WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thoughts on Brown and Gold game
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

I Root For: WMU
Thoughts on Brown and Gold game
A few houndred pulled the double header and enjoyed the Brown and Gold hockey game last Saturday before heading to see the Wreck at Waldo. Anyway, here are my thoughts on the game.

1 - Kuhn is a solid goalie with a ton of skill. However he made a lot of rookie mistakes in the game and despite only giving up 1 goal it was obvious to me that Gill would be the #1 goalie to start the season. Kuhn didn't face many tough shots as Brown played great defense in front of him, while Gill had the Lost Boys in front of him and faced situations most goalies would have trouble with and handled it well.

2 - Brown played great defense and White played terrible defense and that was the difference in the game IMO. White had a lot of offensive skill but was shut down by the Brown defense almost every time down the ice. Plus Brown scored all their goals off of White defensive miscues.

3 - Players to watch: Levendusky was in the right place at the right time every time I noticed him on defense... He should be a top 4 defenseman right away for this team. Campbell has a ton of skill but looked a bit lost at times out there. Lovecchio looked good out there, but sometimes tried to do too much by himself. Frank seems to have improved his stick handling a bit over the summer but it's was hard to judge is physical game without a real opponent to play against.

4 - The lack of practice time was painfully obvious. A lot of rust on the ice, a lot of players not knowing where each other were, sloppy passing, etc.

5 - I really hope a Szczechura or Letestu type player emerges from this group, but I sure didn't see one in that game.
10-08-2007 03:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BroncoBen Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos!
RE: Thoughts on Brown and Gold game
Moe, point #5, is why I wanted Mark to come back. I have no idea how Jim Culhane is going to last beyond this year. This is the reason why are hockey program does not get better. How can you get excited about this season? I hope I'm wrong. Good Luck Hockey Broncos!
10-08-2007 05:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

I for one am looking forward to the next few weeks as we get a better picture of how this team is shaping up.
10-09-2007 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Viper16 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Bronco's D
Who stood out? Who will the Captains/Assistants be this season? Anyone looking like a night in night out scoring threat? How was the overall team chemistry. I know they were rusty, but did anyone who was there get that "feeling" from the players that they had bonded? Was it spirited or did the player look tight on the ice?
10-09-2007 02:05 PM
JerrySeymoursParoleOfficer Offline
1st String

donotextendjimculhanescontract.com?
10-09-2007 02:39 PM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

Viper16 Wrote:Who stood out? Who will the Captains/Assistants be this season? Anyone looking like a night in night out scoring threat? How was the overall team chemistry. I know they were rusty, but did anyone who was there get that "feeling" from the players that they had bonded? Was it spirited or did the player look tight on the ice?

The game was spirited and they looked like they played well together, but it's too hard to tell team chemistry from the stands. No one had a 'C' or an 'A' on their jersey at the B&G game so I have no idea who captains may end up being. As for a night-in night-out scoring threat see my point #5, but I hope to be proven wrong in the coming weeks.
10-09-2007 03:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.