Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

big east anyone?
Bookmark and Share
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
big east anyone?
The Big East is looking for a 9th football only team, how about we make that jump? [url= http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBR893S74F.html[/url]
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2007 10:49 PM by Big_Man.)
07-17-2007 10:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
RE: big east anyone?
Do it!

I can't see it happening though.
07-17-2007 10:50 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Interesting that they were talking to Army. Army hasn't had a winning season since 1996. They said they were looking for a team that would make them better. Army wouldn't do that for them.
07-17-2007 11:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
niu79 Offline
All American

epasnoopy Wrote:Interesting that they were talking to Army. Army hasn't had a winning season since 1996. They said they were looking for a team that would make them better. Army wouldn't do that for them.

Army had a bad experience trying to compete in CUSA, I'm not surprised they turned the Big East down. However, I am very surprised that Navy said they weren't interested.

From reading this article, no need to apply unless your initials are ND.
07-17-2007 11:14 PM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

I heard an interview with the Navy President or AD, who talked about wanting to stay an independent because they have support around the country and didn't want to be tied to a conference.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2007 11:17 PM by dynovinyl.)
07-17-2007 11:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

dynovinyl Wrote:I heard an interview with the Navy President or AD, who talked about wanting to stay an independent because they have support around the country and didn't want to be tied to a conference.

Well, we're already tied to a conference, might as well tie ourselves to a better one.
07-17-2007 11:19 PM
Advertisement

dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

I'm talking about Navy and their unique situation as a service academie with fans around the country.
07-17-2007 11:21 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

niu79 Wrote:
epasnoopy Wrote:Interesting that they were talking to Army. Army hasn't had a winning season since 1996. They said they were looking for a team that would make them better. Army wouldn't do that for them.

From reading this article, no need to apply unless your initials are ND.

I don't think the Big East would even think about us unless we approached them. They might be thinking about East schools currently, but if NIU approached them i would think they would find us to be a very interesting possibility with our success, exposure, and Chicago market.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2007 11:24 PM by epasnoopy.)
07-17-2007 11:22 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I don't think the Big East would be interested in our 28,000 seat stadium.
07-17-2007 11:25 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

7 Wrote:I don't think the Big East would be interested in our 28,000 seat stadium.

If an announcement was made that NIU was to join the Big East if we could raise enough money to expand and renovate the stadium i think alumni would step up for the cause.
07-17-2007 11:32 PM
niu79 Offline
All American

epasnoopy Wrote:
7 Wrote:I don't think the Big East would be interested in our 28,000 seat stadium.

If an announcement was made that NIU was to join the Big East if we could raise enough money to expand and renovate the stadium i think alumni would step up for the cause.

We will need to sustain 2003-like success the next few years to even get on the BE radar.
07-17-2007 11:48 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

Well, i sent an email to the Senior Associate Commissioner (John Marinatto) and the Associate Commissioner (Football) (Nick Carparelli, Jr.). You'll never know if you don't try.
07-18-2007 12:09 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

epasnoopy Wrote:Well, i sent an email to the Senior Associate Commissioner (John Marinatto) and the Associate Commissioner (Football) (Nick Carparelli, Jr.). You'll never know if you don't try.
And exactly what are you expecting to come of that?
07-18-2007 12:19 AM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

[Image: deargod.jpg]
07-18-2007 12:25 AM
niu79 Offline
All American

epasnoopy Wrote:Well, i sent an email to the Senior Associate Commissioner (John Marinatto) and the Associate Commissioner (Football) (Nick Carparelli, Jr.). You'll never know if you don't try.

Snoopy, please remember to post their response! 03-lmfao
07-18-2007 12:27 AM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

7 Wrote:
And exactly what are you expecting to come of that?

I'm expecting them to grant us full membership beginning the 2009 season.
07-18-2007 12:35 AM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

niu79 Wrote:

If i even get one, i will.
07-18-2007 12:36 AM
niu79 Offline
All American

epasnoopy Wrote:
niu79 Wrote:

If i even get one, i will.

As an aside, one afternoon four years ago my son sent Joe Novak an e-mail telling him he ought to take a look at the Naperville Central placekicker. Joe responded within an hour thanking him for his e-mail. Not that it mattered, but we signed Chris Nendick the following spring.
07-18-2007 12:43 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
Just what we need, message board fans asking for entrance into a BCS conference. Tards.
07-18-2007 04:47 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
Why are all you so scared and pessimistic? I have no doubt in my mind the BE is interested. How interested is the question. They have very little exposure in the region. Some say Toledo. True. They would be fine but how much can their fan base really grow with Michigan and Ohio State so close? I guess it would give them Cleveland and Detroit markets though. For those of you who wonder about basketball, except for the size of their b-ball conference, I think we would be a good fit. We CAN get better in a better conference. The BE has DePaul and Marquette that make for short road trips and will fill each schools arenas. As for Huskie Stadium expansion, well we would get more/better corporate sponsors and more Alums would be interested and give back more. We could probably even FINALLY get a sponsor for the Convo. We also get more money just from being in a BCS conference. One thing that worries me. Can a conference survive with 2 teams with the name "Huskies"? It could become a rival and a tradition to play UConn in the annual "Huskie Bowl" or "Dog Bowl". 03-wink
07-18-2007 06:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.