Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BAH!
Bookmark and Share
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
BAH!
I'm tired of arguing with you Kennesaw people....so just tell me about your six ten kid....is he athletic? have you seen him play?
07-05-2007 06:08 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators
RE: BAH!
Haven't seen him play. Probably won't till our exhibition games. I haven't been to practices or anything in the past. Some of the other guys on here have made it seem like they watch some practices every now and then.
07-05-2007 06:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

i've seen him play. Saw him against Wheeler and he was guarding JJ Hickson in the Second Half who is ranked in the top 10 in the country. From what i saw in that game, he was in that same level of talent. He has a great midrange jumper. He's also a very good ball handler and one hell of a defender. More then likely he'll start this year. He's kinda skinny, but he's a lot stronger then he looks.
07-05-2007 10:43 PM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I actually asked wooten (at the wellness center) if he had played with him and he said he was really good... Golden also told me that Green is the best recruit KSU has ever signed... Alex played with him and said the kid had a great turn around jump shot down low and he could do it with eyes closed.
07-05-2007 11:41 PM
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

on paper he def is the best player we've signed. Stegal and Green will be a good 1 2 punch down low.
07-05-2007 11:55 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
At 6'10, 175, I'm pretty skeptical that he'll be effective, at least initially. I think he'll get pushed around a lot his freshman year, and opposing teams will punish him down low. Granted, right now in the ASUN there aren't any dominate big men, so his heighth/length will get him through it, but I still see him strugging his first year. That said, it sounds like he has a wealth of promise.
07-06-2007 09:00 AM
Collinr01 Offline
Bench Warmer

"6-foot-10 200-pound Center"

http://new.savannahnow.com/node/310529

Quote:"(Kennesaw) likes everything about him," Ellington said. "What they like more than anything is his potential. They've never had a person with his size and ability. Everybody thought LaDaris just stood around and blocked shots, but he can shoot 50 percent from the floor if he puts his mind to it. He has a lot of skills; he just needs to get in the weight room."
07-06-2007 09:07 AM
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
I'm got my numbers from Rivals, who had him at 6'9, 175. Whatever the case, 200 is still rail thin on a 6'10" frame, but he can probably pack on 25-30 lbs. of muscle and not lose any mobility.
07-06-2007 09:40 AM
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
I have seen him play. He looks to me to be about 215 or so. I would not describe as rail thin...probably about the size of Mishler as far as body mass if that gives you a comparison. I still havent heard any confirmation about his grades on the KSU website, so until I see it announced there I am not going to get my hopes up, but Green will definitely have a good chance to win Freshman of the Year in my opinion (assuming he plays at KSU next year). His offense is way behind his defense at this point, but has a good shot, and should get better with time in the low post. I wouldnt expect more than 6-8 points per game from him during his freshman year, but I think he could average close to 8 boards and 2-3 blocks.

More importantly he would give Kennesaw another piece to putting together a frontcourt that could compete with mid to high majors. We are still growing, but we will have several guys that in the coming years could help us put together a special season. By 08-09 our frontline would look like:

7'0" John Allison (Still needs a lot of strength, Might be a SF when it is all said and done)
6'11" Alex Cornett (Seems to be making good strides)
6'10" Ladaris Green (just have to hope he makes his grades)
6'8" Jay Mitchell (Probably our best post player)
6'7" Jonathan Whipple (Big time athlete...should be an excellent player at this point...can play the SF as well)

Plus anyone else we bring in next year.

That is a front line that is starting to resemble a team that could conceivably compete for a conference championship...who knows, time will tell how it all pans out.
07-06-2007 12:45 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
KB, you're starting lineup looks a lot different than what's floating around our boards for 07-08...

PG: Mattone
SG: Wooten
SF: Nickerson
PF: Stegall
C: Green
07-06-2007 01:59 PM
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

Bucfaithful Wrote:I'm got my numbers from Rivals, who had him at 6'9, 175. Whatever the case, 200 is still rail thin on a 6'10" frame, but he can probably pack on 25-30 lbs. of muscle and not lose any mobility.

i'm not sure what rivals was thinking. cuz when i saw him he was around 200 easily. i hear he's been in the gym a lot so it looks like he's ahead of schedule when it comes to packing on the muscle.
07-06-2007 02:07 PM
Collinr01 Offline
Bench Warmer

Nick M Wrote:KB, you're starting lineup looks a lot different than what's floating around our boards for 07-08...

PG: Mattone
SG: Wooten
SF: Nickerson
PF: Stegall
C: Green

Haha I think he was just listing the big guys we have for the future 03-razz
07-06-2007 02:59 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

i could see whipple and nickerson splitting time this year and switch starting roles.
07-06-2007 03:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.