Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WAC Trivia:
Bookmark and Share
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

Which WAC team played in the Raisen and Grape Bowls in the same year?
05-02-2004 05:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Minerfanatic Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

San Jose St.
05-02-2004 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

Minerfanatic Wrote:San Jose St.
Not SJS! One down, 8 to go!
05-02-2004 05:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AnotherBrickInTheWall Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Fresno?
05-02-2004 05:58 PM
Advertisement

broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

AnotherBrickInTheWall Wrote:Fresno?
Not Fresno, 2 down, 6 to go!
05-02-2004 06:01 PM
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Utah State (although they aren't WAC yet!)
05-03-2004 05:13 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

AnotherBrickInTheWall Wrote:Utah State (although they aren't WAC yet!)
We have a winner!!!

I did say the 2005 WAC configeration. Both games were played in 1947, one on Jan. 1, and one in December of the same year.

Kind of surprised that an Aggie didn't get this one!
05-03-2004 07:04 PM
Advertisement

Bench Warmer

I Root For:

broncobob Wrote:I did say the 2005 WAC configeration. 
Oops, missed that part! [Image: Doh.gif]

So what do I win?!?!?!?
05-03-2004 07:24 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

AnotherBrickInTheWall Wrote:
broncobob Wrote:I did say the 2005 WAC configeration. 
Oops, missed that part! [Image: Doh.gif]

So what do I win?!?!?!?
You get to post the next WAC trivia Question!!!!!!
05-03-2004 09:18 PM
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Which 6 of these 10 schools were the charter members of the WAC in 1962?
Air Force
Arizona
Arizona State
Brigham Young
Colorado State
Nevada - Las Vegas (UNLV)
New Mexico
Texas - El Paso (UTEP)
Utah
Wyoming
05-03-2004 09:42 PM
Advertisement

broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

AnotherBrickInTheWall Wrote:Which 6 of these 10 schools were the charter members of the WAC in 1962?
Air Force
Arizona
Arizona State
Brigham Young
Colorado State
Nevada - Las Vegas (UNLV)
New Mexico
Texas - El Paso (UTEP)
Utah
Wyoming
I know the answer to this one, but I will let someone else take a shot!
05-04-2004 10:41 AM
USU78 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The original WAC _5_ were:

ASU
UA
BYU
UNM
UU

It was 5 only because it had originally been envisioned as an "elite" western conference including Wazzu and the Oregon schools. Those 3 backed out at the last minute, leaving the "elite" infant WAC with only 5.

Wyoming wasn't added 'til later, after the initial WAC beauty contest, whose contestants included:

CSU
NMSU
Tejas Western
USU
Wyoming

CSU and Tejas Western joined in '67 after the 2nd beauty contest, whereupon the NewMags joined the Missouri Valley, and USU started wondering if maybe this thing was somehow fixed, but didn't really do anything about it for another 10 years, when the TrueAgs joined the PCAA.
05-04-2004 11:05 AM
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

USU78 Wrote:The original WAC _5_ were:

ASU
UA
BYU
UNM
UU

It was 5 only because it had originally been envisioned as an "elite" western conference including Wazzu and the Oregon schools. Those 3 backed out at the last minute, leaving the "elite" infant WAC with only 5.

Wyoming wasn't added 'til later, after the initial WAC beauty contest, whose contestants included:

CSU
NMSU
Tejas Western
USU
Wyoming

CSU and Tejas Western joined in '67 after the 2nd beauty contest, whereupon the NewMags joined the Missouri Valley, and USU started wondering if maybe this thing was somehow fixed, but didn't really do anything about it for another 10 years, when the TrueAgs joined the PCAA.
Well according to the official WAC site.....

"By the end of 1961, a working draft of a constitution, by-laws and operating code was drafted by Thomas Hall, the faculty representative at Arizona, and Paul Brechler, the WAC’s first commissioner. On July 27, 1962, the conference officially was organized by the Presidents’ Council when the original charter was signed, and the name Western Athletic Conference was adopted. Charter members were Arizona, Arizona State, Brigham Young, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming. The two Arizona schools had been members of the Border Conference; the others were members of the Skyline."

<a href='http://wacsports.com/section_front.asp?arttypeid=5' target='_blank'>http://wacsports.com/section_front.asp?arttypeid=5</a>
05-04-2004 06:19 PM
USU78 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I believe it's fair to say that USU fans with some history would be keenly aware of every time the beauty crown went to somebody else we considered less deserving.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
05-05-2004 09:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.