Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Emailing Coach Huggins
Bookmark and Share
Elias Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Emailing Coach Huggins
For all of you "Wildbears" out there, have fans emailed Huggins before? If so, has he responded?

I was a former track runner at KSU in the late 90's/early '00. I just sent Huggy an email. Think he will respond?
09-15-2006 12:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

1125 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati, NKU

Folding@NCAAbbsSkunkworks
Re: Emailing Coach Huggins
Elias Wrote:For all of you "Wildbears" out there, have fans emailed Huggins before? If so, has he responded?

I was a former track runner at KSU in the late 90's/early '00. I just sent Huggy an email. Think he will respond?
I bet it is writing the president. You might get a form letter say thanks but Huggins is not going to persoanlly write you back.
09-15-2006 07:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Elias Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Don't think that he will write back? Man must be super busy or he doesn't like fans all that much.

Which one is it?
09-15-2006 08:38 AM
1125 Offline
Heisman

Elias Wrote:Don't think that he will write back? Man must be super busy or he doesn't like fans all that much.

Which one is it?
I am going to go with super busy. Believe me he loves his supporters.
09-15-2006 08:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Huggins is kind of funny about email and Internet and stuff like that. He avoids it with distain. At least that is what I have heard from people who know him well. But if you wrote him my snail mail he just might respond.

FYI: He also won
09-15-2006 08:54 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Elias Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

He must be decent with the internet, its essential for recruiting these days.

If he doesn't reply I won't take it personal. I just told him how pumped I would be to see "Kansas State" appear on a bracket on Selection Sunday.

If he replies, I'll post the message.
09-15-2006 09:36 AM
Advertisement

Elias Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

BTW,

This board seems pretty cool. Hopefully the topics and posters will pickup once practice starts next month.

Seems like this board is just waiting for the season to start, then it will erupt with opinions.

That rivals board is trash, but the Kstatefans.com one is decent.
09-15-2006 09:39 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Quote:He must be decent with the internet, its essential for recruiting these days.

Agreed, but I'm pretty sure he doles out those tasks to his assistant coaches. Huggins main sources for information is mostly the wide network of other coaches and scouts that he has forged good relations with over his 25+ years of coaching. But I
09-15-2006 10:16 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Mike In Clifton Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

[quote="snart"]Huggins is kind of funny about email and Internet and stuff like that. He avoids it with distain. At least that is what I have heard from people who know him well. But if you wrote him my snail mail he just might respond.

FYI: He also won
09-15-2006 08:29 PM
1125 Offline
Heisman

snart Wrote:Huggins is kind of funny about email and Internet and stuff like that. He avoids it with distain. At least that is what I have heard from people who know him well. But if you wrote him my snail mail he just might respond.
Your right, if it deals with computers its not him. He is more of a personal person eventhough you dont see that on the outside. He would rather talk to you on the phone or in person rather than go through the internet.
09-16-2006 12:59 AM
1125 Offline
Heisman

Elias Wrote:Seems like this board is just waiting for the season to start, then it will erupt with opinions.

That rivals board is trash, but the Kstatefans.com one is decent.

I would agree. We need a few more posters to make this place home but as soon as basketball season get underway this place will be doing just fine.
09-16-2006 01:00 AM
Advertisement

Elias Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Well I saw Huggy's interview on TV during the Football game. To date, no email from Huggs...

:shhh:
09-16-2006 08:44 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"

IMO, if a college bball coach has time to respond to every letter he gets, then hes not doing his job right. Just win games, thats all I ask. I didnt evenb think Huggs owned a computer anyways.
09-17-2006 09:40 AM
Elias Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

He seemed pretty excited during the interview. It was nice to see Huggs at the game supporting the football team. Didn't know that he was a big football fan. Too bad Huggs wasn't here during the 90's, because he would have seen defenses consistently ranked in the top 5 annually.

I don't think Assburied ever went to any football games 04-chairshot

Seems like the guy has a habit of saying funny things during interviews because he got the chic reporter laughing along with the guys in the booth.

I can't wait for practice to start next month! I hope this place will be crawling with posters! 04-bow

This will be THE site for me when it comes to BBall 02-13-banana
09-17-2006 10:04 AM
1125 Offline
Heisman

Elias Wrote:I can't wait for practice to start next month! I hope this place will be crawling with posters! 04-bow

This will be THE site for me when it comes to BBall 02-13-banana

We are trying our best but since I don't live in Kansas I don't have the connections. You other posters gotta help us out. I will try my best if you guys do that same. Thanks guys. Lets make this THE place like he said!
09-17-2006 04:24 PM
b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators

i emailed Huggs years ago about being able to sit in on his practices. He replied saying I needed to set it up with his assistant coach and he gave me the info.

From there I pressed my luck and emailed again just to chit chat ( I have met and spoken with Huggs a few times, he knows the face not the name) he replied again saying he remembers me. Later i emailed again after his heart attack but never heard anything. I guess it would depend on what you write and if you post that you got a response, I'd bet he'd get about 2,000 emails, and that would discourage him from replying.

Then again, I'm just a likable SOB. I hung out with mark Cuban one time and he told me to look him up whenever i'm in Dallas. 04-rock
09-18-2006 12:12 AM
Advertisement

Elias Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

"Your right, if it deals with computers its not him. He is more of a personal person eventhough you dont see that on the outside. He would rather talk to you on the phone or in person rather than go through the internet."

I will see if I can get some of the guys from the SCOUT and RIVALS site over here to post come bball season.

http://www.rivals.com

http://www.kstatefans.com

I don't think having some of those people post over here is a big deal. But I am very excited for this upcoming season to begin!!!
09-19-2006 01:04 AM
1125 Offline
Heisman

Elias Wrote:I will see if I can get some of the guys from the SCOUT and RIVALS site over here to post come bball season.

http://www.rivals.com

http://www.kstatefans.com

I don't think having some of those people post over here is a big deal. But I am very excited for this upcoming season to begin!!!

Sounds good, thanks for teh help. Tell them to use this url, its a bit easier to remember:

http://ksu.ncaabbs.com
09-19-2006 08:34 AM
BEARCATS65 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Elias Wrote:For all of you "Wildbears" out there, have fans emailed Huggins before? If so, has he responded?

Unless he knows you, he won't respond. Even when he was sick the responses came from his sec'y. I think her name was Renee, or something like that.
09-20-2006 06:38 AM
1125 Offline
Heisman

BEARCATS65 Wrote:

Unless he knows you, he won't respond. Even when he was sick the responses came from his sec'y. I think her name was Renee, or something like that.

Wonder if she also came with Huggy to KSU? ;-)
09-20-2006 08:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.