Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dodgeball
Bookmark and Share
1boisebro Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

this is not a promotional stunt for the movie. it's just that i, who grew up (sorta) in the 70s, loved playing dodgeball in gym.

fun stuff.

the movie merely suggests that it could be a genuine sport, as well.

if so, i think the WAC should be the first to institute it. nothing would make the WAC more whack, eh? especially if teams could have both men AND women!!!

besides, if the olympics can have BALLROOM DANCING and BRIDGE as medal sports, then the WAC can have dodgeball.

i love dodgeball. anyone who says it's inhumane probably just s u c k e d at it.
06-16-2004 08:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bigskygriz Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Dodgeball is more of a sport than.....

1) Poker? Why are all the sports networks promoting this as a sport????

2) Pool? I just don't consider any activity that requires zero athletic ability a sport.

3) Bowling? If a fat drunk can do it, then it's not a sport.

I'm sure I missed some. Can you think of other fake sports?
06-16-2004 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I like dodgeball, but the girls in my gym classes hated playing against me. Apparently I threw the ball too hard (DUH!). Sometimes the teacher would be nice and allow me to play with the boys.
06-16-2004 09:41 PM
Advertisement

1boisebro Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

TUfan Wrote:I like dodgeball, but the girls in my gym classes hated playing against me. Apparently I threw the ball too hard (DUH!). Sometimes the teacher would be nice and allow me to play with the boys.
play with the boys?

my friend, that's not a gym teacher. that's a PIMP.

(god bless you!)
06-16-2004 09:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

LOL. Not that type of playing.
06-16-2004 10:06 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

We had a great variant in PE playing on the basketball court. Once a team got down to a certain number the other team could cross half court and come down to either the top of the key or the free throw line (been too many years).

We had a dang good time and there is actually physical skill and some team work involved. We had one player that was going to leave a mark when he hit you. The best tactic when you were on his team was to let him throw and then fire right after that once you saw which way everyone was scattering. He had stone hands though so you were better off keeping someone who could catch close to him to protect him (just like sissy NFL QB).

I watched the "extreme" Dodgeball games on one of the satellite channels. Beats most of the other "sports" out there.
06-17-2004 09:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.