Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Did Rodney Dangerfield attend a mwc school?
Bookmark and Share
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Did Rodney Dangerfield attend a mwc school?
Talk about no respect. I was killing some time online looking at past records and rankings, and the MWC has really done well, hasn't it? I guess it's cause the games are played so late and there's not much coverage on the east coast, but you always have at least one really strong league.

What in your opinion will it take for the MWC to catch up to C-USA in TV coverage and bowl participants?

a) play games at noon for east coast to notice
b) have the bottom feeders pick up slack
c) Try to steal Boise from the WAC

BTW, as a C-USA fan, it’s cook to see how much you guys admire UTEP. There’s more post favoring trying to lure them back on here than I could count. Peace!

Good luck to you guys this fall! 04-cheers
07-10-2007 06:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Loboblast-mwc Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Did Rodney Dangerfield attend a mwc school?
Eagle in the gym Wrote:What in your opinion will it take for the MWC to catch up to C-USA in TV coverage and bowl participants?

How about playing on Sun, Mon and Tue like CUSA, MAC, WAC and Sunbelt?? Oh, on the other hand.....no thanks! Those slots are for conferences willing to bend over for ESPN!!

Quote:BTW, as a C-USA fan, it’s cook to see how much you guys admire UTEP. There’s more post favoring trying to lure them back on here than I could count. Peace!

UTEP has more history with MWC teams than the teams in CUSA, that's probably why.
07-11-2007 05:21 AM
UTEPDude Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTEP & C-USA
Loboblast-mwc Wrote:
Eagle in the gym Wrote:What in your opinion will it take for the MWC to catch up to C-USA in TV coverage and bowl participants?

How about playing on Sun, Mon and Tue like CUSA, MAC, WAC and Sunbelt?? Oh, on the other hand.....no thanks! Those slots are for conferences willing to bend over for ESPN!!

Quote:BTW, as a C-USA fan, it’s cook to see how much you guys admire UTEP. There’s more post favoring trying to lure them back on here than I could count. Peace!

UTEP has more history with MWC teams than the teams in CUSA, that's probably why.
These guys on their MWC don't stop with their expansion posts, pretty funny IMO.
I hear the rumblings of expansion...MWC forum
UTEP is mentioned all over their expansion threads.. 03-lmfao
Some are for it and some are against it, the weird thing is that UTEP is not even trying to get into the MWaC unlike BSU, FSU, Nevada, and Hawaii..now those schools want into the MWaC bad, UTEP isn't even interested in the MWaC.
07-14-2007 12:24 AM
Advertisement

Loboblast-mwc Offline
1st String

I Root For:
UTEPDude Wrote:These guys on their MWC don't stop with their expansion posts, pretty funny IMO.
Some are for it and some are against it, the weird thing is that UTEP is not even trying to get into the MWaC unlike BSU, FSU, Nevada, and Hawaii..now those schools want into the MWaC bad, UTEP isn't even interested in the MWaC.

I agree that UTEP is mentioned by many MWC posters. The vast majority of posters state their opinions soley based on "rivalries" and not necesearly what benefites MWC more, ex: strength on top, money from TV, etc. As a matter of fact I myself was one of those who picked UTEP as one of my favorites for MWC inclusion if the conference ever expands.

After realizing what MWC needs to become a stronger conference i have changed my mind about many things concerning expansion.

1. UTEP has since fallen off as a candidate primarily due to their recent fall in both football(Early Price mystic quickly faded going 10-15 since the hot start)and basketball (Tourney appearance now a distant past since they lost their coach and replaced him with a "no name" hire) This is knowing that the addition of UTEP probably helps UNM most than other MWC programs due to the long heated rivalry.

2. MWC12 is not an ideal amount for this conf. if it's going to be relegated like the MAC and CUSA in which they play the Champ game at the top rated team's home field (not neutral)and a non Big12/ACC/SEC Champ game date. It's to "mid-major"ish compared to what the major conf. have setup.

3. A MWC10 (or maybe MWC11 with FSU)is probably the best amount for this conf. Adding Boise St will instantly add strength on top just like the addition of TCU did. The addition of Fresno St will boost the quality depth of this league.

So my opinion concerning this matter is that right now UTEP is not ready for MWC inclusion even if they were campaigning for entry. I agree that UTEP is WAY better off in CUSA right now.

Plus, it does not benefit the MWC to go to 12 teams if it's going to be setup like CUSA and MAC by having the game played in a non neutral site and awful start/date time as well.
07-14-2007 06:37 AM
UTEPDude Offline
Special Teams

Loboblast-mwc Wrote:
UTEPDude Wrote:These guys on their MWC don't stop with their expansion posts, pretty funny IMO.

I agree that UTEP is mentioned by many MWC posters. The vast majority of posters state their opinions soley based on "rivalries" and not necesearly what benefites MWC more, ex: strength on top, money from TV, etc. As a matter of fact I myself was one of those who picked UTEP as one of my favorites for MWC inclusion if the conference ever expands.

After realizing what MWC needs to become a stronger conference i have changed my mind about many things concerning expansion.

1. UTEP has since fallen off as a candidate primarily due to their recent fall in both football(Early Price mystic quickly faded going 10-15 since the hot start)and basketball (Tourney appearance now a distant past since they lost their coach and replaced him with a "no name" hire) This is knowing that the addition of UTEP probably helps UNM most than other MWC programs due to the long heated rivalry.

2. MWC12 is not an ideal amount for this conf. if it's going to be relegated like the MAC and CUSA in which they play the Champ game at the top rated team's home field (not neutral)and a non Big12/ACC/SEC Champ game date. It's to "mid-major"ish compared to what the major conf. have setup.

3. A MWC10 (or maybe MWC11 with FSU)is probably the best amount for this conf. Adding Boise St will instantly add strength on top just like the addition of TCU did. The addition of Fresno St will boost the quality depth of this league.

So my opinion concerning this matter is that right now UTEP is not ready for MWC inclusion even if they were campaigning for entry. I agree that UTEP is WAY better off in CUSA right now.

Plus, it does not benefit the MWC to go to 12 teams if it's going to be setup like CUSA and MAC by having the game played in a non neutral site and awful start/date time as well.
UTEP does not need the goats and the goats don't need UTEP. You will not be receiving the BCS autobid no matter who you add. I know a lot you guys dream and drool about the autobid...but sorry wont be happening at all for the MWC.

Dude, you guys should just add BSU, FSU, and Nevada and be done with it, that way you guys can stop your whining about wanting UTEP or not wanting UTEP.. some of you guys sound pathetic over there. BSU, FSU, and Nevada all probably dream about getting out of the WAC so do them a favor and add them. UTEP does not want to be in a conference that has lesser bowls, bad ratings, bowls that no one has heard of (New Mexico Bowl, Poinsettia Bowl, Vegas Bowl...), a TV contract that includes playing on a channel called the mtn..LOL!!! no one has even heard of the mtn.. 03-lmfao We have a great thing going for us in C-USA; Texas recruiting, decent TV contract, better bowls, and so on. 03-nutkick
07-14-2007 01:56 PM
Advertisement

Loboblast-mwc Offline
1st String

I Root For:
UTEPDude Wrote:UTEP does not need the goats and the goats don't need UTEP. You will not be receiving the BCS autobid no matter who you add. I know a lot you guys dream and drool about the autobid...but sorry wont be happening at all for the MWC.

Dude, you guys should just add BSU, FSU, and Nevada and be done with it, that way you guys can stop your whining about wanting UTEP or not wanting UTEP.. some of you guys sound pathetic over there. BSU, FSU, and Nevada all probably dream about getting out of the WAC so do them a favor and add them. UTEP does not want to be in a conference that has lesser bowls, bad ratings, bowls that no one has heard of (New Mexico Bowl, Poinsettia Bowl, Vegas Bowl...), a TV contract that includes playing on a channel called the mtn..LOL!!! no one has even heard of the mtn.. 03-lmfao We have a great thing going for us in C-USA; Texas recruiting, decent TV contract, better bowls, and so on. 03-nutkick

I agree what you said that UTEP and MWC don't need each other. Yet you fail to mention (or turning a blind eye?) to the possibility that IF the MWC does expand and get BSU, FSU and Nevada, it will FUTHER distance itself from CUSA and the rest of the non-BCS leagues. That will certainly help our cause at getting an autobid.....if not FINE then at least a yearly BCS Bowl berth making it harder for the WAC/MAC/CUSA and SBC to achieve one.

I'll admit that BEFORE the raid, CUSA and MWC were pretty even top to bottom in football. I'll be the first one to admit that CUSA basketball (preraid era) was way better than MWC basketball, now it's a totally different story with CUSA barely cracking the top 10 in conference rankings!

Since the raid, CUSA took a big step back in football and practically fell off the map in basketball. The MWC has busted the BCS and even the WAC has also (after the raid no less), yet dispite CUSA fan's dillusional "happy forcast" of its future, the current state of CUSA football is horrendous and it's chances can only get worse if the MWC raids the WAC and NBE raids CUSA again.

If i was a UTEP fan (thank god i'm not) i would be afraid of the impending expansion that might take place in the next few seasons.

CUSA suffered the worse from the last round of expansion that happend around the country and could possibly be even worse next time around!!!

Poor CUSA fans....they are so dellusional about their "bright future" and cheap paying bowl games getting raped by MAC and Skunkpelt teams playing on ESPNU on Sunday night head on with the NFL.....yet they don't realize the impending doom that will happen if the NBE starts a chain reaction again by expanding.

I guess you should enjory these years while you can huh pendejo??
07-15-2007 06:20 AM
MWC-CHI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: P12 bound Utah
Eagle in the gym Wrote:Talk about no respect. I was killing some time online looking at past records and rankings, and the MWC has really done well, hasn't it? I guess it's cause the games are played so late and there's not much coverage on the east coast, but you always have at least one really strong league.

What in your opinion will it take for the MWC to catch up to C-USA in TV coverage and bowl participants?

a) play games at noon for east coast to notice
b) have the bottom feeders pick up slack
c) Try to steal Boise from the WAC

BTW, as a C-USA fan, it’s cook to see how much you guys admire UTEP. There’s more post favoring trying to lure them back on here than I could count. Peace!

It boils down to one thing. Performance on the field. The time difference is a problem sure. At the same time, if there are afternoon games going on in the MWC, then there's no excuse for coverage or lack thereof. And if it's a problem for the MWC schools, why is that not a problem for UTEP? They are in the same boat as 2/3 of the MWC.

There are teams who need to step up while the Projected top 3 (BYU, TCU and Utah) have to be stronger. (on the field)

There are games that do start at noon Mountain Time.

Versus will have games on at 2 Eastern, 11 a.m. Pacific. Plus, have Big XII games leading up to the MWC game. It's a building block, but there is the need for a few more.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2007 10:43 AM by MWC-CHI.)
07-15-2007 10:40 AM
Advertisement

UTEPDude Offline
Special Teams

Loboblast-mwc Wrote:I agree what you said that UTEP and MWC don't need each other. Yet you fail to mention (or turning a blind eye?) to the possibility that IF the MWC does expand and get BSU, FSU and Nevada, it will FUTHER distance itself from CUSA and the rest of the non-BCS leagues. That will certainly help our cause at getting an autobid.....if not FINE then at least a yearly BCS Bowl berth making it harder for the WAC/MAC/CUSA and SBC to achieve one.

I'll admit that BEFORE the raid, CUSA and MWC were pretty even top to bottom in football. I'll be the first one to admit that CUSA basketball (preraid era) was way better than MWC basketball, now it's a totally different story with CUSA barely cracking the top 10 in conference rankings!

Since the raid, CUSA took a big step back in football and practically fell off the map in basketball. The MWC has busted the BCS and even the WAC has also (after the raid no less), yet dispite CUSA fan's dillusional "happy forcast" of its future, the current state of CUSA football is horrendous and it's chances can only get worse if the MWC raids the WAC and NBE raids CUSA again.

If i was a UTEP fan (thank god i'm not) i would be afraid of the impending expansion that might take place in the next few seasons.

CUSA suffered the worse from the last round of expansion that happend around the country and could possibly be even worse next time around!!!

Poor CUSA fans....they are so dellusional about their "bright future" and cheap paying bowl games getting raped by MAC and Skunkpelt teams playing on ESPNU on Sunday night head on with the NFL.....yet they don't realize the impending doom that will happen if the NBE starts a chain reaction again by expanding.

The MWC will not be getting an autobid any time soon. Even if the BE takes some of our teams away, and the MWC expands, you will not get an autobid at all. We will still end up on the same page as you. 03-lol

Get over yourself lowblow.., BSU and Utah were both able to get into a BCS game, congrats to them, I congratulate them and them only, not their conferences. BSU and Utah fans have a right to talk about BCS bowls because they have been there...UNM fans have never been ranked in an AP poll and can only dream of BCS bowls, so their words aren't respected when it comes to BCS bowls.

I'm not afraid of anyone leaving C-USA, UTEP and the rest of the schools that stick by us will be fine. How about this, you be afraid for us, lowblow..you seem to talk more about this subject than we do..so I assume you care more about it.. So I'll let you be afraid for us. 03-zzz

Also, what the hell does "enjory" mean? And you call me the pendejo? 03-lol Si guey!
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2007 12:41 AM by UTEPDude.)
07-16-2007 12:35 AM
Loboblast-mwc Offline
1st String

I Root For:
UTEPDude Wrote:
Loboblast-mwc Wrote:I agree what you said that UTEP and MWC don't need each other. Yet you fail to mention (or turning a blind eye?) to the possibility that IF the MWC does expand and get BSU, FSU and Nevada, it will FUTHER distance itself from CUSA and the rest of the non-BCS leagues. That will certainly help our cause at getting an autobid.....if not FINE then at least a yearly BCS Bowl berth making it harder for the WAC/MAC/CUSA and SBC to achieve one.

The MWC will not be getting an autobid any time soon. Even if the BE takes some of our teams away, and the MWC expands, you will not get an autobid at all. We will still end up on the same page as you. 03-lol

Get over yourself lowblow.., BSU and Utah were both able to get into a BCS game, congrats to them, I congratulate them and them only, not their conferences. BSU and Utah fans have a right to talk about BCS bowls because they have been there...UNM fans have never been ranked in an AP poll and can only dream of BCS bowls, so their words aren't respected when it comes to BCS bowls.

I'm not afraid of anyone leaving C-USA, UTEP and the rest of the schools that stick by us will be fine. How about this, you be afraid for us, lowblow..you seem to talk more about this subject than we do..so I assume you care more about it.. So I'll let you be afraid for us. 03-zzz

Also, what the hell does "enjory" mean? And you call me the pendejo? 03-lol Si guey!

Well i guess shouldn't be to hard on you because you play in CUSA. After all, the MWC might not ever be BCS but our Champ will certainly be in contention for it on a yearly basis. CUSA on the other hand will struggle as usual just to get one team ranked. For god sakes even the WAC is getting better now in both football and basketball.

As for UNM not being ranked ever, so what? We have made progress since we left the WAC and will continue to do so and we still OWN UTEP on the field.

Poor CUSA, they still can't recuperate after the raid..but hey, at least you have an extra bowl vs the Skunkpelt to get your ass beat and throw a bone at by NO Bowl (325K) for attending huh?03-lmfao03-nutkick
07-16-2007 09:57 PM
Advertisement

MondoMiner Offline
Adelantado and Captain-General

I Root For: Los Mineros
Loboblast-mwc Wrote:I agree that UTEP is mentioned by many MWC posters. The vast majority of posters state their opinions soley based on "rivalries" and not necesearly what benefites MWC more, ex: strength on top, money from TV, etc. As a matter of fact I myself was one of those who picked UTEP as one of my favorites for MWC inclusion if the conference ever expands.

Now I'm not making an argument for inclusion for UTEP, just pointing out your typical MWC delusional thinking.

Loboblast-mwc Wrote:1. UTEP has since fallen off as a candidate primarily due to their recent fall in both football(Early Price mystic quickly faded going 10-15 since the hot start)and basketball (Tourney appearance now a distant past since they lost their coach and replaced him with a "no name" hire) This is knowing that the addition of UTEP probably helps UNM most than other MWC programs due to the long heated rivalry.
Last three seasons:
Football
UTEP 8-4,8-4,5-7 (21-15)
UNM 7-5,6-5,6-7 (19-17)

Basketball
UTEP 27-8, 24-7, 14-17( first year under new coach)
UNM 26-7, 17-13, 15-17 (fired coach)

Looks to me like UNM wouldn't be considered for MWC inclusion either.

Loboblast-mwc Wrote:2. MWC12 is not an ideal amount for this conf. if it's going to be relegated like the MAC and CUSA in which they play the Champ game at the top rated team's home field (not neutral)and a non Big12/ACC/SEC Champ game date. It's to "mid-major"ish compared to what the major conf. have setup.

NEWSFLASH: MWC IS a midmajor.

Loboblast-mwc Wrote:3. A MWC10 (or maybe MWC11 with FSU)is probably the best amount for this conf. Adding Boise St will instantly add strength on top just like the addition of TCU did. The addition of Fresno St will boost the quality depth of this league.

Agreed. UTEP will never be ready for MWC inclusion unless it comes with BCS status. It never will.

Loboblast-mwc Wrote:Plus, it does not benefit the MWC to go to 12 teams if it's going to be setup like CUSA and MAC by having the game played in a non neutral site and awful start/date time as well.

Sold-out stadium at 7 PM on a Friday evening and the only game played that day. Awful!01-wingedeagle
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2007 11:47 PM by MondoMiner.)
07-18-2007 11:41 PM
Roll Tide Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Alabama
[/quote]

I've been on BYU's board and I have never seen anything about UTEP; CUSA is nowhere near MWC in quality, particularly in football. It isn't even close; if you weren't convinced of that prior to the TCA/Houston game, that should remove all doubt.
12-29-2007 04:29 AM
E-zone Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
UTEPDude Wrote:The MWC will not be getting an autobid any time soon. Even if the BE takes some of our teams away, and the MWC expands, you will not get an autobid at all. We will still end up on the same page as you. 03-lol

This thread is over 6 months, but couple points I would like to make...
The MWC may not be getting an Auto bid any time soon. But one thing is for sure they are a whole lot closer than any other Non-Auto Bid conference out there. In 2006 even with Boise St BC$ run and win over Oklahoma the MWC still finished ahead of the WAC in the BC$ standings;
From the Idaho Statesman 07/02/07;
Quote:The WAC payout could have been even higher. The conference lost about $550,000 in performance money by finishing second to the Mountain West in the conference standings. The WAC was 7-5 against the Mountain West head to head, but the bottom of the league was weak in the computer rankings.
Here is the link;
http://www.idahostatesman.com/boisestate...96335.html

Next if Boise St would have been added to the MWC in time the MWC would have really been knocking hard on the BC$-Auto Bid door for 2004-2007 seasons evaluation period.

Ranked MWC teams:
2004- #5 Utah; #13 Boise St
2005- #9 TCU
2006- #6 Boise St; #15 BYU; #21 TCU
2007- #15 BYU

Ranked Big East teams:
2004- #7 Louisville
2005- #6 West Virginia; #20 Louisville
2006- #7 Louisville; #10 West Virginia; #12 Rutgers
2007- #6 West Virginia; #20 Cincinnati

Ranked ACC teams:
2004- #10 Virginia Tech; #11 Miami; # 14 Florida St; #21 Boston College; #23 Virginia
2005- #7 Virginia Tech; #17 Boston College; #18 Miami; #23 Florida St
2006- #17 Wake Forest; #18 Virginia Tech; #20 Boston College
2007- #9 Virginia Tech; #11 Boston College; #22 Clemson

MWC BC$ Rankings before Bowls are Played:
2004- #6 Utah; #9 Boise St
2005- #14 TCU
2006- #8 Boise St; #20 BYU
2007- #17 BYU; #24 Boise St

Big East BC$ Rankings before Bowls are Played:
2004- #10 Louisville; #21 Pittsburgh
2005- #11 West Virginia; #19 Louisville
2006- #6 Louisville; #13 West Virginia; #16 Rutgers
2007- #9 West Virginia; #21 South Florida; #22 Cincinnati; #25 Connecticut

ACC BC$ Rankings before Bowls are Played:
2004- #8 Virginia Tech; #14 Miami; #16 Florida St; #18 Virginia
2005- #8 Miami; #10 Virginia Tech; #21 Boston College; #22 Florida St
2006- #14 Wake Forest; #15 Virginia Tech; #24 Boston College
2007- #3 Virginia Tech; #14 Boston College; #15 Clemson; #20 Virginia

As far as the computer rankings go, if Boise St were the only team the MWC added it would increase the MWC average every year.
The MWC would be very, very close if Boise St were counted and their would be a much larger gap between the other Non-Auto conferences.

05-stirthepot
02-19-2008 02:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.