Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC Football Book
Bookmark and Share
brian.golden@gmail.com Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Iowa State
MAC Football Book
Hey guys. I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Brian Golden, I’m a sports writer for Rivals.com and MACReportOnline. I’m the author of the power rankings that have been posted here from MRO throughout the season. Additionally, all my sports writing can be seen on my blog at briankgolden.blogspot.com.

I’m writing a book on the 2007 MAC football season. I’ve been to a different MAC stadium every weekend this fall, and on October 30th, I hit the road for three weeks to take in as many of the weeknight games I can. On Nov. 23rd at Bowling Green, I’ll be at my 13th MAC stadium of the year, leaving the final Saturday open to see whatever game is most important. It’s been a very exciting year, and all the fans have been very helpful and supportive, so thanks.

A couple things I was hoping you could help me out with on this forum:

- Because I’ve been traveling so much, I haven’t been able to watch every single game this year. The MAC office has been kind of squirrelly on helping me see the TV games I missed. Does anyone have any Temple games on tape or (better yet) on their computer? Anyone that can point me in the direction of a recorded game will get the cost of the tape and a huge, huge thank you in my book.
- Are there any special traditions, experiences or stories about Temple you’d like to see covered in the book? I’m trying to write not just about the games themselves but about the MAC football culture, and I hope to bring in as much color and flavor to the book as I can. If anyone has any ideas, please email me at brian.golden@gmail.com.
- Anyone that would like any more information about my book, or would like to reserve an advance copy at half price, please contact me at brian.golden@gmail.com.

Below I have listed my travel schedule for the rest of the year, so you know when I’ll be in your town. I came to the MAC at the beginning of this year with no bias or prejudices (I’m an Iowa State fan), and I’m paying for the whole experience out of pocket because the world needs to know what kind of football you guys play. It sure has been fun. Thanks for any help you can give!

Oct. 27th: Akron at Buffalo (BUFFALO)
Nov. 2nd: Temple at Ohio (ATHENS)
Nov. 3rd: EMU at Toledo
Nov. 7th: Ohio at Akron (AKRON)
Nov. 9th: Bowling Green at EMU (YPSILANTI)
Nov. 10th: Penn State at Temple (PHILADELPHIA)
Nov. 13th: Toledo at Ball State
Nov. 14th: Akron at Miami (OXFORD)
Nov. 23rd: Toledo at Bowling Green (BOWLING GREEN)

10-25-2007 03:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.