Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Worst NIU football team in last 7 years???
Bookmark and Share
niurandy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Worst NIU football team in last 7 years???
Another heart breaking loss...as NIU fans, we've seen it time and time again. there are many similarities to the SIU loss...We outplayed them and gave the game away. TIME and TIME again Nicholson makes a a HUGE mistake that cost us the game. Yes the O-line really let us down. Our D played good but not great. This defensive group is over rated. Its a solid group but not spectacular as originally advertised. The Novak teams the past 3 years simply cannot close the show.

This is the WORST team we've had in 7 years. However I see light at the end of the tunnel for a few reasons.

1)Running game seems solid for next 2-3 years with Anderson and Spann, plus our recruiting pipeline at this position is second to none.

2)Joe will retire soon(maybe after the season), need a new chief to get us over the hump, its been pretty clear he's gotten us as far as he could. I am confident Phillip will land a top notch coach as a replacement

3)Demetrius Jones - This could be our franchise player that we need for several reasons A)the possitive pub for our program with his transer is huge, its a huge endorsement for our FB program B)It could help upgrade our recruiting at the WR position C) We've havn't had a QB of this caliber here in a LONG LONG time D) this may help in bringing in a top notch coach

MY BIGGEST FEAR IS THAT JOE DOESN"T RETIRE AFTER THIS YEAR AND PLAYS THE SENIOR QB AHEAD OF DJ. THIS WOULD BE CONSISTENT OF WHAT HE'S DONE IN THE PAST

Chalk this season as done we'll be lucky to finish at .500 but the next few years could be exciting GO HUSKIES
09-15-2007 08:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
RE: Worst NIU football team in last 7 years???
niurandy Wrote:MY BIGGEST FEAR IS THAT JOE... AND PLAYS THE SENIOR QB AHEAD OF DJ. THIS WOULD BE CONSISTENT OF WHAT HE'S DONE IN THE PAST

I agree 1,000,000,000,000,000%
09-15-2007 08:30 PM
niurandy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
We're at the bottom of this painful cycle. We will Ascend from here, hopefully the peak will be well above 2003. Go HUSKIES
09-15-2007 08:31 PM
Huskiepride Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU & the Cubs
Quote:A)the possitive pub for our program with his transer is huge, its a huge endorsement for our FB program

Yeah, just what we need. Bring national attention to a team that's 0-3 with losses to a 1-AA team and bottom 10 team. I can only imagine what kind of kids would want to play here!
09-15-2007 08:33 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
DiehardHuskie Wrote:
niurandy Wrote:MY BIGGEST FEAR IS THAT JOE... AND PLAYS THE SENIOR QB AHEAD OF DJ. THIS WOULD BE CONSISTENT OF WHAT HE'S DONE IN THE PAST

More foolish absurd idiotic talk. What indication is there that Joe Novak would play someone who didnt deserve it. Oh wait it was Horvath that didnt deserve it because Nicholson was the second coming of Terry Bradshaw. Oh wait, no thats wrong, Nicholson really sucks now and is a horrible QB, but last year as a backup he was a hall of fame type QB. No freshman on our team really see the field do they? Oh wait we were the youngest team in the nation last year, there goes that theory. Please I know you guys are frustrated but try just a little bit to make some sense.
09-15-2007 08:35 PM
clcfball11 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU!!!
If Novak plays nicholson over DJ, every person (men, women, and children) in attendance will wait for him in the parking lot after each home game..that would be a JOKE
09-15-2007 08:36 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
clcfball11 Wrote:If Novak plays nicholson over DJ, every person (men, women, and children) in attendance will wait for him in the parking lot after each home game..that would be a JOKE

I can just see it now, like it has been done since Novak has been here, there will be competition for the position. The best guy will start, what a conspiracy.
09-15-2007 08:38 PM
Advertisement

huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
clcfball11 Wrote:If Novak plays nicholson over DJ, every person (men, women, and children) in attendance will wait for him in the parking lot after each home game..that would be a JOKE

lets at least wait for the 2008 spring game to see them compete before penciling Jones in the starting lineup...
09-15-2007 08:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIUslumo Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
niurandy Wrote:We're at the bottom of this painful cycle. We will Ascend from here, hopefully the peak will be well above 2003. Go HUSKIES

NEVER! The only way it happens is if by chance this D. Jones turns it into a huge upswing, better recruits, better teams, etc. Even if a team goes 11-1 let's say, I would find it very, very hard to believe they would be better than the 2003 team.
09-15-2007 08:39 PM
niurandy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Huskiepride Wrote:
Quote:A)the possitive pub for our program with his transer is huge, its a huge endorsement for our FB program

Yeah, just what we need. Bring national attention to a team that's 0-3 with losses to a 1-AA team and bottom 10 team. I can only imagine what kind of kids would want to play here!

We've recuruited sucessfully before when we were much much worse. To be honest our recuiting has been a disappointment it can only get better. Don't overlook the fact the the past 5 years we've landed at least a half dozens players in the NFL. I hoping we start to see the benefits of this within the next few years
09-15-2007 08:40 PM
Advertisement

niurandy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
NIUslumo Wrote:
niurandy Wrote:We're at the bottom of this painful cycle. We will Ascend from here, hopefully the peak will be well above 2003. Go HUSKIES

NEVER! The only way it happens is if by chance this D. Jones turns it into a huge upswing, better recruits, better teams, etc. Even if a team goes 11-1 let's say, I would find it very, very hard to believe they would be better than the 2003 team.

Hard, but doable.

1)be ranked in the top 10
2) Win the MAC
3)bowl victory

2003 team was our best, but we didn't get #2 or #3(yea I know we got screwed). and yes I know we had lots of upsets over BCS teams in 2003, I am assuming we would have to do the same in order to be ranked in the top ten.

All this is possible, but our program would have to be elevated to the next level and thats what I am hoping
09-15-2007 08:48 PM
niurandy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
DiehardHuskie Wrote:

More foolish absurd idiotic talk. What indication is there that Joe Novak would play someone who didnt deserve it. Oh wait it was Horvath that didnt deserve it because Nicholson was the second coming of Terry Bradshaw. Oh wait, no thats wrong, Nicholson really sucks now and is a horrible QB, but last year as a backup he was a hall of fame type QB. No freshman on our team really see the field do they? Oh wait we were the youngest team in the nation last year, there goes that theory. Please I know you guys are frustrated but try just a little bit to make some sense.

MADDAWGZ02,

take off your freaking NOVAK rose colored glasses off for a minute and look at the facts. JOE DOES FAVOR UPPER CLASSMEN OVER TALENT. two examples .....MICHAEL TURNER and GARRETT WOLFE
both and I stress BOTH players did not get the nodd until someone got hurt. IF AJ had been healthy....we may never had seen wolfe..the same might have been said about Turner.
09-15-2007 09:02 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
niurandy Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
DiehardHuskie Wrote:

MADDAWGZ02,

take off your freaking NOVAK rose colored glasses off for a minute and look at the facts. JOE DOES FAVOR UPPER CLASSMEN OVER TALENT. two examples .....MICHAEL TURNER and GARRETT WOLFE
both and I stress BOTH players did not get the nodd until someone got hurt. IF AJ had been healthy....we may never had seen wolfe..the same might have been said about Turner.

ummm...if AJ was healthy, he would've been good. and thomas hammock was a pretty good running back as well. I too would favor upperclassmen, because they know the system better, and should in theory execute better. this isn't a video game where you can just plug in any player and be successful
09-15-2007 09:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.