Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Teams that should be better
Bookmark and Share
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

<a href='http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Rankings/Pre_preseason_Better.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Ra...ason_Better.htm</a>

How can USC be better?

Congrats to UTEP, New Mexico State, and Utah State for making the list.
05-19-2004 08:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

broncobob Wrote:<a href='http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Rankings/Pre_preseason_Better.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Ra...ason_Better.htm</a>

How can USC be better?

When you finish 1-9 versus Division I teams you have to think a few home games here and there might actually help New Mexico State get better than two wins on the season. NMSU only win over Division I was against Utah State. The only other win was against Division II Western New Mexico State.

Utah State finished 3-9 last year all wins at home, but the Northern Aggies are really awful on the road evidenced by performances at Idaho and at New Mexico State. If they do better, it won't be by much. They have to travel to Louisiana-Monroe (who is on that list) and Middle Tennessee State. USU lost to both of those teams the last time they went on the road. And with Cooley and Fiefia gone, USU has no strong tailbacks or receivers. These two individuals in addition to Travis Cox were USU's entire offense against Arkansas State and Middle Tennessee State. The Ags had no other go-to guys. They'll get a first hand glimpse of just how weak they are at the skill positions in Week One at Alabama.
05-19-2004 09:06 AM
Quote this message in a reply
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

BlueRaiderPride Wrote:
broncobob Wrote:<a href='http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Rankings/Pre_preseason_Better.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Ra...ason_Better.htm</a>

How can USC be better?

When you finish 1-9 versus Division I teams you have to think a few home games here and there might actually help New Mexico State get better than two wins on the season. NMSU only win over Division I was against Utah State. The only other win was against Division II Western New Mexico State.

Utah State finished 3-9 last year all wins at home, but the Northern Aggies are really awful on the road evidenced by performances at Idaho and at New Mexico State. If they do better, it won't be by much. They have to travel to Louisiana-Monroe (who is on that list) and Middle Tennessee State. USU lost to both of those teams the last time they went on the road. And with Cooley and Fiefia gone, USU has no strong tailbacks or receivers. These two individuals in addition to Travis Cox were USU's entire offense against Arkansas State and Middle Tennessee State. The Ags had no other go-to guys. They'll get a first hand glimpse of just how weak they are at the skill positions in Week One at Alabama.
Gawd, you really hate the Aggies! They are leaving the Sun Belt for a better conference! Let it go. Get on with your life!

Congrats to the Aggies. The Aggies have their very own stalker!
05-19-2004 09:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

broncobob Wrote:
BlueRaiderPride Wrote:

How can USC be better?

Gawd, you really hate the Aggies! They are leaving the Sun Belt for a better conference! Let it go. Get on with your life!

Congrats to the Aggies. The Aggies have their very own stalker!
Yeah, I hate Utah State.

They left for a better conference. Maybe.

They were also the school that said "F### YOU!" to the Sun Belt back in 2000.

The Sun Belt presidents were nice enough to give them another chance and then they decide they will leave after all the scheduling headaches and financial setbacks at eastern Sun Belt schools just to let their sorry @sses in one year early as the USU administration had hoped?

I hope that school rots in Hell.

It's not just Utah State. The things I can't stand in this life are disloyalty, selfishness, and lack or regard of others feelings. Utah State exhibited all of those characteristics.

USU's administrative decision reminds me of a what convicted serial rapist would do just for self-satisfaction. They would screw, they would violate, and they wouldn't even care what happened to the people who were victimized by their selfish act. All they cared about was getting their "fill" in!!

This is Utah State. This is their school's image--a murderer and rapist.
05-19-2004 10:13 AM
Advertisement

aggiesports Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

If you only knew BroncoBob!!! I have saved over 50 quotes from "blueRaiderPride". They would have you rolling on the floor with laughter!! I'll have to share them with you sometime. And I will also have to add:

"This is Utah State. This is their school's image--a murderer and rapist." You gotta love BlueRaiderPride!!! He's as stable and rational as they come 03-wink

Oh, I almost forgot..... :wave:
05-19-2004 10:38 AM
Aggieboy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Blue Raider,

When you think you might get into the WAC where you have longed to be for over 40 years and you stand pat and say no to the SBC, then the WAC takes Boise (that was OK) and SJSU (that sucked) and you are forced to go independent. The best made plans sometimes blowup in your face.

We don't hate the Sunbelt. The belt is a good bunch of schools. The WAC is just a better fit for us. Don't hate us for trying to grow our program.

We are both against the big boys on this one. Hate the BCS schools don't hate us. This is just what happens in this BCS dominated world.

I hope the Sunbelt grows and the WAC will get over its MWC wanabe attitude. The WAC can be better than the MWC in a few years if it stays together. The Belt can be better than the MAC if it stays together.
05-19-2004 12:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

For USU the WAC was the only responsible decision. Period. There's nothing else to add.

For NMSU, with UTEP present, the WAC was the only responsible decision. Period. There's nothing else to add.

For NMSU sans UTEP, the WAC may not as clear cut of a choice but NMSU still is better off being more regional.

What is there to discuss?
05-19-2004 01:22 PM
Advertisement

Aggieboy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

We can agree that on these subjects nothing more should be discussed, except perhaps Blue Raider and Sempltonfi's psychiatric needs.

From now on I will never respond to the Belt BS. I just wish there were a few rational fans down there that did not spew the 03-puke
05-19-2004 02:17 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

Yeah all those Belt people are ******holes.
05-19-2004 02:51 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

arkstfan Wrote:Yeah all those Belt people are ******holes.
Of course, not all of us judge the whole sun belt fan base by Blue Raider.

I have tailgated with MeanRob and Harry from UNT and I know they have a bunch of class posters and fans.

And ArkStFan has always been very responsive to my many questions over the years.

And CaliforniaCajun and I have been cohosts on the British Invasion Delphi board and he is a pretty good guy too.

So I know there are many die-hard college fans in the Sun Belt.

I know the WAC is not popular with most of the Sun Blet fans, but I would really like to see some expansion there.

UNT, Ark. State, LA,LA and Troy would be 4 schools that I think could meet all D1A requirements and become great All sports WAC members.

But I don't see that happening prior to June 30th!
05-20-2004 11:53 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

broncobob Wrote:UNT, Ark. State, LA,LA and Troy would be 4 schools that I think could meet all D1A requirements and become great All sports WAC members.
And you don't think MTSU can, or do you mean to not include MTSU just to make me mad?

C'mon, quit judging a school's attendance based on one or two bad years.

Three of those schools you praised have had horrific attendance averages in the past well below 15,000 and while they were 1-A.
05-21-2004 08:53 AM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

BlueRaiderPride Wrote:
broncobob Wrote:UNT, Ark. State, LA,LA and Troy would be 4 schools that I think could meet all D1A requirements and become great All sports WAC members.
And you don't think MTSU can, or do you mean to not include MTSU just to make me mad?

C'mon, quit judging a school's attendance based on one or two bad years.

Three of those schools you praised have had horrific attendance averages in the past well below 15,000 and while they were 1-A.
Sorry BlueRaiderPride, My Bad!

I just thought you were mad all the time anyway!
05-21-2004 09:41 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Aggieboy Wrote:We can agree that on these subjects nothing more should be discussed, except perhaps Blue Raider and Sempltonfi's psychiatric needs.
"SemperFiBlue" is a moniker I try not to use anymore. I only use it on those boards in which I cannot change that moniker to something else without canceling my board membership.

I use the "BlueRaiderPride" moniker now and on every board where I can, and any other boards I join from here on out I'll use "BlueRaiderPride".

I elected to stray from the deliberate use of "SemperFiBlue" out of respect to the Marine Corps in the fact that I was never able to complete training at Parris Island due to an unforseen physical disability.
05-21-2004 10:06 AM
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

BlueRaiderPride Wrote:
Aggieboy Wrote:We can agree that on these subjects nothing more should be discussed, except perhaps Blue Raider and Sempltonfi's psychiatric needs.
"SemperFiBlue" is a moniker I try not to use anymore. I only use it on those boards in which I cannot change that moniker to something else without canceling my board membership.

I use the "BlueRaiderPride" moniker now and on every board where I can, and any other boards I join from here on out I'll use "BlueRaiderPride".

I elected to stray from the deliberate use of "SemperFiBlue" out of respect to the Marine Corps in the fact that I was never able to complete training at Parris Island due to an unforseen physical disability.

BlueRaiderPride -- Sorry to hear about your Parris Island experience; as a 20-year military vet I had some good friends go through Parris -- it is no walk in the park! Semper Fi is the USMC motto and it sure sounds to me like you had the desire and you have the spirit. I admire and respect you for trying; one of my best friends is a USMC active and I think he would be proud to call you brother.

GO USMC!!!
04-cheers
05-21-2004 12:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.