Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MEDIA WATCH- July 12
Bookmark and Share
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
MEDIA WATCH- July 12
Doug Fritz wrote an article on the search for the Elizabethton baseball coach and didn't reveal one potential candidate-

http://johnsoncitypress.com/Detail.php?C...S&ID=59783

It should be mentioned yesterday Fritz had on a column about Fantasy Baseball. That's lazy writing.

The second thing is listening to WXSM this morning and Kasey Mahler trying to tell us how great the SEC was because of the competitiveness of Vanderbilt and Kentucky.

I'm not making this up.

Third- someone at Citadel let Don Helman have the leyway to choose his own guests without going to master for permission. We know by this time he's not Bubba the Love Sponge and won't have on someone to slaughter a calf on the air.

But after 17 years in the market he should be given the ability to run his own show and therefore be able to break news. When he was doing 35 hours of sports talk last week and could only do an open phone for half of it he had people calling him up asking him what church he went to.

That's not Helman's fault. That's the fault of station management for putting him in that position.

Speaking of which- Bill-

Bud Selig- BAD

NBA Officiating- BAD

College Football Playoff- GOOD

Anything associated with U of Tenn- GOOD

Got it. Can we now move on?

Fourth- Kudos to the JC Press for being more on the cusp of journalism and emphasizing features and reporting than game coverage.

By 7 a.m. most people who care know who won the ballgame last night.

However, I do miss the game story of the Cardinals game. I do miss a more detailed box (something the Cardinals should be supplying the media themselves).

There's also the thought that with five teams in the area being able to have a more detailed digest of coverage every morning might be nice.

Then again, if the teams themselves placed more emphasis on helping the media that probably would come to fruition.
07-12-2007 09:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
RE: MEDIA WATCH- July 12
Dont forget...

BOSTON CELTICS- BEST FRANCHISE EVER ASSEMBLED
CELTICS LAKERS- BEST RIVALRY IN SPORTS
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2007 12:58 PM by ETSUfan1.)
07-12-2007 12:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Also Aaron Rowan is the worst hitter in baseball and didn't belong in the allstar game. I've gotten to listen to both the morning and afternoon shows the last couple of days, and I think there are DEF. some areas that need improvement. I like the guest host idea, especially kenny and kasey since they have the two best personalities in sports in the region. Hearing Joe Avento talk about the latest golf course he played at makes me want to go back to sleep. I really wonder why the shows don't allow contrary opinions to anything about Tennessee, I think that's ridiculous that as adults they can't have a discussion on the air about the program, and realize that hey, it's not where it needs to be. In short, the show has a hard time calling a spade a spade, atleast on all things local. You know I get it that Barry Bonds, Pacman, Vick, Chris Henry and Bud Selig are jackasses, I hear it during Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick's show from people who have actually met and have working relationships with these stars.
I believe Bill Meade either needs a co-host, or he needs set, weekly callers, people like Graham Clark, or Coach Bartow, or even Mike White. Ron Bliss and the owner or the Trophy Shop DO NOT COUNT, and if Jack Sitgreaves (owner of Hound Dogs) starts calling in that should be immediate grounds for a phone call to Chuck Norris. That arrogant S.O.B. is nothing a roundhouse kick to the face couldn't handle. The Tri-Cities has all the potential in the world, not just in sports, but in growth. It's near major interstates, centrally located between fast growing cities (two hours from Knoxville/Asheville/Roanoke, four hours from Atlanta/Charlotte/Nashville) yet this place is stuck in about 1994.
07-12-2007 02:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
I too am sick of hearing about the hosts' golf games.

I don't think the owner of a sports clothing store really needs to be physically assaulted.

And you are right- a bit more objectivity regarding UT would go a long way.
07-13-2007 12:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.