Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Amazed at the lack of respect given to USF/The BE....
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Crappies
Amazed at the lack of respect given to USF/The BE....
....I cannot count the number of times I have seen/heard folks passing over an undefeated USF squad in regards to the "national championship" game for a one-loss team from the SEC, PAC10, etc......

Of course it is a different scale, but this surely reeks of the discussions/attitudes we hear when a non-bcs team is making a move......

I hope the Bulls run the table, along with a Hawai'i or even BC.....a "national championship" game featuring 2 of those teams might just bring the BcS down for good.....04-cheers
10-18-2007 10:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
RE: Amazed at the lack of respect given to USF/The BE....
Capital Pirate Wrote:....I cannot count the number of times I have seen/heard folks passing over an undefeated USF squad in regards to the "national championship" game for a one-loss team from the SEC, PAC10, etc......

Of course it is a different scale, but this surely reeks of the discussions/attitudes we hear when a non-bcs team is making a move......

I hope the Bulls run the table, along with a Hawai'i or even BC.....a "national championship" game featuring 2 of those teams might just bring the BcS down for good.....04-cheers

I really dont see it as a BE problem. If USF was in the acc and had all of its present lack of history and lack of tradition, it would still be dealing with this nonsence. If Duke had USF's record and wins, they would be debating about them too. If WV or Pitt or Syracuse or even Louisville had USF' record and wins, there would not be nearly the amount of debates as to whether or not they are worthy for the championship.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2007 11:36 AM by cuseroc.)
10-18-2007 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Keep winning and it will all work out.
10-18-2007 02:34 PM
Advertisement

Capital Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Crappies
Cubanbull Wrote:Keep winning and it will all work out.

Yes.....obviously...

It is just amazing to me that there is this kind of arrogance WITHIN the BcS among it's own members....

Oh, wait...maybe it's not THAT amazing......but it is still pretty crappy....

I hope you guys DO win out.....and I hope they all moan an complain until they are blue in the face - and watching you play for the crystal football....04-cheers[/u]
10-18-2007 03:16 PM
Bull Daly Offline
2nd String

I Root For: South Florida
I think if WVU or UL would have run the table then you wouldnt hear much disrespect towards them making the title game. I believe that traditional schools cant accept the possibility of a start up program like USF being in the title game. Whatever happens from here on out, USF has did its job to get their name out there. This year can really help the program out years down the road because we wont be so new to everyone the next time we are in the running.
10-18-2007 03:17 PM
Advertisement

Bull Daly Offline
2nd String

I Root For: South Florida
All these powers from LSU and OU cant believe it. We had some LSU fan call in and try to rip what USF is doing by saying that we only beat two teams in AUBURN and WVU. The host of the show basically told the caller that he was in denial, and that LSU blew it by losing against UK. It was funny radio to hear a LSU fan basically cry because little ole South Florida is ahead of them in the BCS rankings right now.
10-18-2007 03:19 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
I think it has to do with the youth of the South Florida program. They would be saying the same thing about Cincinnati. Even though we have one of the oldest programs ever we are young when it comes to national attention. If West Virginia had the same record and wins that USF has (Top 20 and Top 5 wins) WVU would be #1 or a powerful #2 because they have tradition. USF is building their tradition now.
10-18-2007 04:12 PM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
well considering the AP and coaches have them at #2 or 3.. I think they are getting plenty of respect.. what they do lack is tradition... Its hard for media types to take them seriously.. I remember the first time FSU cracked the top 5... a announcer on tv said something to the effect who is FSU.. and why are they ranked..win over the next 4 or 5 years and they will be seen as a force.
10-18-2007 04:29 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
goodknightfl Wrote:well considering the AP and coaches have them at #2 or 3.. I think they are getting plenty of respect.. what they do lack is tradition... Its hard for media types to take them seriously.. I remember the first time FSU cracked the top 5... a announcer on tv said something to the effect who is FSU.. and why are they ranked..win over the next 4 or 5 years and they will be seen as a force.

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head goodknight!
10-18-2007 05:58 PM
Advertisement

PusherT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse
I really think it the "youth" of South Florida that is making people nervous. If this was Syracuse/Pitt/WVU you wouldn't have the bellyaching as many people consider them established programs even more so then Boston College. I agree if USF was in the ACC the same thing would be going on and they would get ragged on for playing in the #6 BCS conference
10-18-2007 05:59 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I'm not going to worry about something that we all know would happen, no matter what BEast program was unbeaten. Even WVU would be dissed by fans of the 'established power conferences.' They don't want an upstart getting what they consider their due. The SEC Champs should be in the national championship game, no matter their record, is what they think. Screw 'em. 05-mafia
10-18-2007 06:03 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.