Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rocket legend deserves to be in CFHOF
Bookmark and Share
inductchuck Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: TOLEDO
Rocket legend deserves to be in CFHOF
I changed the subject line from 'Need UT Homecoming Volunteers for Great Cause'... the new subject is more fitting... but we still need volunteers :)

Hello fellow & loyal Toledoans,

I'm new to this blog, so probably best if I introduce myself. My name is Matt Armstead, proud UT Alumni ('91 - '95), former Student Government President and campus leader that recently got re-involved in my alma mater via a very special cause.

I’m extremely proud and honored to be a part of this and encourage your involvement as a volunteer/team member throughout Homecoming weekend.

What started as a novel way to honor the 35 – 0 Rockets, has become something so special that it amazes even those of us who devote a significant part of our lives to support this community and team. This homecoming, starting October 4th, an overtly positive, awe inspiring effort will be launched. It was founded by two volunteer UT alumni earlier this year, myself and Rick Longenecker (with a lot of help from several other volunteers). This grass roots effort to inspire greatness and honor those who instilled the value of education and mentoring will officially launch under the non-profit organization called ‘The Chuck Ealey Foundation’ (CEF). Chuck has put his personal stamp of approval on this project, and several University officials have personally endorsed these efforts.

The CEF is dedicated to inspiring youth and communities to pursue an undefeated spirit and strive for unparalleled success in their life endeavors. This will be achieved by seeking out unnoticed and untold stories of unparalleled success of positive athlete role models. The CEF employ four primary strategies:
1. Raise Public Awareness of Success Stories
2. Create Documentary and Educational Programs
3. Endow Scholarship Opportunities
4. Provide Recognition and Awards

InductChuck is the first order of business, it is backed by an exciting website and viral marketing campaign that will launch on October 4th that will allow UT fans, alumni and friends to have bragging rights as being part of a UT legacy that no other school can compete with. Most of all, the website will allow the world to see what an incredible human being and athlete Chuck is (as well as his teammates) and why he deserves to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame (CFHOF).

In order to make this effort wildly successful, I'm looking for volunteers. Please respond to the blog or email me at (inductchuck@gmail.com) if you would like to be involved in helping with the following:
1. Feet on the Street: Saturday, October 6th, handing out fliers during the parade, during tailgating, outside the Glassbowl before game time
2. Historian: Video and photograph during core events, starting Thursday, October 4th thru Saturday’s Game.
3. Evangelists: On Oct. 4th, visit http://www.inductchuck.com; sign the petition; and tell a friend (or a 1000 of them)

There will be a volunteer informational meeting on Thursday, October 4th from 7 - 8 pm (location forth coming) in which Chuck Ealey will be present. At the same time, Rick and I will provide a deeper perspective of our goals and what help we need from fans like you Homecoming Weekend and beyond. In addition, we will be giving away 50 throw back #16 Chuck Ealey jersey t-shirts to volunteers who sign up & commit to help; not to mention... Chuck will be there and available to sign them.

This is a truly special cause that needs die-hard fans to get involved and spread the word. Please join us in getting Chuck inducted into the CFHOF.

Thanks in advance for your support & Go Rockets!
- Matt & Rick
Co-Founders of The Chuck Ealey Foundation
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2007 11:31 PM by inductchuck.)
09-26-2007 10:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: Need UT Homecoming Volunteers for a great cause!
inductchuck Wrote:Hello fellow & loyal Toledoans,

I'm new to this blog, so probably best if I introduce myself. My name is Matt Armstead, proud UT Alumni ('91 - '95), former Student Government President and campus leader that recently got re-involved in my alma mater via a very special cause.

I’m extremely proud and honored to be a part of this and encourage your involvement as a volunteer/team member throughout Homecoming weekend.

What started as a novel way to honor the 35 – 0 Rockets, has become something so special that it amazes even those of us who devote a significant part of our lives to support this community and team. This homecoming, starting October 4th, an overtly positive, awe inspiring effort will be launched. It was founded by two volunteer UT alumni earlier this year, myself and Rick Longenecker (with a lot of help from several other volunteers). This grass roots effort to inspire greatness and honor those who instilled the value of education and mentoring will officially launch under the non-profit organization called ‘The Chuck Ealey Foundation’ (CFE). Chuck has put his personal stamp of approval on this project, and several University officials have personally endorsed these efforts.

The CFE is dedicated to inspiring youth and communities to pursue an undefeated spirit and strive for unparalleled success in their life endeavors. This will be achieved by seeking out unnoticed and untold stories of unparalleled success of positive athlete role models. The CFE employ four primary strategies:
1. Raise Public Awareness of Success Stories
2. Create Documentary and Educational Programs
3. Endow Scholarship Opportunities
4. Provide Recognition and Awards

InductChuck is the first order of business, it is backed by an exciting website and viral marketing campaign that will launch on October 4th that will allow UT fans, alumni and friends to have bragging rights as being part of a UT legacy that no other school can compete with. Most of all, the website will allow the world to see what an incredible human being and athlete Chuck is (as well as his teammates) and why he deserves to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame (CFHOF).

In order to make this effort wildly successful, I'm looking for volunteers. Please respond to the blog or email me at (inductchuck@gmail.com) if you would like to be involved in helping with the following:
1. Feet on the Street: Saturday, October 6th, handing out fliers during the parade, during tailgating, outside the Glassbowl before game time
2. Historian: Video and photograph during core events, starting Thursday, October 4th thru Saturday’s Game.
3. Evangelists: On Oct. 4th, visit http://www.inductchuck.com; sign the petition; and tell a friend (or a 1000 of them)

There will be a volunteer informational meeting on Thursday, October 4th from 7 - 8 pm (location forth coming) in which Chuck Ealey will be present. At the same time, Rick and I will provide a deeper perspective of our goals and what help we need from fans like you Homecoming Weekend and beyond. In addition, we will be giving away 50 throw back #16 Chuck Ealey jersey t-shirts to volunteers who sign up & commit to help, and Chuck will be available to sign them.

This is a truly special cause that needs die-hard fans to get involved and spread the word. Please join us in getting Chuck inducted into the CFHOF.

Thanks in advance for your support & Go Rockets!
- Matt & Rick
Co-Founders of The Chuck Ealey Foundation

This cause should be a no-brainer for volunteers to support!!! I have first-hand knowledge that the t-shirts are going to be really nice (plus who can pass up the opportunity to get Chuck Ealey to personally sign yours). See everyone next Thursday evening at the volunteer meeting!!! 02-13-banana
09-26-2007 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
[Image: throwbacktshirthu1.jpg]
09-26-2007 11:00 AM
BGSUalum1987 Offline
Noah's Dad

I Root For: BGSU!
Ranger:

Very sweet indeed. Good luck with this effort!
09-26-2007 11:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

inductchuck Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Rocket legend deserves to be in CFHOF
The Volunteer meeting for InductChuck.com will be Thursday, October 4th from 7 - 8 pm at the Driscoll Center Boardroom (2nd floor) - top of stairs to the left.

Chuck Ealey will be in attendance. We will be reviewing the background on our efforts to get Chuck inducted into the CFHOF and outlining to do's/activities/talk tracks for volunteers as we garner support from parade goers, tailgaters and game attendees during Homecoming.

Any questions, please call Matt Armstead @ 614.634.6161 or email inductchuck@gmail.com

Thanks much!
Matt

Attached File(s)
.gif  ic.gif (Size: 33.83 KB / Downloads: 12)
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2007 10:13 AM by inductchuck.)
10-01-2007 10:11 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
inductchuck Wrote:The Volunteer meeting for InductChuck.com will be Thursday, October 4th from 7 - 8 pm at the Driscoll Center Boardroom (2nd floor) - top of stairs to the left.

Chuck Ealey will be in attendance. We will be reviewing the background on our efforts to get Chuck inducted into the CFHOF and outlining to do's/activities/talk tracks for volunteers as we garner support from parade goers, tailgaters and game attendees during Homecoming.

Any questions, please call Matt Armstead @ 614.634.6161 or email inductchuck@gmail.com

Thanks much!
Matt

Matt,

I'm living in Virginia now and unable to attend local meetings for this effort, but let me know if I can help out with the effort in any way possible. I run the ToledoRockets.Net website, so anything you want listed on the website can be done.
10-01-2007 10:59 AM
inductchuck Offline
Water Engineer

rocketfootball Wrote:Matt,

I'm living in Virginia now and unable to attend local meetings for this effort, but let me know if I can help out with the effort in any way possible. I run the ToledoRockets.Net website, so anything you want listed on the website can be done.

Rocket Football,

Thank you for the reply. You bring up an excellent point, even though we are looking for 'feet on the street' homecoming weekend for the launch of our effort, the biggest piece of our quest will be virtual. We could absolutely use your help on October 4th and beyond in letting the Rocket fans and the world know UT has the most successful quarterback in NCAA history as a proud alumni member.

Oct. 4th will be the official launch and the day the website will be up and available to the public (http://www.inductchuck.com). For those of you not around homecoming weekend, you can help from a far by doing the following:
1) Visit: http://www.inductchuck.com
2) Sign the Petition
3) Spread the Word - by telling everyone you know via email, website links, blogs, etc. and have them (and their friends, and their friends' friends, ...) visit the site and sign the petition.

Many thanks for the help - let me know if you need anything!
Matt
10-01-2007 11:18 AM

sylvaniarocketfan1 Offline
All American

Boy, it would be great if we had an announcer named Kevin who came on this board and was able to get petition info or inductchuck.com on the big video screen, provided he had the resources.
10-01-2007 07:47 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Sorry it took so long, but I finally got a story up on my site on the Induct Chuck Campaign.

Induct Chuck!
11-02-2007 01:19 PM
inductchuck Offline
Water Engineer

Thanks for spreading the word - great write up!

Matt

rocketfootball Wrote:Sorry it took so long, but I finally got a story up on my site on the Induct Chuck Campaign.

Induct Chuck!
11-03-2007 07:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.