams out of the title picture all together.
At this point the title tit title game is between the two best teams from the two weakest BCS conferences. For years Miami as accused of cakewalking to the title game and now the BE is looking at this from the other side.

There is no way either team can play with USF or WVU. I think UCONN has a good chance against both of those teams. How can BCU be #2 in the country? Playing in a weak conference like the ACC really help inflate their record. They were talking about Wake being a good team.

Wake got beat by a horrible Nebraska team at home and they call that a good team?
10-26-2007 01:25 AM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
you guys are pitiful. This is hate BC thing is nothing but sour grapes. Go Eagles !!!!!!!!
10-26-2007 04:54 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
TopCoog Wrote:you guys are pitiful. This is hate BC thing is nothing but sour grapes. Go Eagles !!!!!!!!

Pot meet Kettle when Coog talks about the BIG EAST.

BC and VPI are decent teams BUT right now I doubt either can beat WVU and they would both struggle with the speed of the USF defense.
10-26-2007 06:08 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Maize Wrote:
TopCoog Wrote:you guys are pitiful. This is hate BC thing is nothing but sour grapes. Go Eagles !!!!!!!!

Pot meet Kettle when Coog talks about the BIG EAST.

BC and VPI are decent teams BUT right now I doubt either can beat WVU and they would both struggle with the speed of the USF defense.

Rough day for the BC Haters.
10-26-2007 06:37 AM
Advertisement

soxfan1011 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
I hate to say I told you so, but . . .
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2007 07:03 AM by soxfan1011.)
10-26-2007 07:02 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
SF Husky Wrote:Both of those teams would get drilled in the BE.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
03-lmfao:lmfao:Sure they would...03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2007 07:04 AM by goodknightfl.)
10-26-2007 07:02 AM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
SF Husky Wrote:
frogman Wrote:The really ad news is that BC doesn't get challenged again by a really weak ACC. Actually, if they play the pathetic OSU for theequally suckie Big 10, they just may win the title, leaving way better teams out of the title picture all together.
At this point the title tit title game is between the two best teams from the two weakest BCS conferences. For years Miami as accused of cakewalking to the title game and now the BE is looking at this from the other side.

There is no way either team can play with USF or WVU. I think UCONN has a good chance against both of those teams. How can BCU be #2 in the country? Playing in a weak conference like the ACC really help inflate their record. They were talking about Wake being a good team.

Wake got beat by a horrible Nebraska team at home and they call that a good team?

No offense, but...what exactly has UConn accomplished this year to be able to criticize BC or VT? UConn had its chance to take it to the ACC and failed.
10-26-2007 07:19 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
The Mountaineers may get a shot at BC in a BCS bowl game. I don't think they'll get the nod over LSU after watching that snoozefest.
10-26-2007 07:32 AM
LaRue777 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU,ECU,MI
It was the kind of game a team needs to make their run at being undefeated. Don't know if it will happen but especially for eastern schools you usually have a few of these type games in the schedule. Maybe a little luck of the Irish in there.

I have to give credit to BC for not giving up. I also have to wonder what happened to VT's defense. It does appear they went into that "prevent" defense but normally that gives you an advantage in covering receivers. It appeared that two thirds of the receivers were wide open when they made their catches.

It seems to me that coaches need to learn that no matter how many defensive backs you have out there you need to put some pressure on the QB. If a guy is back there long enough eventually someone will pop open.
10-26-2007 07:45 AM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
I only saw the 4th quarter. The ending was certainly exciting. The BC quarterback is very mobile and made some great throws. It was a heckuva comeback by them.
10-26-2007 08:06 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
For those of you ripping Ohio State, know this, OSU's defense would hold WVU below 20 points and probably hold USF at about 10. You better hope your defenses show up against their offense (which is not great by any stretch of the imagination) if you would want to win the game. OSU's defense looks to be that good to me.
10-26-2007 08:09 AM
LaRue777 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU,ECU,MI
OSU will be able to prove that over the next four games. If they can do it against better quality teams in that stretch I will become a believer.

BC will get to show they have made their case if they win out too. I certainly wouldn't be pushing for a one loss SEC, Pac Ten, Big 12 or even Big East team ahead of them. The system is still not there to make a clear choice.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2007 08:38 AM by LaRue777.)
10-26-2007 08:30 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
I have to agree with Top Coog... I mean how can I not? If he calls a post "pitiful", it carries a lot of weight with me. He knows his pitiful posts, as, from reading him over the last few years, he's had more than enough practice at it.
10-26-2007 08:36 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.