6) West Virginia

Division B
1) Cincinnati
2) Louisville
3) Memphis
4) East Carolina
5) South Florida
6) Central Florida

What do you think? We could have as many as 6 Top 25 teans in football every year in the future! Central Florida, South Florida and memphis should all provide additional bowls. And we could be a 7, 8 or even 9 bid basketball conference. 04-cheers
10-01-2007 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Eastern 12 All Sports Conference
I refuse to support any configuration that doesn't include Charlotte and Georgia State.

04-cheers

I keep tellin' folks, but nobody believes me.... but you'll all see in 10 years, dang it!!!

UCONN
Syracuse
Rutgers
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Louisville
Charlotte
Georgia State
USF

Write it down, Mofos. That's our future 05-stirthepot
10-01-2007 07:52 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Well, what the story on football for those two?04-cheers
10-01-2007 07:59 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
Wilkie01 Wrote:Division A
1) U Mass
2) U Conn
3) Syracuse
4) Rutgers
5) Pittsburgh
6) West Virginia

Division B
1) Cincinnati
2) Louisville
3) Memphis
4) East Carolina
5) South Florida
6) Central Florida

What do you think? We could have as many as 6 Top 25 teans in football every year in the future! Central Florida, South Florida and memphis should all provide additional bowls. And we could be a 7, 8 or even 9 bid basketball conference. 04-cheers

OK but I would bring Temple back if UMASS doesn't move up. That would solidify BB recruits out of the hot Philly BB market. If you are dropping Nova from that market I would seroiusly consider Temple over UMASS. Cuse and Conn can carry New England.05-stirthepot

07-coffee3
10-01-2007 08:00 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

Wilkie01 Wrote:Well, what the story on football for those two?04-cheers

They are both serious about 1-A football, apparently. Obviously they are years away from consideration, but to me they are worth paying close attention to because of their location.

Georgia State will play in the Georgia Dome, and they have former Broncos/Falcons coach Dan Reeves leading the charge for football (similar to what Howard Schnellenberger did at FAU). There are some major athletic improvements planned.

Charlotte is also seriously studying a move. My guess is that they don't like the fact that moving to the A-10 has pretty much made them irrelevent. Charlotte fans seem to think it's pretty solid that 49er football will happen.

It's all speculative, and both have tons of obstacles to overcome, but..... damn, wouldn't legit 1-A programs in Charlotte and Atlanta be nice in the BE? If USF can do it, no reason why these schools (or others) can't.... and at least these 2 have some exciting possible plans in place.
10-01-2007 08:03 PM
TyBull Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF / GA Tech
No to ucIf......

their fans are pains
10-01-2007 08:06 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

panite Wrote:
1) U Mass
2) U Conn
3) Syracuse
4) Rutgers
5) Pittsburgh
6) West Virginia

Division B
1) Cincinnati
2) Louisville
3) Memphis
4) East Carolina
5) South Florida
6) Central Florida

OK but I would bring Temple back if UMASS doesn't move up. That would solidify BB recruits out of the hot Philly BB market. If you are dropping Nova from that market I would seroiusly consider Temple over UMASS. Cuse and Conn can carry New England.05-stirthepot

07-coffee3

I did not include Nova because they can not afford to field a 1A football program.
10-01-2007 08:12 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

TyBull Wrote:No to ucIf......

their fans are pains

Get over it.05-nono
10-01-2007 08:14 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

wvucrazed Wrote:
Wilkie01 Wrote:Well, what the story on football for those two?04-cheers

They are both serious about 1-A football, apparently. Obviously they are years away from consideration, but to me they are worth paying close attention to because of their location.

Georgia State will play in the Georgia Dome, and they have former Broncos/Falcons coach Dan Reeves leading the charge for football (similar to what Howard Schnellenberger did at FAU). There are some major athletic improvements planned.

Charlotte is also seriously studying a move. My guess is that they don't like the fact that moving to the A-10 has pretty much made them irrelevent. Charlotte fans seem to think it's pretty solid that 49er football will happen.

It's all speculative, and both have tons of obstacles to overcome, but..... damn, wouldn't legit 1-A programs in Charlotte and Atlanta be nice in the BE? If USF can do it, no reason why these schools (or others) can't.... and at least these 2 have some exciting possible plans in place.

Yes
10-01-2007 08:14 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC
1) U Mass
2) U Conn
3) Syracuse
4) Rutgers
5) Pittsburgh
6) West Virginia

Division B
1) Cincinnati
2) Louisville
3) Memphis
4) East Carolina
5) South Florida
6) Central Florida

Wilkie, I don't think most UC and Louisville fans want to return to C-USA, which is what your conference and alignments will functionally create in football. I would be in favor of adding Memphis and UCF or ECU to get to 10 schools. But I don't want to sacrifice yearly games with UCONN, Syracuse, Rutgers, and Pittsburg to become a 12 team conference that dilutes the quality of football and undercuts emerging rivalries among current Big Beast schools.
10-01-2007 08:52 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Being in the BCS will make all three of the current CUSA teams just as good as the rest of us.04-cheers
10-01-2007 08:59 PM
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Georgia State?

Come on. They are down the road from Georgia Tech. They play hoops on the 3rd floor of one of their buildings. I can't see people all of a sudden supporting Ga. State over Ga. Tech with all that history. UCF played Ga. State in the A-Sun. I wasn't very impressed with their campus, support, and location to a big time program. The Georgia Dome will be the echo dome.
10-01-2007 09:04 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

KNIGHTTIME Wrote:Georgia State?

Come on. They are down the road from Georgia Tech. They play hoops on the 3rd floor of one of their buildings. I can't see people all of a sudden supporting Ga. State over Ga. Tech with all that history. UCF played Ga. State in the A-Sun. I wasn't very impressed with their campus, support, and location to a big time program. The Georgia Dome will be the echo dome.

You might be right... who knows. But they do have Dan Reeves, and they have a pretty big enrollment. Who knows.... Atlanta is a big city. I can see them getting in the 30k range at home games fairly quickly, especially if they have attractive opponents.

I've read that they have pretty ambitious goals for athletic upgrades, including a new arena.

It's obviously a long way from fruition and it may end up being closer to FIU than USF, but still... it's an intriguing possibility, IMHO.
10-01-2007 09:17 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
I'd like to see us pickup UCF and go to 9. Which leaves 3 spots for future qualified candidates or dream schools BC, UMD, PSU to go to 12.
10-01-2007 09:52 PM
esayem Online
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
I thought Georgia State just wanted a FCS squad to play in the CAA. Charlotte? I don't know about that.

Since we're talking schools who could be something, how about NYU? They have like 40k undergrads, but no place for a stadium. They have great athletic tradition, a nerdy nickname, and the Heisman guy! They are even a traditional rival of Rutgers!

UCF is a lock, and the Big East should scoop them up.

Memphis would have made more geographic sense than USF, (Memphis, Louisville, South Bend, Milwaukee, Chicago) but that's it. If there is a split those basketball schools probably won't be in the conference, so would Memphis still be considered? Will the shockwaves of a Big East split in turn split the CUSA? Then would Memphis join a new SouthWest Conference?

UMass and Temple are similar in regards to hoops, but I think the Minutemen would pound the Owls in football.

ECU should be considered for football-only, unless they hire Nolan Richardson.
10-01-2007 10:02 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Sounds good- let's go.
10-01-2007 11:18 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
1) U Mass
2) U Conn
3) Syracuse
4) Rutgers
5) Pittsburgh
6) West Virginia

Division B
1) Cincinnati
2) Louisville
3) Memphis
4) East Carolina
5) South Florida
6) Central Florida

I would not want to be a part of C-USA again and that is what that league would be.

I would support going to 10 with UCF being 1 and the other school coming from this group:

Memphis
Temple
East Carolina
10-02-2007 12:08 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Here's my two cents on ECU.....

yes, they are in a state with UNC, NCST, Duke, and Wake but....

not a one of these schools are a football power, year in and year out anyway...they are basketball schools.

So...ECU could, just maybe, become THE football school in the state if it was in a BCS conference (Big East). We wouldn't need them to be Top 25 in basketball. I could see ECU getting into the BE and being the school instate talent goes to for football....they aren't going to Wake (usually), UNC, or NCST. and they will NEVER go to Duke.

In fact I don't think it would be that hard for them to rise to the top of the class in the state in football. They have a loyal fan base now and a decent stadium...they just lack BCS power.

I say add ECU and in a few years, look out.....
10-02-2007 12:23 AM
DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
Wilkie01 Wrote:What do you think? We could have as many as 6 Top 25 teans in football every year in the future! Central Florida, South Florida and memphis should all provide additional bowls. And we could be a 7, 8 or even 9 bid basketball conference. 04-cheers

Twelve teams, 9 bids? That's asking a lot, of course.

At least you let in one private school. Or will Syracuse become "too small" for the Memphises and UCF's of the future?
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2007 06:24 AM by DFW HOYA.)
10-02-2007 06:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:
WVUCrazed, Charlotte will have a difficult time becoming sucessful in D1a football. Charlotte is not like Tampa. One of the main reasons ECU get's a hard time when it comes to expansion talks is due to the 4 ACC schools in North Carolina. Well, Charlotte will not only have to recruit against the 4 ACC schools, you would have to add Clemson, South Carolina, Tennessee, & ECU.
10-02-2007 07:21 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.