Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Best Win, Worst Loss
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Best Win, Worst Loss
The Ville...

Best Win - Fiesta Bowl blow out of Bama in 1990.
Worst Loss - Rutgers last year, cost us a chance to play in the BCS Championship
07-18-2007 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Goldballs Offline
Banned

I Root For: SOUTHERN MISS
RE: Best Win, Worst Loss
army56mike Wrote:The Ville...

Best Win - Fiesta Bowl blow out of Bama in 1990.
Worst Loss - Rutgers last year, cost us a chance to play in the BCS Championship

Guess who the only team to beat you that year was?........1990
07-18-2007 01:47 PM
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Crappies
Best win - one of:

- Miami '96 (ECU 31, Miami 6 at the OB)
- Miami '99 (ECU 27, Miami 23 - Hurricane Floyd game in Raleigh)
- Pitt '91 (2 pt. conversion under a minute to win it 24-23)
- NC State '91 (down 17 in Peach Bowl w/ 8 minutes left, win 37-34, go 11-1, and finish #9 in the country)

Worst loss (first one that comes to mind):

unc-ch '01 (lost 24-21 - had a 77-yard TD pass called back on an outrageous phantom holding call (we were playing @ unc-ch FTR), had another TD pass deflect off a Pirate helmet for an INT, had a long TD run fumbled through the endzone for a touchback, and had a TD "catch" (ball fell/dropped straight down into his hands) made by a unc-ch player on his back in the very back of the endzone after an ECU defender deflected it poorly.....what a frustrating day....[/i]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2007 02:58 PM by Capital Pirate.)
07-18-2007 02:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards
Best win: Pitt in their BCS year. Wasn't even that close.

Worst loss: Syracuse 2006. Yikes.
07-18-2007 02:24 PM
Hummell Offline
Banned

I Root For: East Carolina
I'd say our worst loss was the one to Cincy in John Thompsons first game. We lost 40-3. We should never lose like that to a program that we have owned over the years. I knew John Thompson was huge mistake after that joke of a display against one of the nations weakest teams.
07-18-2007 02:48 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.