Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How did the mysterious "Mr. Hsu" evade the Secret Service??
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
How did the mysterious "Mr. Hsu" evade the Secret Service??
Contoocook, N.H - Former President Bill Clinton said he was "shocked" by revelations that a top fundraiser for his wife is a fugitive from justice and claimed he didn't even know what "HillRaiser" Norman Hsu did for a living.

"You could have knocked me over with a straw, especially when I heard the L.A. people had been allegedly looking for him for 15 years when he was in plain view," he told Newsday while touring a county fair in rural New Hampshire Sunday.

"I never knew how he made a living or anything, but I was shocked," said Clinton of Hsu, who has made millions as an investor in tetxtile and other businesses.

Hsu has been a fugitive after being convicted of fraud in the early 1990s in San Mateo, Calif.

Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Hillary Clinton donated $23,000 in Hsu contributions after his criminal history was revealed by the Los Angeles Times last week.

Clinton said it wasn't necessary to return $100,000 or more collected by Hsu from other donors.

"I think she did the right thing giving [/b]the money back pending resolution of his case," Clinton added. "If the other people say they gave the money of their own accord then I think she should keep it."

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...,6566532.story

It would be very interesting to check the Federal Election Commission records to see if Mr. Hsu ever attended any "fund-raisers" in the White House during the Clinton years or any fund raisers in which Clinton or Gore or Hillary were present.

I have attended a Bush fundraiser before. To attend one with the President or VP, or Hillary, since she is under Secret Service protection, and has been since 1992, you are required to provide a drivers license and social security number for security purposes. The ID’s are then run to look for “threats” and other things, like felony bench warrants…

Ideally, the Secret Service would have run the ID numbers on Mr. Hsu and found the 1990's California Arrest Warrant and taken him into custody.
[/color]
But they didn’t...
[color=#000080]
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2007 09:36 PM by WoodlandsOwl.)
09-03-2007 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.