Law School IS moving to Raleigh
Bookmark and Share
OrangeCamel Offline

I Root For: Campbell
Law School IS moving to Raleigh
Mayberry was never as good after Barney moved to Raleigh (everything turned to color and Andy was always irritable).

Hopefully, Buies Creek will be ok. We'll have football instead of Warren!
10-04-2007 09:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

andone Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
RE: Law School IS moving to Raleigh
I think it is a shame. Any explaination for the move?
10-04-2007 10:32 AM
OrangeCamel Offline

Probably a good thing for the law students. They'll be right there with all the law firms and legislative activity in the capital city. Plus, there will be much more exposure for "Campbell". Hopefully, they will still feel a connection to Campbell's athletics and give to projects like the football stadium.
10-04-2007 10:51 AM
Advertisement

andone Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Exposure is good I am not so sure about the giving unless they went to undergrad at CU. I am thinking more out of sight out of mind with regard to the move and athletic giving.
10-04-2007 02:28 PM
Small_Wonder Offline
2nd String

I can't see to many negativities about the Law School moving. I don't think that the main campus will suffer that much. Plus a lot of the law students have been dicks in intramural games. I am excited for Campbell with this move.
10-05-2007 08:53 AM
Advertisement

OrangeCamel Offline

After reading a few newspaper articles, I see Dr. Wallace also referenced The Andy Griffith Show with Barney saying moving to Raleigh was "big"! I guess Jerry and I are true Tar Heels (not the UNC kind, though)!

I'm guessing they'll use the law school building in Buies Creek for undergrad classroom space?
10-05-2007 09:18 AM
Small_Wonder Offline
2nd String

All the Pre-Law kids will still be using that building.

So is Kivitt getting knock down?
10-05-2007 12:18 PM
Advertisement

professorcamel Offline
Water Engineer

Hey Orange, Andone, and Small!

Long time no see (or talk). I hate that the law school is moving to Raleigh, but we certainly got a nice building out of the deal. I suspect that the old law school building will become the new library, but that is just my speculation. I also think they *will* tear down Kivett Hall, despite all efforts to save it. While I don't agree with a lot of decisions that Campbell has made (and the law school is not one) I can say that if they tear down Kivett Hall I will be deeply hurt, angry and will probably resent any further involvement with the university! Campbell's history is symbolized by Kivett Hall, but I think that Wallace will want it brought down so that the new symbol of Campbell will be Butler Chapel. A bad idea! I recommended some time ago to make Kivett the campus chapel, but that recommendation went to the same place that WCCE is has gone - in file 13!

See you guys soon!

J
10-17-2007 10:09 PM
Small_Wonder Offline
2nd String

Welcome back Professor!

From my sources, the old law building will be used as the new administration building. I do believe its sad that they would knock down Kivett. The first building to be built after the fire. Its symbolic.
10-22-2007 09:36 AM
GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State
andone Wrote:Exposure is good I am not so sure about the giving unless they went to undergrad at CU. I am thinking more out of sight out of mind with regard to the move and athletic giving.

When it comes to athletics giving, most Graduate level alumni (MBA, Law, PhD, etc.) don't give to their Grad schools athletics anyway.

So if the kid went to CU for undergrad, then he wouldn't be any more likely to donate to CU 'cause he went to grad school there.

And if the kid went elsewhere for undergrad, and CU for grad school, they likely won't donate to athletics at CU at all.

At most, alumni of grad schools would give back to the academics, not the athletics if they didn't attend there for undergrad.
10-22-2007 01:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.